Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alliance of American Football

Re: Alliance of American Football

According to an article at NCAA.com, there were 325 players from outside the Power 5 on opening day NFL rosters this year. Even if you take out independents (because a majority are probably Notre Dame), that still leaves close to 300 non-P5 players. Now, if the AAF has more G5 players than P5 players, then that's likely a problem. I suspect that is not the case, though.

American 100
    Mountain West 63
    C-USA 63
    Independent 40
    MAC 39
    Sun Belt 20

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Obviously it’s better at P5. But, I’m talking about individual talent, not teams.

Khalil Mack will never amount to anything. The talent level at Buffalo is inferior.
    Then I don't know what we're arguing about. I said that Woodside is a guy who likely couldn't start for a Power 5 team (in many cases couldn't even be a backup). Yet he's starting in this league. That doesn't say much for the talent in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Then I don't know what we're arguing about. I said that Woodside is a guy who likely couldn't start for a Power 5 team (in many cases couldn't even be a backup). Yet he's starting in this league. That doesn't say much for the talent in this league.
    If the guy got drafted, I'm pretty certain there were some P5 teams he could have started for.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Why is this relevant? There are MAC players all over the NFL. And FBS players. And Conference USA players. He Hate Me was a an XFL sensation back in the day from Western Kentucky. You know where he went after the league folded? The NFL.
    I already explained this counselor. I think the talent level is generally better in the Power 5. In general I don't think Woodside could start in the Power 5. I think Khalil Mack could start and excel in the Power 5

Of course the talent level is generally better in the P5, but you're making literally zero sense. You think Woodside is bad, but he was drafted by an NFL team. I guess it helps your argument that that NFL team was the Bengals, though.

If the guy got drafted, I'm pretty certain there were some P5 teams he could have started for.
    And that'd prove what? I'm saying that his talent level is below that of the NFL and below that of major college football. Do you disagree?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the talent level is generally better in the P5, but you're making literally zero sense. You think Woodside is bad, but he was drafted by an NFL team. I guess it helps your argument that that NFL team was the Bengals, though.
    Indeed. All that means is that the Bengals screwed up by taking a flier on him

And that'd prove what? I'm saying that his talent level is below that of the NFL and below that of major college football. Do you disagree?
    Of course the talent level is less than that of the NFL. No, I don't think his talent level is below that of major college football, or he wouldn't have been in an NFL training camp.

According to an article at NCAA.com, there were 325 players from outside the Power 5 on opening day NFL rosters this year. Even if you take out independents (because a majority are probably Notre Dame), that still leaves close to 300 non-P5 players. Now, if the AAF has more G5 players than P5 players, then that's likely a problem. I suspect that is not the case, though.

American 100
    Mountain West 63
    C-USA 63
    Independent 40
    MAC 39
    Sun Belt 20
    And you're using this to argue that Logan Woodside is talented? Case dismissed counselor.

And you're using this to argue that Logan Woodside is talented? Case dismissed counselor.
    Uh, I'm using this to prove that there are a lot of talented players outside of P5 football who make it in the NFL. Who knows about Woodside, but the fact he played at Toledo is irrelevant.

Of course the talent level is less than that of the NFL. No, I don't think his talent level is below that of major college football, or he wouldn't have been in an NFL training camp.
    I suggest you watch more football then, He's not very talented. Your basing his talent on the Bengals drafting him late is pretty lacking

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, I'm using this to prove that there are a lot of talented players outside of P5 football who make it in the NFL. Who knows about Woodside, but the fact he played at Toledo is irrelevant.
    It's part of the story with Woodside. Perhaps he was missed by the major schools but I don't think so. I'm also basing this on seeing him play at Toledo and with the Bengals in preseason

I'll have to start subscribing to the SeaRay scouting service.

I'll have to start subscribing to the SeaRay scouting service.
    How talented do you think he is? What does your scouting service say?

How talented do you think he is? What does your scouting service say?
    I have no idea, but I think you're pretty strangely obsessed with this guy.

I have no idea, but I think you're pretty strangely obsessed with this guy.
    I've been strangely questioned and in your case by someone who doesn't know about the player. In RTG's case, he's a Toledo guy.

If you don't like my assessment of Woodside, fine. Let's look at another UT guy, Univ of Tenn, Matt Simms. He was a bad college QB albeit for a P5 team.

My point is that this league is below the level of major college football. If your eye test says differently then let's hear your take

I've been strangely questioned and in your case by someone who doesn't know about the player. In RTG's case, he's a Toledo guy.

If you don't like my assessment of Woodside, fine. Let's look at another UT guy, Univ of Tenn, Matt Simms. He was a bad college QB albeit for a P5 team.

My point is that this league is below the level of major college football. If your eye test says differently then let's hear your take
    The overall talent level of G5 conferences doesn’t matter with regard to individual talent.

The best WR in the NFL over the past 5 years is a MAC player.

Perhaps the best defensive player in the NFL is a MAC player.

These are INDIVIDUAL talents.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?