Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nick Travieso

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Nick Travieso

Progress update? Anything? I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere in like over a year now.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nick Travieso

Iíve assumed his career was over after last season.

What a terrible pick. Was a head scratcher when it was made and itís even more so today. Although, I suppose we found out his dad and Buckley are golfing buddies.

Dude hasnít played since 2016 and only pitched 426 innings in 6 seasons. Wild.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Technically he was a six-year guy after this season, but he wasn't listed among the Reds' minor league free agents. Maybe his injury status either prevented his waiver or bought the Reds an extra year of control. Yet, seeing that he hasn't pitched in two years, I doubt any of that matters.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

5. Likes:

pedro (01-27-2019)

Unfortunate that both Travieso and Langfield had injuries. Both would have had major league careers. Travieso was a hard-working bulldog, big competitor, good person. Impossible to say how good he would have been without the injuries but he would have at least gotten his chance like his contemporaries have (Romano, Garrett).

7. Likes:

BillDoran (01-28-2019),cumberlandreds (01-28-2019),Edd Roush (01-28-2019),Old school 1983 (01-28-2019),redsmetz (01-28-2019)

Remember a few years back how no one wanted to include him Stephenson or Cingrani in any proposed Stanton deal on here? Goes to show sometimes the prospects go bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Remember a few years back how no one wanted to include him Stephenson or Cingrani in any proposed Stanton deal on here? Goes to show sometimes the prospects go bust.
    I don't remember any point in time where people we're hesitant to deal Travieso. I suppose some people were, but he is one of my least favorite Reds prospects of the last 30 years.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

10. Likes:

MikeS21 (02-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I don't remember any point in time where people we're hesitant to deal Travieso. I suppose some people were, but he is one of my least favorite Reds prospects of the last 30 years.
    Nick Howard says hi.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Why's that? Because he was a reach, or...? I remember his pro comp being Matt Cain. His minor league numbers aren't eye-popping, but decent nevertheless. He just happened to injure himself.

He'll be turning 25 in a few days. I know he had shoulder surgery in June '17, and that recovery time was estimated to be 9 months. That's the last I've heard of him. I know shoulder surgery is, for the most part, less succsessful than Tommy John, but there have been a few guys recently to come back from them. Hyun-jin Ryu comes to mind.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

FWIW his Twitter page still says he is with the Reds
    https://twitter.com/NTravieso21?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Turn Off Ads?