Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019

Re: College Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Joe Burrow is currently -30000 to win the Heisman. Thus, for a mere $30,000 investment, you can win $100 if Burrow wins.
    Do you get your $30K back?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Curt did play QB at WVU though.
    yeah, I assume he arrived when his dad was coach, but I know he was on the roster the first year Nehlen was there. I heard him give an interview talking about the first game in the new stadium and John Denver being there, etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Joe Burrow is currently -30000 to win the Heisman. Thus, for a mere $30,000 investment, you can win $100 if Burrow wins.
    it is still an easy $100 guaranteed.

"So Fla Red"

Surprised to see Wisconsin is a 2.5pt favorite in the Rose Bowl vs. Oregon

Shame Memphis got the Brian Kelly treatment from their coach after a great year

Utah should have been in a Big 6 game. Penn State and Utah would have been a much better matchup

After reflecting on this, LSU and OSU so close on the #1 seed. I am biased but 10-0 in conference and closing with three double digit wins vs PSU, UM and Wisconsin (talk about a pain of a team to play twice). It usually doesn't make a difference but for this year facing 0-3 (CFP) Oklahoma vs. 5-2 (CFP) Clemson with the returning NC QB is a major benefit. Especially with the Championship Game in New Orleans.

THe Dec 28 scheduling for the semifinals is interesting. Kind of further takes the air out of the other Big 6 bowls

Too bad Joe Burrow wasn't good enough to beat out the inaccurate JT Barrett in 2016 and 2017...

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    This is the main reason I'm such a big fan of PJ Fleck. He hung in there with his undefeated Western Michigan Broncos through the Peach Bowl (I think it was). There was still a good opportunity for him afterwards.

I'm still all over Memphis +7 in that Cotton Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Surprised to see Wisconsin is a 2.5pt favorite in the Rose Bowl vs. Oregon

Utah should have been in a Big 6 game. Penn State and Utah would have been a much better matchup

After reflecting on this, LSU and OSU so close on the #1 seed. I am biased but 10-0 in conference and closing with three double digit wins vs PSU, UM and Wisconsin (talk about a pain of a team to play twice). It usually doesn't make a difference but for this year facing 0-3 (CFP) Oklahoma vs. 5-2 (CFP) Clemson with the returning NC QB is a major benefit. Especially with the Championship Game in New Orleans.

THe Dec 28 scheduling for the semifinals is interesting. Kind of further takes the air out of the other Big 6 bowls

Too bad Joe Burrow wasn't good enough to beat out the inaccurate JT Barrett in 2016 and 2017...
    On the scheduling, that is a weird date to have it. I know its a Saturday but its way before all the other bowls are done. They really should play the semi's after the "other" bowls are done. January 4th would have been the day to play these games this year, IMO.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'm looking forward to the Citrus Bowl this year, Alabama vs Mich is very intriguing. Can Harbaugh win that one? How will Alabama respond to not being in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Citrus Bowl this year, Alabama vs Mich is very intriguing. Can Harbaugh win that one? How will Alabama respond to not being in the playoffs?
    Considering both teams, especially Alabama, will have a significant amount of players sitting out for the draft, I don’t think it’ll have much significance except for the future of the programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

This is the main reason I'm such a big fan of PJ Fleck. He hung in there with his undefeated Western Michigan Broncos through the Peach Bowl (I think it was). There was still a good opportunity for him afterwards.

I'm still all over Memphis +7 in that Cotton Bowl.
    Sentimentality is a luxury rarely afforded in that business, unfortunately. I always liked it when a coach who was taking a new job stayed with his old team through the bowl, e.g. Scott Frost a couple of seasons ago, but it's going to be even more rare with the early signing period. Instead of two months to assemble a staff and recruit, now a coach has more like 2-3 weeks, and it's difficult if not impossible to do both jobs effectively in that compressed time period. Not to mention, his old school needs to get their new coach in ASAP for the same reasons.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Considering both teams, especially Alabama, will have a significant amount of players sitting out for the draft, I don’t think it’ll have much significance except for the future of the programs.
    Yes, even the big bowls have became pointless. FBS would be better off adopting a 32 team playoff.....incorporating your top 15ish bowls into the 2nd round and going forward and eliminating all other bowls. I know 32 is too many....but we have like 60-70 teams that go to bowls now so I am not sure how small you could make it to generate enough money. Or maybe do a 12 team P5 Playoff and a 12 team G5 Playoff. Something has to be done...the bowls are dead.

I can recall back in the early 90's, WVU would go to lower level bowls, but we always went. Bowls like the Carquest Bowl in Miami. I went back and looked at attendance, and we were putting 45-50K in Joe Robbie Stadium for that bowl. Today, the Carquest Bowl is actually the Camping World Bowl in Orlando....I was there last year for a WVU game, and there may have been 20K there.

Have players announced this? If so, I missed it

Not to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Not to my knowledge.
    I wonder where that comment came from, then. We'll see

More than likely it will probably happen. Always does in bowls that aren’t the playoff anymore.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

More than likely it will probably happen. Always does in bowls that aren’t the playoff anymore.
    My recollection is that very few sat out but as I said, we'll see

My recollection is that very few sat out but as I said, we'll see
    https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...gh/4377681002/

Turn Off Ads?