Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds sign Cuban infielder?

Reds sign Cuban infielder?

Apparently the reds will be signing Michel Triana.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrancysRo...44117755506688

2. Likes:

Benihana (02-16-2019),DocRed (02-17-2019),Gallen5862 (02-17-2019),marcshoe (02-16-2019),RedlegJake (02-17-2019),RiverRat13 (02-17-2019),Tom Servo (02-16-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds sign Cuban infielder?

I like this!

Finally out of the penalty box after that God-awful Rodriguez signing! Hopefully we can put up a couple of other big name international guys as well.
    Go BLUE!!!

5. Likes:

kaldaniels (02-16-2019)

Nice catch! Romero certainly seems like a legitimate source to me.

According to this article, Triana left Cuba this last August. He had an .890 OPS in 8 games in the Cuban National Series for the 2017-2018 season. This article, dated today, notes that Houston and Cincinnati were heavily pursuing him. Guessing we probably won't hear anything officially until the summer.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Translated recent article on the kid.

Michel Triana | Photo © Michel Triana Moret/FacebookMichel Triana Moret/Facebook
    The prospect Michel Triana is the star in everyone's sights

Sport
    Francys Romero 8 hours ago

United States
    191 shares-1 Comments

Posted on Saturday, 16 February, 2019 - 10:21 (GMT-5)

Michel Triana is a slim hitter of 1.90 and 98 kilograms who emigrated from Cuba in mid-2018 to arrive in the Major Leagues in the near future. Born in the town of Cifuentes, Villa Clara, 265 kilometers from the capital, Triana is being observed by many scouts and MLB teams in the Dominican Republic.

"Houston and Cincinnati are the most interested," a source told CiberCuba that did not want to reveal their identity.

Right now in Quisqueya there may not be a talent like Triana, who at the age of 19 will sign without a doubt in the next period of July 2.

"My main element has always been the batting, but after arriving here I have greatly improved my strength, (in Cuba) I was not characterized by giving many home runs and I have also improved my speed," said the super prospect exclusively to Cybercuba Sports.

You went out looking for MLB's dream. How did you feel the day you had to leave your family behind? asked in the middle of our conversation:

"That was very hard because from Cuba you went out to play abroad, but I knew that you would come back in two weeks or three and you could be with your family back," explains who dominates the third base, the shortstop and the initial.

"These are decisions one must make to achieve a dream. In life and sport, a great sacrifice must be made and many things put aside," says Triana.

The power and maturity on the plate place him as the most advanced batter for the next signature cycle. It is very likely that there is no talent like Michel either inside or outside Cuba right now. The slugger estimates that his life as a sportsman has changed. In Cuba, training was held on the basis of a championship. In Dominican they prepare to sign a contract.

You don't play so often and you look more for specialization in technique and movements.

"I have adapted well and the changes are being noticed," she confesses.

Triana came from Cuba months before completion of the agreement Cuba-MLB last December. If he had been on the island, he believes he would not have emigrated and thus would not have sacrificed the remoteness of his loved ones.

However, he no longer looks back. It is time for the warrior to prepare the war and then find peace. The first dream of signing a contract is close to being your first battle accomplished. The rest is as follows. One dream drives the other.

Do you have anything to report? Send it to CiberCuba:
    editores@cibercuba.com
    +34-962-353-194

Cuban baseball players big leagues (MLB)Cuban prospectuses
    Comment
    Next article:
    Lourdes Gurriel Jr. / Photo © Toronto tiles / Twitter
    Projecting a ... Lourdes Gurriel Jr.

Sport
    Francys Romero 9 hours ago

United States

Posted on Saturday, 16 February, 2019 - 09:37 (GMT-5)

The story of the debut of Lourdes Gurriel Jr. mlb is pursuing many of the newbies. Do it at Yankee Stadium, hitting two unstoppable, doing a multi-hit streak that is franchise record and hitting two home runs in a game alongside his brother Yulieski.

