Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Storage

Re: Photo Storage

I get security concerns, and they are 100% valid, but it's made managing my life so much easier to be able to pull up a document I need from Dropbox, from anywhere. It's a trade off.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Likes:

UKFlounder (02-14-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I get security concerns, and they are 100% valid, but it's made managing my life so much easier to be able to pull up a document I need from Dropbox, from anywhere. It's a trade off.
    And that's what I am trying to get more to. I've always been a very well organized person when it came to filing/tracking the household "paperwork" of any type. I probably would have made a darn good secretary (LOL). I like everything in it's place. But on the computer, getting various documents where they need to be, files organized better, that is where I am lacking.

And then there is this picture thing. But these are retirement projects that I am actually enjoying getting involved in.

On a different note .... Many years ago I transferred My Dad's family home movies (taken with a Kodak Brownie 8MM) onto VHS, and then to a DVD. Is there some place I can take, send a copy, of that DVD to enhance/improve the quality if possible.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I just don't like the idea of storing important documents on these "Clouds". Ain't happenin. That's the primary reason I got the external HD.

GAC's recent appearance on Jeopardy.

https://youtu.be/O7VaXlMvAvk
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

7. Likes:

Chip R (02-26-2019),TRF (02-26-2019)

You can use the cloud to store stuff securely if you do a couple of things:

1. If you just want to stop normal people from snooping around, archive your photos and docs in rar archives and give them a strong password. Yeah, rar passwords can be cracked via brute force, but unless you are rich, famous, or are storing nude pics of your super hot wife, no one will bother. But hey, even Justin Verlander didn’t care.

2. If you fit into one of those categories, there are encryption programs that can protect your data. They work something like password management software, and unless you really have something to hide and the FBI gets involved, you are safe.

Unfortunately for all of those who are concerned about cloud storage and data security, there is no way around the fact that critical parts of your data are stored in "the cloud" anyway. And more than likely on a server managed by Amazon Web Services.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?