Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You undervalue chemistry by a wide margin and the mental part of what is a team game.
    I don't value stuff that's made up in other people's heads and varies skull to skull. That's true.

Yet, even if you want to make a chemistry argument here, what is it? How does it manifest itself? When Kemba's not on the court, the Hornets are a mess. When he's on the court, they're almost good. Tony Parker, famously good at chemistry/mental part of the game, hasn't been able to get anything out of this train wreck. Kemba is carrying his team. Without him their chemistry is hazmat. Earlier this season you were trying to insist they needed to play more Malik Monk, who's useless.

So, aside from you saying so, I'm not seeing any issue with Kemba other than he's been saddled with a terrible team.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

SteelSD (03-25-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't value stuff that's made up in other people's heads and varies skull to skull. That's true.

Yet, even if you want to make a chemistry argument here, what is it? How does it manifest itself? When Kemba's not on the court, the Hornets are a mess. When he's on the court, they're almost good. Tony Parker, famously good at chemistry/mental part of the game, hasn't been able to get anything out of this train wreck. Kemba is carrying his team. Without him their chemistry is hazmat. Earlier this season you were trying to insist they needed to play more Malik Monk, who's useless.

So, aside from you saying so, I'm not seeing any issue with Kemba other than he's been saddled with a terrible team.
    Tony Parker hasn't been given the opportunity to spend more than 31 minutes on the floor with any one group other than the 74 minutes I mentioned and that lineup has a +17.4. If you won't embrace the importance of team chemistry and the mental part of the game, such as Kemba acting like a 2-year old when the game is on the line, then how about recognizing the Net Ratings and lack of continuity that are the facts of Parker's contributions?

- - - Updated - - -

As far as Monk, I wanted them to play him becuase he needs to be developed. He hasn't had enough minutes in his career to make any judgement about him. They need more bodies, and playing Vets over high draft picks in their situation just isn't smart.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-25-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

One thing we all agree on is that Charlotte is poorly run.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Tony Parker hasn't been given the opportunity to spend more than 31 minutes on the floor with any one group other than the 74 minutes I mentioned and that lineup has a +17.4. If you won't embrace the importance of team chemistry and the mental part of the game, such as Kemba acting like a 2-year old when the game is on the line, then how about recognizing the Net Ratings and lack of continuity that are the facts of Parker's contributions?
    Kemba's got the best overall net rating on the team, by far. It kind of spikes your argument. Parker's got a -2.27 RPM. He's not playing because the starting PG is a lot better. Like, A LOT.

As far as Monk, I wanted them to play him becuase he needs to be developed. He hasn't had enough minutes in his career to make any judgement about him. They need more bodies, and playing Vets over high draft picks in their situation just isn't smart.
    The problem with that is that Kemba's managed to keep them in the hunt all season. I agree they ought to be developing players instead. They should have traded Kemba. Yet they're run by MJ and he's terrible at this. So they're riding Kemba to the bitter end. I mean, how hard is it to toss Kemba a bone for keeping what should be a high lottery team in the playoff hunt?

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-25-2019),Revering4Blue (03-26-2019)

Sitting next to a Celtics fan from Boston.

Have a Guiness when you hit Quincy.

Have a Guiness when you hit Quincy.
    I've got to go past like a hundred Irish pubs to get to Quincy. I'm partial to Flann O'Brien's in Mission Hill.

I'm probably doing fried clams next time I'm in Quincy.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-25-2019)

Kemba's got the best overall net rating on the team, by far. It kind of spikes your argument. Parker's got a -2.27 RPM. He's not playing because the starting PG is a lot better. Like, A LOT.
    His position also fails on the point where Walker is somehow held accountable for a small-sample net rating when Biyombo replaces Zeller. Bismack Biyombo is easily one of the worst Centers in the NBA. His RPM of -1.94 makes Amir Johnson look like an upgrade. There simply isn't a viable position where the point guard can be held entirely responsible for results when an average Center is replaced with a terrible one.

Seems like someone has dug himself in too hard...again. Debates that begin with nothing more than metaphysical supposition tend to crash an burn upon even the lightest inspection.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Sitting next to a Celtics fan from Boston.
    I'm guessing he's not too happy at the moment.

I'm guessing he's not too happy at the moment.
    He said he needs to get back into the NBA to find a team to root for. I don't get it.

He said he needs to get back into the NBA to find a team to root for. I don't get it.
    Maybe he's a Bird era Celtics fans who's drifted away. I'm a former Sixers and Nuggets fan who doesn't really have a team these days.

And shouldn't you be yelling that someone on Portland needs to clog the lane on defense? They're giving D'Lo a red carpet.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2019)

Josef Nurkic got hit in the face again!

Edit: This isn't as much fun. Nurkic just broke his ankle. That was ugly.
    Last edited by M2; 03-26-2019 at 12:49 AM.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2019)

Josef Nurkic got hit in the face again!
    I think he just broke his ankle...done for the year.

Anfernee Simon is shooting Nurk's free throws.

Nurk had 32/16/5

I think he just broke his ankle...done for the year.
    Oh god, that was awful. Looked similar to Hayward. What a bummer.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2019),Revering4Blue (03-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?