Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

From Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown has announced he is going to attempt to stop stirring up controversy on social media. In Twitter parlance, he is logging off. "Not giving you media fakes no more ammo," Brown began. "Enjoy my name AB!!! I am in Cali living ready to ball no nonsense!! You trollers troll! To good to worry #CallGod."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown has announced he is going to attempt to stop stirring up controversy on social media. In Twitter parlance, he is logging off. "Not giving you media fakes no more ammo," Brown began. "Enjoy my name AB!!! I am in Cali living ready to ball no nonsense!! You trollers troll! To good to worry #CallGod."
    April Fools day was a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-10-2019)

Nice pickup for the Panthers, inking Chris Hogan.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Nice pickup for the Panthers, inking Chris Hogan.
    If he couldn't be successful last year in an offense tailored for him on a team that was desperate for a 2nd receiver, I'm not sure what Hogan has left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    If he couldn't be successful last year in an offense tailored for him on a team that was desperate for a 2nd receiver, I'm not sure what Hogan has left.

The ways of Belichick are a mystery. He doesn't go to the greatest passer in the world, but Newton is so much better than what was in Buffalo. He's an upper-tier Reciever and the success he had wasn't sytem-related to NE. Belichick, from the 1st game last season, went to a pass-oriented Offense to Runningbacks and Slot Receivers, neither of which is Hogan. Hogan was a victim last season of another of Belichick's adaptations. Teams had to respect him because of the success he had the previous year, so he became a decoy. Hogan is not on the downside of his career. His YPC rose 2.2 yds last season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-12-2019 at 02:30 PM.

The fellow Vince called the best player he ever coached has passed.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...85/3446145002/

2019 NFL Season

The ways of Belichick are a mystery. He doesn't go to the greatest passer in the world, but Newton is so much better than what was in Buffalo. He's an upper-tier Reciever and the success he had wasn't sytem-related to NE. Belichick, from the 1st game last season, went to a pass-oriented Offense to Runningbacks and Slot Receivers, neither of which is Hogan. Hogan was a victim last season of another of Belichick's adaptations. Teams had to respect him because of the success he had the previous year, so he became a decoy. Hogan is not on the downside of his career. His YPC rose 2.2 yds last season.
    NE needed him last year and he didn't do anything. Edelman was suspended the first 4 games, and their offense struggled. They needed a WR to step up, and Hogan did nothing. They then traded for Josh Gordon to take his position, and Gordon took over a prominent role in the offense. Gordon got suspended, Hogan went back into his role, and he again did nothing. It had nothing to do with scheme. He was playing almost every snap. They will use the X Receiver when they have a good one, like Moss, Cooks, and Gordon.

His YPC was skewed by fewer catches and one long TD on a completely blown coverage against Pittsburgh when he went 75 yards uncovered. I think he's at best the 3rd receiver for Carolina.

I'm also a bit angry at him since I wasted a 4th round pick on him last year

Last edited by Hillsdale87; 04-12-2019 at 05:28 PM.

NE needed him last year and he didn't do anything. Edelman was suspended the first 4 games, and their offense struggled. They needed a WR to step up, and Hogan did nothing. They then traded for Josh Gordon to take his position, and Gordon took over a prominent role in the offense. Gordon got suspended, Hogan went back into his role, and he again did nothing. It had nothing to do with scheme. He was playing almost every snap. They will use the X Receiver when they have a good one, like Moss, Cooks, and Gordon.

His YPC was skewed by fewer catches and one long TD on a completely blown coverage against Pittsburgh when he went 75 yards uncovered. I think he's at best the 3rd receiver for Carolina.

I'm also a bit angry at him since I wasted a 4th round pick on him last year

He had the exact same number of catches and targets each of the last 4 years.

It was scheme...purely scheme.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Vikings signed WR Adam Thielen to a four-year, $64 million extension.

Thielen had two years remaining on his contract, but this was expected to get done after playing last season at a $2.85 million salary. It's a deserved raise for Thielen, who had eight straight 100-yard games to open 2018 and is coming off career highs. Thielen's $16 million AAV places him just behind Brandin Cooks as the sixth-highest paid wideout in the league. The new deal keeps Thielen signed through 2024.

He had the exact same number of catches and targets each of the last 4 years.

