Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Sixers ranked 5th in the entire NBA via cbs.com power rankings.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Sixers ranked 5th in the entire NBA via cbs.com power rankings.
    I think they're 38-19 since Jimmy Butler showed up and 13-5 since the Tobias Harris trade. They've done a nice job of assimilation.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (03-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think they're 38-19 since Jimmy Butler showed up and 13-5 since the Tobias Harris trade. They've done a nice job of assimilation.
    The Sixers now are kind of like the Reds this year, banking on one year and out players. Hopefully both teams can hang on to at least one of the players.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    The Sixers now are kind of like the Reds this year, banking on one year and out players. Hopefully both teams can hang on to at least one of the players.
    Elton Brand seems to be operating on the premise that Joel Embiid might be the new Bill Walton, so strike fast while he's healthy.

Media outlets are wondering what's wrong with OKC and trying to come up with excuses why they are losing. At least they all agree with me on what I've said for years...Westbrook's teams lose when he has a higher usage rate.

Nothing is wrong with OKC. The schedule has just caught up with them. They have been playing the harder games everyone else, other than Denver, had already played. They're even now and things will settle down for OKC.

Here are the games left each team has to play against teams in the playoff hunt:

Western Conference:

DEN 9
    OKC 6
    HOU 5
    POR 5
    LAC 4
    SAS 3
    GSW 3
    UTA 2

Eastern Conference:

IND 8
    DET 8
    BKN 8
    MIL 7
    MIA 7
    BOS 7
    ORL 6
    TOR 4
    PHI 4
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Harden already has 26 points in the first quarter, and it's not over yet.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (03-23-2019),Kingspoint (03-22-2019)

Rockets up 15 on the Spurs at the half. The Spurs seem to always make a run on Houston late in the game. Stay tuned. Harden has 37. If Houston was up 15 with a minute to go, I might relax.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Rockets up 15 on the Spurs at the half. The Spurs seem to always make a run on Houston late in the game. Stay tuned. Harden has 37. If Houston was up 15 with a minute to go, I might relax.
    As you said, SAS take the lead in the 4th.

LAC hold on and squeak by CLE.
    OKC wins @ TOR .
    ORL rallies big to beat the Conleyless Grizzlies.
    DEN wins.
    MIA trying to rally @ MIL.
    BKN trying to find a West Coast win @ LAL.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Harden scores 13 pts in 2-1/2 minutes to put HOU up 5 with 1-1/2 minutes to go.

Like clockwork, the Spurs make a run late. Harden with some downtown magic. Chris Paul with 4 free throws in the last minute. Houston rallies from a 100-94 deficit to win 109-105. Harden finishes with 61. I never count the Spurs out.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Like clockwork, the Spurs make a run late. Harden with some downtown magic. Chris Paul with 4 free throws in the last minute. Houston rallies from a 100-94 deficit to win 109-105. Harden finishes with 61. I never count the Spurs out.
    DeRozan is a quality player, but Harden isn't putting up 61 on Kawhi Leonard.

His best night of the year.

Rounding out March, games involving two teams in the playoffs with ORL added to the group in the East:

Sat, Mar 23rd:

DET @ POR, 10:00 p.m. est, NBATV

Sun, Mar 24th:

DEN @ IND, 5:00 p.m. est
    SAS @ BOS, 7:30 p.m. est, NBATV
    DET @ GSW, 8:30 p.m. est

Mon, Mar 25th:

PHI @ ORL, 7:00 p.m. est, NBATV
    BKN @ POR, 10:00 p.m. est, NBATV

Tue, Mar 26th:

ORL @ MIA, 7:30 p.m. est
    HOU @ MIL, 8:00 p.m. est, TNT
    DET @ DEN, 9:00 p.m. est

Wed, Mar 27th:

IND @ OKC, 8:00 p.m. est, ESPN

Thu, Mar 28th:

ORL @ DET, 7:00 p.m. est
    BKN @ PHI, 7:00 p.m. est
    DEN @ HOU, 8:00 p.m. est, NBATV
    LAC @ MIL, 8:00 p.m. est

Fri, Mar 29th:

IND @ BOS, 7:00 p.m. est, NBATV
    DEN @ OKC, 8:00 p.m. est

Sat, Mar 30th:

BOS @ BKN, 6:00 p.m. est
    POR @ DET, 7:00 p.m. est
    ORL @ IND, 7:00 p.m. est

Sun, Mar 31st:

None

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-24-2019),texasdave (03-23-2019)

I love Lionel Hollins' comments last night...

To paraphrase:

"At the beginning of the year, most people didn't think LeBron could lead the Lakers to the playoffs this year. Then they are in 4th place early in the season and all of these unreasonable expectations rear up, he gets hurt, and then they can't win without him. But, even if they had all stayed healthy, he was never going to lead this group to the playoffs this season."

By the way, who has the worst overall record in the NBA over the last four years? The Lakers, and it's not even close. What have they got to show for all of this losing? Very little. The same problems they had this year trying to compete in the West, they will have next year, too, as Sacramento, Dallas and Minnesota will all be vastly improved, and that doesn't include Memphis and the 8 teams currently in the playoffs. I can't see any of them being worse next year, and I see them all being improved next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I love Lionel Hollins' comments last night...

To paraphrase:

"At the beginning of the year, most people didn't think LeBron could lead the Lakers to the playoffs this year. Then they are in 4th place early in the season and all of these unreasonable expectations rear up, he gets hurt, and then they can't win without him. But, even if they had all stayed healthy, he was never going to lead this group to the playoffs this season."

By the way, who has the worst overall record in the NBA over the last four years? The Lakers, and it's not even close. What have they got to show for all of this losing? Very little. The same problems they had this year trying to compete in the West, they will have next year, too, as Sacramento, Dallas and Minnesota will all be vastly improved, and that doesn't include Memphis and the 8 teams currently in the playoffs. I can't see any of them being worse next year, and I see them all being improved next season.
    Hollins is doing a bit of revision there. Most everyone picked the Lakers to make the playoffs this year. I felt like I was being contrarian when I suggested they might not. If they had retained Lopez, Randle, Nance and Clarkson, they'd have had a much better chance.

Totally agreed they've assembled a mess. I don't blame New Orleans one bit for not being interested in the Lakers pile of young players for AD. Worst part is Magic and Pelinka seem clueless. They've got some money to spend, but they're almost sure to blow it.

Turn Off Ads?