Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anime

Asuna's Husband

Anime

does anybody on this forum watch anime? Here are some of my favorite anime series:
    * Sword Art Online
    * Goblin Slayer
    * Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    * Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
    * Log Horizon
    * Shokugeki no Soma
    * ReZero
    * Shingeki no Kyojin
    * Accel World

if anybody here likes anime too please tell me what anime you like if you like anime

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anime

Casual fan: Cowboy BeBop remains my all time favorite. Yowamushi Pedal is a guilty pleasure and last year I really enjoyed Princess Principal
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

4. Likes:

Kirito-Sama (01-31-2019)

One Punch Man is maybe the best thing I have ever watched. Also a big fan of Psycho Pass Season 1. I'm pretty basic, but FMA: Brotherhood remains a classic in my mind as well.

6. Likes:

Kirito-Sama (01-31-2019),M2 (02-10-2019),Tadasimha (01-31-2019)

Asuna's Husband

Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    One Punch Man is maybe the best thing I have ever watched. Also a big fan of Psycho Pass Season 1. I'm pretty basic, but FMA: Brotherhood remains a classic in my mind as well.
    How could I have forgotten to put OPM on my list??? That show is HILARIOUS.

Asuna's Husband

Anybody watching any seasonal stuff?

I know little about anime but my daughter is quite the "expert" and is in fact an animation major in college. I passed these on to her and she knows all these shows and added that she can tell that you all are male. She's a big anime fan.

10. Likes:

Kirito-Sama (02-03-2019),Tadasimha (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirito-Sama View Post
    Anybody watching any seasonal stuff?
    Not right now - but I did just binge watch all three of the Godzilla anime movies that were on Netflix. Some bold changes to the classic kaiju and I liked the art/animation style, a nice balance between traditional pen and ink and digital animation imho

12. Likes:

Kirito-Sama (02-04-2019),M2 (02-10-2019)

Asuna's Husband

STEINS;GATE is one of the few uber popular series I haven't seen yet, I've kind of been saving it. I just picked up the visual novel today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Casual fan: Cowboy BeBop remains my all time favorite. Yowamushi Pedal is a guilty pleasure and last year I really enjoyed Princess Principal
    Everyone I know who likes anime loves BeBop. I have never been able to get into it. Same with Trigun. I just don't "get" them I guess.

To answer the most recent question, I don't really tune in for seasonal stuff. I just watch things people recommend to me, or that look interesting on netflix/hulu/crunchy.
    Last edited by drowg14; 02-05-2019 at 10:58 AM.

The Mumen Rider speech from OPM is one of my favorite things ever.

I tend to dig the cartoonier stuff:

Seven Deadly Sins
    Space Dandy
    Kill La Kill
    Bo Bo Bo
    Lupin III

Current shows I'm watching are My Hero Academia and Megalobox.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

Yachtzee (03-01-2019)

Everyone I know who likes anime loves BeBop. I have never been able to get into it. Same with Trigun. I just don't "get" them I guess.

To answer the most recent question, I don't really tune in for seasonal stuff. I just watch things people recommend to me, or that look interesting on netflix/hulu/crunchy.
    Trigun I never got into either. Something about the main character just never sat well with me - didn't care. Surprised about Bebop, though, just about everyone I know digs the show...even people who don't care for anime in general enjoy it.

Going back almost 20 years but I enjoyed Neon Genesis Evangelion and my favorite will always by Macross Plus.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Gintama
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?