1 2.50%
  • Josh Van Meter

5 12.50%
  • Other

1 2.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Reds #25 Prospect?

Re: Who is Reds #25 Prospect?

I don't think it's unreasonable to have Joe on this list.

It is hard to decide where to rank him, but isn't that part of the fun with these threads?
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-11-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I've been voting Van Meter over Joe because of VM's versatility but Joe did play more outfield than 1b as recently as 2017. Looks like his bat may very well play but his lack of versatility really hurts him. With Winker in one corner and Joe in the other, we may have to get Billy back to play center. Maybe the thinking is that Joe can get some time as a DH by 2020.

I like Van Meter as well. He's played OF. Wonder if he could play CF (he didn't play there)? If he could back-up at the three up the middle spots, that would be just what they need. Seems to be mostly a 2B and LF. Hitting LH doesn't allow him to fit well with Gennett and Winker.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Hopefully, Joe rakes in Spring Training. Having too many bats is never a problem.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-11-2019)

I think Joe qualifies as a prospect just like any 40-man guy without options remaining would, but instead of getting DFAed he gets returned to another club, which is effectively the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-11-2019),mth123 (02-11-2019)

Some players that could be added soon:

Alexis Diaz, Jared Solomon, Nick Hanson, Ryan Lillie, Allan Cerda, Cory Thompson, Connor Bennett, Miguel Medrano, Isaiah White.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I flipped my vote from Beltre to Joe when I figured out that Joe was eligible. He has already reinvented himself as a hitter, and is right on the cusp of contributing at the league level. I know he does not have Beltre's defensive chops, but Joe's bat outweighs Beltre's potential in my mind.

Turn Off Ads?