It was scheme...purely scheme.
    Belichik schemes to fit the talents of his players. When he has a skilled outside receiver, the X receiver is an important part of the offense. Cooks played that role in 2017, Hogan took over that role in 2018, was competing with Phillip Dorsett for targets the first 4 games of the year, and did nothing. Then he lost his job to Josh Gordon, and all of a sudden the X receiver became a focal point. Then Gordon got suspended, and all of a sudden the X receiver stopped getting passes. Belichik may be mis-evaluating, but the Patriots weren't trying to re-sign him. He's clearly not as good as he was.

And his stats were way down from past years. He was much more productive in 2016 and would have been in 2017 except he only started 7 games after getting injured in week 8. Those were better offenses too where he had a lot more competition for targets.

He's fine, but there's a reason he is just now getting signed. He wasn't a top priority

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-24-2023)

Belichik schemes to fit the talents of his players. When he has a skilled outside receiver, the X receiver is an important part of the offense. Cooks played that role in 2017, Hogan took over that role in 2018, was competing with Phillip Dorsett for targets the first 4 games of the year, and did nothing. Then he lost his job to Josh Gordon, and all of a sudden the X receiver became a focal point. Then Gordon got suspended, and all of a sudden the X receiver stopped getting passes. Belichik may be mis-evaluating, but the Patriots weren't trying to re-sign him. He's clearly not as good as he was.

And his stats were way down from past years. He was much more productive in 2016 and would have been in 2017 except he only started 7 games after getting injured in week 8. Those were better offenses too where he had a lot more competition for targets.

He's fine, but there's a reason he is just now getting signed. He wasn't a top priority

I feel Belichick adjusts his schemes, not to fit his players, but to fit rule changes and Defensive packages tendencies and Defensive Personnel tendencies. Both of those tendencies shifted to players strong enough and fast enough to cover TE's and 12-personnel, where a lot of Offenses had shifted to, while the Dime was the most common package (over 60% of the time in the NFL), along with less stout Defenders to cover the run, so Belichick loaded up on RB's who could run or catch (which also matched Brady's weaker arm...Brady's longer passes became a lot less accurate the last couple years, the throws Chris Hogan runs routes for), and Hogan's speed was enough just to keep team's honest, plus he was a decent blocker. Gordon, a player with talent enough to lead the NFL in Receiving, could accomplish the same thing, but with a very high ceiling. It was no knock on Gordon. Belichick also used Gronkowski as a decoy all year, just like he did Hogan and Gordon. When it mattered, Gronk scored in the 4th Quarter of their 13-3 Super Bowl victory. They got to and won the Super Bowl exactly the way Belichick schemed it...using his outside deep Receiver as a decoy. The Patriots had exactly what they wanted in Receivers as the results speak for themselves.

He's just now signing because he had multiple teams interested.

Wow!

Eagles C Jason Kelce said he played through a sprained MCL, broken foot and "torn elbow" in 2018.

The 31-year-old did not miss a game. The elbow issue appears to have been the most serious, though all three ailments usually lead to missed time. Kelce still graded out as one of the league's top pivots in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

Brady's replacement?

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Monday is the "firm, real deadline" in Russell Wilson's extension talks.

Per Rapsheet, Wilson's agent has been "in the building" the past three days to try to get a deal done. Whether or not Wilson truly intends for today to be the deadline, the Seahawks could still come back with an offer he could not refuse before Week 1, but it is clear Wilson is playing legitimate hard ball. NBC's Peter King has reported Wilson wants his future salaries tied to the salary cap. This could get ugly. Wilson's ultimate problem is that he could simply be franchise tagged next offseason.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Monday is the "firm, real deadline" in Russell Wilson's extension talks.

Per Rapsheet, Wilson's agent has been "in the building" the past three days to try to get a deal done. Whether or not Wilson truly intends for today to be the deadline, the Seahawks could still come back with an offer he could not refuse before Week 1, but it is clear Wilson is playing legitimate hard ball. NBC's Peter King has reported Wilson wants his future salaries tied to the salary cap. This could get ugly. Wilson's ultimate problem is that he could simply be franchise tagged next offseason.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Wilson has signed an extension with the Seahawks. He will be the highest paid player in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...n-top-paid-nfl
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Wilson has signed an extension with the Seahawks. He will be the highest paid player in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...n-top-paid-nfl
    Seahawks will never make the playoffs with that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Seahawks will never make the playoffs with that contract.
    Playoff expectations next year:

CHI
    LAR

East Winner
    South Winner

Two left...not SEA.

Turn Off Ads?