Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Keith Law Top Prospects

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    12,514

    Keith Law Top Prospects

    Are up but behind the paywall. Curious for where our guys stack up in his rankings.
    Go BLUE!!!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,918

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  4. Likes:

    alwaysawarrior (02-01-2019),Benihana (01-30-2019),Tom Servo (01-30-2019),Tuff Nut (01-31-2019)

  5. #3
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    30,644

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  6. Likes:

    Edd Roush (01-30-2019),Mitri (01-30-2019),Tuff Nut (01-31-2019)

  7. #4
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. Likes:

    Edd Roush (01-30-2019),RedTeamGo! (01-31-2019)

  9. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    12,514

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    India #76
    Santillian #83
    Greene #16
    Trammell #12
    Senzel #6
    Sounds about right to me
    Go BLUE!!!

  10. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,578

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Trammell being rated that high just shows how absurd some of the Realmuto packages have been by some of the national guys. I've heard some talk about Trammell, India plus more. That is just insane.

  11. Likes:

    Benihana (01-30-2019),Edd Roush (01-31-2019),HammerTime (01-31-2019),Kirito-Sama (01-31-2019),Tuff Nut (01-31-2019)

  12. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    12,514

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Trammell being rated that high just shows how absurd some of the Realmuto packages have been by some of the national guys. I've heard some talk about Trammell, India plus more. That is just insane.
    I’m not sure I’d trade Trammell straight up for Realmuto. Admittedly, I love Trammell.

    If he’s able to play CF, an OF of him, Winker and Puig could eventually be the most exciting in baseball IMO.
    Last edited by Benihana; 01-30-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

  13. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    I stopped reading after Tatis was #1.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  14. Likes:

    SoTxRedsFan (01-31-2019)

  15. #9
    Member Rojo Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    There is a reason Trammell comes up every time the Reds are in trade discussions for other players.

    The league knows. It wouldn't surprise me if he was top 5 heading into 2020 with an outside shot at #1 overall depending on who gets the call above him and his 2019 performance.

  16. Likes:

    Benihana (01-31-2019)

  17. #10
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,717

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I stopped reading after Tatis was #1.
    I’m willing to listen. He lays out that Tatis has a 20 run per year head start over Vlad due to position (SS vs his projection that Vlad is headed for DH).

  18. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,045

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m willing to listen. He lays out that Tatis has a 20 run per year head start over Vlad due to position (SS vs his projection that Vlad is headed for DH).
    I didn't see the part where he laid out the 20 run difference between SS vs DH, are you sure it is in there?. Either way, I am certainly willing to listen as well, but I feel like his explanations don't add up. It seems like he is crediting Tatis as a sure thing to hit his across the board ceiling while describing Vlad as a 25 HR/.400 OBP DH, which is essentially his floor. If Vlad is a 25 HR/.400 OBP bat then Tatis is something like a 20HR/.340 OBP bat, based on the way Vlad performed offensively as a 19 year old in AA compared to Tatis.

    He comps Tatis to a younger Manny Machado with more strength, but ignores the swing and miss Tatis has shown in his game that Machado never has. Even during the post May 1st stretch Tatis had a 24% K rate. It isn't alarming, but it certainly adds extra risk to the profile. He also briefly hits on the fact Tatis may outgrow SS, but seems to then ignore it while counting him as a stud defender at SS.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  19. Likes:

    Edd Roush (01-31-2019)

  20. #12
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,717

    Re: Keith Law Top Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I didn't see the part where he laid out the 20 run difference between SS vs DH, are you sure it is in there?. Either way, I am certainly willing to listen as well, but I feel like his explanations don't add up. It seems like he is crediting Tatis as a sure thing to hit his across the board ceiling while describing Vlad as a 25 HR/.400 OBP DH, which is essentially his floor. If Vlad is a 25 HR/.400 OBP bat then Tatis is something like a 20HR/.340 OBP bat, based on the way Vlad performed offensively as a 19 year old in AA compared to Tatis.

    He comps Tatis to a younger Manny Machado with more strength, but ignores the swing and miss Tatis has shown in his game that Machado never has. Even during the post May 1st stretch Tatis had a 24% K rate. It isn't alarming, but it certainly adds extra risk to the profile. He also briefly hits on the fact Tatis may outgrow SS, but seems to then ignore it while counting him as a stud defender at SS.
    Forgive me if it wasn’t in the article. He laid it out in a chat he did yesterday. (Link on his Twitter)

  21. Likes:

    Griffey012 (01-31-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator