Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Through 54 minutes, the lineup of Green-Cousins-Durant-Thompson-Curry has a +27.1 Net Rating (in 5 games).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

M2 (02-06-2019),Revering4Blue (02-06-2019)

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Clippers have agreed to trade F Tobias Harris, C Boban Marjanovic and PF Mike Scott to the 76ers for G Landry Shamet, F Wilson Chandler, PF Mike Muscala and a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami, and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick.

The Sixers get a fourth stud in Harris, and the Clippers get the 2021 unprotected Miami pick, along with the 2020 Sixers pick, both of which will be highly coveted when players want to head to Los Angeles. As for Harris, he simply has to take a fantasy hit while playing alongside guys like Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler, but he's also a huge upgrade over Chandler. Harris will still have some decent fantasy value, but he'll go from being an alpha dog for his owners, to being just a third or fourth option in Philly. Woj is also reporting that the Sixers fully plan on keeping the new Big 4 of Embiid, Simmons, Butler and Harris together, and that they plan on re-signing free agents Butler and Harris this summer.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Clippers have agreed to trade F Tobias Harris, C Boban Marjanovic and PF Mike Scott to the 76ers for G Landry Shamet, F Wilson Chandler, PF Mike Muscala and a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 unprotected first-round pick via Miami, and a 2021 and 2023 second-round pick.

The Sixers get a fourth stud in Harris, and the Clippers get the 2021 unprotected Miami pick, along with the 2020 Sixers pick, both of which will be highly coveted when players want to head to Los Angeles. As for Harris, he simply has to take a fantasy hit while playing alongside guys like Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler, but he's also a huge upgrade over Chandler. Harris will still have some decent fantasy value, but he'll go from being an alpha dog for his owners, to being just a third or fourth option in Philly. Woj is also reporting that the Sixers fully plan on keeping the new Big 4 of Embiid, Simmons, Butler and Harris together, and that they plan on re-signing free agents Butler and Harris this summer.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    Philly is now phascinating. Their starting five might be the best non-Warriors unit in the NBA. Yet their bench is kind of woeful. Boban helps, but Furkan Korkmaz looks like the only potential scorer. Trading Fultz for some depth would seem to be the move they need to make.

Yet can they keep Harris and Butler after this season? If they can, then they gambled and won. If they can't, they sent a lot of assets out the door for one shot at glory. They also have to hand Ben Simmons a max extension after this season (won't kick in until 2020-21). So their payroll may get enormous.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Embiid was clearly frustrated tonight as he would do his job inside and then there was no one else rotating to pick up the Defense after he made a stop. Harris will end that frustration.

What a great pickup. 76er's G.M. has G.M. of the Year locked up unless someone can top this and Butler.

- - - Updated - - -

The Clippers now have the ammo to get A.D. and bring in a Tier-1 FA. Jerry West does it again.

The Clippers now have the ammo to get A.D. and bring in a Tier-1 FA. Jerry West does it again.
    This was my first thought when I saw this trade. Clippers clearing things up and adding the necessary parts to beat a Lakers offer. Now that the word is New Orleans wants picks.

Harris doesn't need plays made for him. He can get 18/10 all on his own. He has that pitbull mentality, too.

Philly has as good of a chance as MIL, TOR or BOS to get to the NBA Finals this year. But, none of the other teams have been there, so it's a conference full of inexperience in the playoffs with Boston the most experienced.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-06-2019 at 03:09 AM.

8. Likes:

goreds2 (02-06-2019),M2 (02-06-2019)

Harris doesn't need plays made for him. He can get 18/10 all on his own. He has that pitbull mentality, too.

Philly has as good of a chance as MIL, TOR or BOS to get to the NBA Finals this year. But, none of the other teams have been there, so it's a conference full of inexperience in the playoffs with Boston the most experienced.
    Yet another reminder of how bad Rob Hennigan was for Orlando when it came to making deals. While he did a good job of acquiring Harris for a JJ Redick package he is also responsible for trading Harris away (less than a year after signing him to a deal) for Ersan Illyasova and Brandon Jennings.

He did very well with the Dwight Howard deal (Orlando ended up with Vucevic, Harkless, and Afflalo (later dealt straight up for Fournier)) but the other deals were franchise crippling. The Oladipo/Sabonis deal for Ibaka (that same package was used bu OKC to acquire PG), the Harkless deal to Portland for a 2nd rd pick that was top 55 protected (pretty much meaningless), then trading Ibaka that same season after dealing for him to Toronto for Terrence Ross and a 1st (which Orlando took the Lativian Center and flipped his rights to Philly for a future 1st and 2nd rd pick - these deals were not made by Hennigan).

Then there was the whole Efrid Payton for Dario Sarcic deal where he got finessed out of a future 1st by Hinkie and the 76ers, a pick Orlando had obtained from them in the Dwight Howard deal.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-06-2019),Revering4Blue (02-06-2019)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Stanley Johnson headed to Milwaukee for Thon Maker. I like this deal for both teams.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-06-2019)

Through 54 minutes, the lineup of Green-Cousins-Durant-Thompson-Curry has a +27.1 Net Rating (in 5 games).
    And they're still ironing it out. By the time they hit the playoffs, the Warriors are going to be terrifying (if they stay healthy). They're a threat to go fo-fo-fo-fo.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-06-2019)

I said it before the draft and I'll say it again Lonzo isn't worth the headaches. Until he tells his dad to shut up, his time in the NBA will be overshadowed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lavar-ball-...223220709.html

And if I'm the Suns, I answer the phone to just laugh at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-06-2019),M2 (02-06-2019),Revering4Blue (02-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I said it before the draft and I'll say it again Lonzo isn't worth the headaches. Until he tells his dad to shut up, his time in the NBA will be overshadowed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lavar-ball-...223220709.html

And if I'm the Suns, I answer the phone to just laugh at him.
    That and he can't shoot.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-06-2019),Revering4Blue (02-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That and he can't shoot.
    It is amazing that you can achieve that level of professional basketball and only make 40% of your free throws and not be 7 ft tall. The only saving grace I can see is a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ration and averaging 5.4 assists per game.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

20. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    It is amazing that you can achieve that level of professional basketball and only make 40% of your free throws and not be 7 ft tall. The only saving grace I can see is a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ration and averaging 5.4 assists per game.
    He's unplayable late in a tight game. He needs the ball in his hands to make anything happen, and then the opposition can just hack him.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He's unplayable late in a tight game. He needs the ball in his hands to make anything happen, and then the opposition can just hack him.
    The free throw thing with him is weird. It also removes what could be a strength of his game, but getting to the rim and being a kick out passer because he doesn't want to get fouled.

23. Likes:

Rumor mill: Mike Conley does NOT want to end up in Utah. The buzz is that he might soon be a Raptor, with Kyle Lowry ending up playing with the Jazz.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/...e-to-utah.html

Turn Off Ads?