Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: College Football 2019

Not worth arguing with people who wont even listen to the other side without calling them haters or trolls. OSU has had a great season and for most of it have looked like the best team in the country, they didnt lose the #1 seed, LSU came and took it from them by the way they played down the stretch. I saw a stat last night that showed LSU is the 1st team since I think it was 1943 to beat 5 top 10 teams before a bowl game. And they havent just beat them, they have made them look bad here going down the stretch. I stated last night OSU deserves to be #1, but so did LSU in the end. It's a toss up. If you're going to be the National Champ, you have to beat the other "best" anyway! I'll be called a troll, but coming down the stretch I've been on the OSU bandwagon...OH WELL!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ohio State starts as a betting line underdog against Clemson. Clemson has been lights out lately, which most people really haven't noticed because their games aren't worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Wisconsin lost to Illinois.
    A bowl eligible team. South Carolina went 4-8.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Not worth arguing with people who wont even listen to the other side without calling them haters or trolls. OSU has had a great season and for most of it have looked like the best team in the country, they didnt lose the #1 seed, LSU came and took it from them by the way they played down the stretch. I saw a stat last night that showed LSU is the 1st team since I think it was 1943 to beat 5 top 10 teams before a bowl game. And they havent just beat them, they have made them look bad here going down the stretch. I stated last night OSU deserves to be #1, but so did LSU in the end. It's a toss up. If you're going to be the National Champ, you have to beat the other "best" anyway! I'll be called a troll, but coming down the stretch I've been on the OSU bandwagon...OH WELL!!!
    And that 5 top 10 teams “stat” is meaningless because one of those teams is Texas.

Meanwhile OSU beat three top 10 teams down the stretch, including their arch rival on the road by 30.

LSU beat one of the worst teams in the country, Arkansas, Unranked Texas A&M, and Georgia.

But whatevs, facts don’t matter.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-08-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (12-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    A bowl eligible team. South Carolina went 4-8.
    And Georgia lost at home in that game.

Still, neither team should have lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Remember when Steve Spurrier used to say you canít spell Citrus (or Outback) without UT?

Iím starting to think you canít spell Sugar without UGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-09-2019),Revering4Blue (12-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I said it in the OSU thread but the second half clinched the 1.

Yes. The only reason they donít is media narrative stuff about the SEC. The committee this year has seemed to care about that a lot less and care more about the numbers. Those favor OSU.
    It's like it never occured to Ohio State fans that they might not get the #1 seed. State with such confidence flatly "the second half clinched the 1"...The committee respects the SEC greatly and this showed that

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    yeah....TCU did absolutely nothing to deserve losing the #4 seed in 2014
    LOL. . . I still remember complaining about that. It wasn't made a big stink in the media because it's TCU. Had that been OSU or an SEC team, people would've been killed over it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They did get screwed.

There is absolutely no consistency to the CFP selections. OSU did absolutely nothing to deserve losing the 1 seed and is the best team in the country statistically across the board.

But letís be honest, youíre clearly biased so why even have a discussion on the matter.
    No one got screwed. The committee said that it was basically a coin flip between LSU and Ohio State. For Ohio State fans to think otherwise is off base. OSU was never a clear cut favorite for #1. It was a very close call that could go either way. It's not about "bias" as you put it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    You're not a troll. You speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's like it never occured to Ohio State fans that they might not get the #1 seed. State with such confidence flatly "the second half clinched the 1"...The committee respects the SEC greatly and this showed that
    I addressed it in the OSU thread. The committee is just the latest stupid system we have at figuring out who the best college team is. Not that it matters, but keeping Georgia at 5 is ridiculous and shows they are just making crap up with no real logic.

I think Oklahoma is a bad matchup for LSU and they have a punchers chance there, but I do hope they are waiting in New Orleans for OSU.

I addressed it in the OSU thread. The committee is just the latest stupid system we have at figuring out who the best college team is. Not that it matters, but keeping Georgia at 5 is ridiculous and shows they are just making crap up with no real logic.

I think Oklahoma is a bad matchup for LSU and they have a punchers chance there, but I do hope they are waiting in New Orleans for OSU.
    I think the committee did a very good job. I can see a case to be made for any of the top 3 to be #1. I think OSU and Clemson have the most overall talent.

As for OU I think they have a puncher's chance vs anyone

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Woohoo! RedHawks win the MAC!
    You gonna stay drunk for a week? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

15. Likes:

redhawkfish (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think there was a good argument for both sides, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    LSU versus Ohio State is a coin flip as to who is deserving of the #1 seed and has been that way for weeks. Both teams have really strong resumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    But I agree with the take that the two are close enough as to make it a coin flip.
    IMO, they're that close, as far as an overall assessment. And that's the way it should be shouldn't it, when comparing #1 to #2? There's never any huge "gap" there. Just enough for the respective fans to quibble over as if it's somehow a personal affront to them (LOL).

The Bucks are in. That's all that matters to me. I'm glad we're facing Clemson. If we're that damn good then lets start that train a rollin' by FIRST getting a monkey off our back from the last time we played Clemson. As a Buckeye fan, lets quit worrying, whining, about LSU and the seeding, and focus on Clemson. IMO, beating Clemson is the true test for OSU. If OSU clears that hurdle then, yes, IMO, they can beat LSU.

Lets face it. Is there anyone in this discussion that would not like to see a LSU-Ohio State NC game? Think of the story and headline behind that involving Burrow's rise. ESPN will have a field day on how this kid, not able to win the starting QB job at OSU, transfers to LSU, and will now not only face his old team for all the marbles, but the QB (Fields) whom Ohio State chose over him to lead them to a championship. I guess OSU couldn't have went wrong either way huh? LOL

But you don't think that isn't a motivation to Burrow's (if it occurs)? He'll be out there playing for a championship for LSU ... but also to let OSU know they chose the wrong guy. Just my take

I think it would be a great game too. Two offenses that put up 500+ yds/G. 80-90 points scored total? Defensive coordinators won't sleep the night before that game. IMO, national championship games is where defenses find out they really aren't that good (LOL).

Two high-powered offenses led by Heisman candidate QBs. LSU's offense relies on Burrows arm far more then OSU does Field's. OSU passes, but they are not a passing team IMO. OSU's "bread n butter" on offense is still the running game. LSU, on the other hand, can run the ball behind Edwards-Helaire (1200+ yds), but it's all about Burrows. It would still come down to a game of OSU defense vs Burrow's arm - and- LSU's defense vs OSU's run game. Which team is going to control that line-of-scrimmage? And I give OSU the edge in that area.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

IMO LSU is trending a little more up than Ohio State at the end of the season. They looked better in their conference title game and that's the reason they got the one seed. But there's not much more than a sliver of difference in them. At least all of these teams get to prove who's best by playing each other in a playoff. It could be Ohio State would be off to the Rose to play Oregon;LSU to the Sugar to play Baylor and Clemson and Oklahoma would face off in the Orange Bowl. Then we would have to wait on a bunch of half drunk sports writers to pick who the champion would be from those trifecta of games. Be glad the NCAA finally wised up and now has a playoff.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-09-2019),Revering4Blue (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    IMO LSU is trending a little more up than Ohio State at the end of the season.
    Ohio State just finished the season with 3 straight wins against top 10 opponents. I'd say that's a strong upward trend.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Ohio State just finished the season with 3 straight wins against top 10 opponents. I'd say that's a strong upward trend.
    All 3 teams can say that they finished on an upward trend.

Turn Off Ads?