Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reiver SanMartin

Reiver SanMartin

Top five All-Name Team. Not in the top 30 Yankee farmhands.

Scouting reports include:

River Ave. Blues
    The 21-year-old Sanmartin turned pro in 2015 and posted a 2.45 ERA (3.06 FIP) with 19.7% strikeouts and 3.2% walks in 66 innings split between two Single-A levels this summer. MLB.com does not rank him among the top 30 Rangers prospects. Here’s a scouting report from Gerry Fraley last year:

After two years in the Dominican Summer League, Sanmartin has jumped to the Low-A South Atlantic League this season. Sanmartin, 21, has a small frame at 5 feet 10 and 160 pounds. He has a low-90s mph fastball that sinks and complements it with a good changeup. The key to Sanmartin’s success is his ability to repeat a good delivery and throw strikes. For the season, he has 44 strikeouts with only five walks in 50 2/3 innings. Good athlete and high baseball IQ.
    Pinestriped Prospects:
    The left-hander, Sanmartin, has been with the Rangers since signing as an international free agent at 19-years-old. He spent his first two-years in the Dominican Summer League before coming over to the United States in 2017. In 32 minor league games, 23 starts, he has a 14-4 record with a 2.62 ERA and 119 strikeouts in 137 2/3 innings pitched.
    Sanmartin throws a low-90s fastball along with an average changeup and slider. He will likely end up in the bullpen long-term.
    Video from fangraphs:

The Greedy Pinstripes:
    Sanmartin sits at about 88-92 MPH on his fastball while complimenting that pitch with what is considered to be an average changeup and slider. All signs point to Sanmartin being a bullpen arm if and when he reaches the Major League level, and that’s okay if you’re the Yankees.
    Another video you may enjoy is this one by 2080. It's more current than the rest of the information on here. What's fun to see is that fastball looks more like a screwball. That'd be real fun, IMO.

Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 01-21-2019 at 04:57 PM.

2. Likes:

lollipopcurve (01-21-2019),mace (01-21-2019),RED VAN HOT (01-21-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reiver SanMartin

He'll be 23 when this season starts for him, and it looks like he'll be in Daytona. According to B-R, he'll be at the average age for that level. I don't know how the Reds see him, but to get any EXTRA player in this deal...

This is the new normal for the Reds. And I like it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

5. Likes:

redsmetz (01-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    He'll be 23 when this season starts for him, and it looks like he'll be in Daytona. According to B-R, he'll be at the average age for that level. I don't know how the Reds see him, but to get any EXTRA player in this deal...

This is the new normal for the Reds. And I like it.
    I could easily see him as a LH middle reliver, not a bad thing to grab as well at all.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

wifi acting up. double post.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

From Eric Longenhagen:

Reiver Sanmartin is like a college pitch-ability arm. He's 22, so this is probably all the velo there will be, but it sinks, he's a ++ athlete with + breaking ball command, his sinker and change have complimentary movement, the arm slot is weird. I like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Couple things stand out. First, he absolutely owned LH hitters in 2018. Second, the Yankees bounced him from team to team, all over their system, up, down, everywhere. That concerns me a little if you expect him to be a prospect. If you want a good organizational guy, fine. Everyone needs those guys. But guys regarded as prospects don’t usually play at four levels in one year, in an almost random order. Guys who do that are usually the guys that the organization sees as pretty much tapped out on potential, guys who get sent somewhere for one emergency start because they don’t want to mess up the routine of their prospects. We will see.

Anyone read his name as Reliever?

I like the movement in the video above. He had a touch of Raisel in this lateral movement.

11. Likes:

redsmetz (01-22-2019),Spanky (01-22-2019),UKFlounder (01-21-2019)

Is he one of these guys?

Or one of these guys?

Last edited by M2; 01-21-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

In the Texas video, he seems to be pretty much at the first base side of the rubber, exaggerating his cross the body action. Not so much in the Yankees clip, though I have a harder time judging it there. Will be interesting to see what we do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Is he one of these guys?

Or one of these guys?

He's a Scottish border ruffian. Not to be confused with Johnny Ruffin.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

15. Likes:

M2 (01-21-2019)

What jumped out at me is that the first report above mentioned him as 5' 10". The second video later in that post shows him as 6' 2" - so that's 4 inches in a couple of years. That's some late blooming, although I know it happens. Had a friend who was my height when we finished high school and he grew about that much during that time. Now showing at 160 lbs, so I would imagine they'll want to get some meat on his bones too. Not a bad throw-in.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Anyone read his name as Reliever?

I like the movement in the video above. He had a touch of Raisel in this lateral movement.
    Understandable. He has reileiveir written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Top five All-Name Team. Not in the top 30 Yankee farmhands.

Scouting reports include:

River Ave. Blues

Pinestriped Prospects:

Video from fangraphs:

The Greedy Pinstripes:

Another video you may enjoy is this one by 2080. It's more current than the rest of the information on here. What's fun to see is that fastball looks more like a screwball. That'd be real fun, IMO.

He's a fun guy to watch. He's got some great movement

19. Likes:

mace (01-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    He's got some great movement
    First thing I noticed.

Turn Off Ads?