Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alliance of American Football

Alliance of American Football

https://youtu.be/gySt_KwRnzI

Roger Goodell would have sent that guy to the electric chair for a hit like that.

It’s nice to see non rigged real football but with hits like that you wonder how long it will last with CTE being a factor. I’m sure the XFL will be the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Alliance of American Football

That hit... Man that QB got left out to dry by his running back. I think Clay Matthews just got another fine for that hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

what channel(s) are these games on? Not seeing it on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    what channel(s) are these games on? Not seeing it on their website.
    Last night's game was on CBS. I believe I read where the NFL Network will also be airing some games.

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-10-2019)

I watched Orlando versus Atlanta. They showed clips from San Diego v San Antonio. Uniforms were nice for Orlando, San Antonio and SD, and just crap for Atlanta. The most fascinating thing was watching and hearing the replay official making the replay decision. You can see the angles she was watching.

On the other hand, she blew 2 of them, and the last one (interception with a few seconds left) was mind boggling. There were about 3 different angles that showed without a shadow of a doubt that the ball was caught and never hit the ground. And you could hear her saying "Ball never hits the ground..". And then all of a sudden it's like someone is saying "H"' like camera angle "H" shows it, and she changes the call to saying it hit the ground. And there was nothing in the shot she was watching to show the ball hitting the ground.

The announcers were saying "You don't have to agree with the call to enjoy seeing the decision making". Because it was so obviously wrong.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    https://youtu.be/gySt_KwRnzI

Roger Goodell would have sent that guy to the electric chair for a hit like that.

It’s nice to see non rigged real football but with hits like that you wonder how long it will last with CTE being a factor. I’m sure the XFL will be the same way.
    I like how the announcers say he was blindsided. When it came from his non-blind side.

We'll see where this league goes. Their model of showing it on CBS primetime with a minimal amount of commercials is not sustainable. I liked the pace of the game but the actual athleticism was inferior to what you'd see in a major college football game like Clemson vs Alabama. It's completely out of the question to even compare it to an NFL game.

The game I saw had Bengal reject Logan Woodside QBing. He couldn't even be a backup at most major college schools like Alabama or Ohio State.

Entertaining games so far.

TV schedule
    https://athlonsports.com/aaf/aaf-sea...-football-2019
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Last night's game was on CBS. I believe I read where the NFL Network will also be airing some games.
    Yes it is mainy going to be a combination of CBS Sports Network, NFL Network and TNT carrying these games

The no kickoffs thing is still a little weird, but I love the 2 point conversion after every TD

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The no kickoffs thing is still a little weird, but I love the 2 point conversion after every TD
    I had the opposite reaction, I thought skipping the kickoffs made the pace of the game much smoother. Didn't miss them at all. The required 2 point conversion just seems odd - would almost rather give 7 for the td and then an option for a 2 pt conversion on top of that.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

This is a great way to pass the weekends in Feb and March. Love the pace of the game and the required 2 point attempts.

My local team needs to find an OL. And a QB. If we have decent weather for any of the home games I’m sure I’ll be able to find some buddies to take in a game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    The required 2 point conversion just seems odd - would almost rather give 7 for the td and then an option for a 2 pt conversion on top of that.
    I agree with this, it's fine for a league nobody really cares about, but it's too much weight on a handful of short yardage plays.

An interesting thing would be a rule like this in the hands of quants - I feel like it would be gameable and would produce some weird offensive strategies.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I watched a few minutes, but my main takeaway was that i’m Ready for a break from football. I know that is more on me than the league, but I just did not care to watch much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m sure the XFL will be the same way.
    Speaking of the XFL, I'm calling it now: at the end of the 2020 season, Vince goes into full wrestling mode and challenges the AAF champion to face off against the XFL champion!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Turn Off Ads?