Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How strong will rotation be in AAA this year?

Re: How strong will rotation be in AAA this year?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If they were inclined the Reds could pay some Dodger-esque games with the 10-Day DL to give Disco/Mahle/youngsters rest keeping them fresh.
    They don't even have to play games. We have 4 locked in starters barring injuries. (Gray, Roark, Castillo and Wood) and a bunch of possibilities for #5. I'd have no problem putting them on a minor league "rotation". 1st guy is Disco, second time Mahle, 3rd time Reed, etc. When they are not on staff they are getting regular turns in AAA. If someone becomes "the guy" based on his performances..... there you go.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If they were inclined the Reds could pay some Dodger-esque games with the 10-Day DL to give Disco/Mahle/youngsters rest keeping them fresh.
    Actually seems like a really good idea on how to keep innings down, play the matchups and keep the guys in AAA engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    There will be openings, Sal can make the team. There always are. Disregard these off-season predictions. When ST starts we’ll learn the real state of play, who’s healthy, who isn’t, and then the typical ST injuries. Last year almost half the pitching staff was injured.

As for this change up thing, Sal has been in the Reds’ system for seven years. If he isn’t ready to pitch, he likely never will be. You can’t disguise his basic stuff by now teaching him a changeup.

His stuff will play better in the bullpen. It’s probably where he always belonged.
    I'm fine with letting Sal compete for a bullpen spot and if he grabs the bull by the horns by all means put him there. But there are a LOT of middling middle relief types on the Reds roster and unless he is going to be a significant improvement over the others he should be in Louisville's rotation. It's more innings, it creates starting pitching depth, and it allows them to retain one of the out-of-options guys since Sal still has options left.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    They don't even have to play games. We have 4 locked in starters barring injuries. (Gray, Roark, Castillo and Wood) and a bunch of possibilities for #5. I'd have no problem putting them on a minor league "rotation". 1st guy is Disco, second time Mahle, 3rd time Reed, etc. When they are not on staff they are getting regular turns in AAA. If someone becomes "the guy" based on his performances..... there you go.
    Disco will be in the rotation, hurt, or traded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Love the idea, but I don't think they can option Disco without his permission. He's been on the big league roster for too long. Somebody like Kinsm can verify if I understand that correctly.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Love the idea, but I don't think they can option Disco without his permission. He's been on the big league roster for too long. Somebody like Kinsm can verify if I understand that correctly.
    As far as I can tell, they are able to option DeSclafani. A player needs 5+ years of service time to be able to refuse an option. DeSclafani has not reached that amount of service time as of yet. He has 4 years and 62 days service time. When he accrues 110 additional days, the Reds will need his consent to option him. I think.

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-05-2019),mth123 (02-01-2019),RED VAN HOT (02-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    As far as I can tell, they are able to option DeSclafani. A player needs 5+ years of service time to be able to refuse an option. DeSclafani has not reached that amount of service time as of yet. He has 4 years and 62 days service time. When he accrues 110 additional days, the Reds will need his consent to option him. I think.
    Thanks, I was thinking it was three years.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Turn Off Ads?