Lourdes Jr. it is part of a brilliant generation of talents that seeks to bring back the glory of the past to the Toronto Blue Jays.

Loading video

The spiritualist put offensive line on .281/.309/.446, eight doubles, 11 home runs and 35 RBIs in 2018. However, it has not yet been established in the majors. That will be your battle for 2019.

Some projection houses like Steamer see him hitting many extra bars (22 doubles, a triple and 16 home runs).266 average but with 98 strikeouts and only 19 tickets, which was the weakness of the younger Gurriels.

Loading video

That should be your first strategy to achieve a quality leap. The talent, the swing and the rapidity of your Bat are already in the MLB stratum. Your home discipline needs to improve on the level of bagging beyond your bat.

Baseball Reference.com he estimates Gurriel Jr. it will connect only 12 home runs and have 322 assists on the plate. In my opinion, "Yunito" will surpass the 20 bambinazos and cut its frequency of stripping, will follow its progress to the offensive and to the defense, its weakest side, will contribute more in the second base than in the shortstop.

Do you have anything to report? Send it to CiberCuba:
    editores@cibercuba.com
    +34-962-353-194

Loading ...
    Lourdes Gurriel Jr.Toronto Blue JaysPeloteros cubanos en Grandes LigasGrandes Garderas (MLB)Cubanos en Mlbésbéisbolbébébol cubano
    Comment
    More on this topic
    Projecting a ... Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
    Yoenis Céspedes plans to return at some point in 2019
    Cuban Adonis Garcia will play for the Red Devils in the Mexican Baseball League
    The Dodgers 'manager says it will" be a quieter field " without Cuban Yasiel Puig
    The Gurriel brothers change agency and join Marc Anthony's Magnus Sport
    The Dodgers 'manager says it will" be a quieter field " without Cuban Yasiel Puig
    Cuba crushes pitchers League stars Salvadorian Baseball
    The advice to Yasiel Puig of the Cincinnati Reds: "don't be shy if you're new to the city"
    Havana tribute club 2019, "Cuba's most aromatic rum", according to expert
    See more

Subscribe to CiberCuba
    You may be interested:
    Help
    Contact
    Privacy
    Who are we?
    Collaborate with CiberCuba
    Advertising in CiberCuba
    Sections
    Present
    Entertainment
    Sport
    time
    Kitchen
    Verandah
    Tourism
    Health
    Culture
    Loose change
    Change of CUC to USD
    Change of CUC to EUR
    Change of CUC to CUP
    Change of CUC to BTC
    Change of CUC to GBP
    Back links
    CiberCuba in Messenger
    Subscribe to the Cybercuba newsletter
    Download our App
    IslaSi - Real Estate Portal of Cuba
    © 2019 Quay Media Group SL

He's played SS, 3B, and 1B for the U18 Cuban team.

The Reds and Houston were the last two vying for his services according to the linked article. He's known for his patience at the plate. Didn't hit very well in limited ABs playing 1B for Cuba in the 2017 U18 WBC.

Hope he sticks with us.....I know we lost one kid.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

98kg isn't slim. That's over 215 lbs. And he's 6'3" tall? Big boy. And still growing.
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 02-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Don't know anything about him, but this is great news nonetheless. I was looking for a sign that the Reds were preparing to come out of the penalty box swinging. This is it. Reds are addressing their two main organizational shortcomings, developing pitchers and signing top international talent.

Can't become official till July 2nd, so this is not a definite.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Hmm. Steamy projects a high strikeout to ticket ratio. Concerning.

He does appear to have high potential for many bambinazos, and if he controls that high stripping frequency could be a real asset at 2B/SS, which ever is the lesser side.

I hope this warrior prepares his war and then finds peace.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    98kg isn't slim. That's over 215 lbs. And he's 6'3" tall? Big boy. And still growing.
    I wonder where he projects at the major league level. He'll most certainly be too big for a middle INF spot

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I wonder where he projects at the major league level. He'll most certainly be too big for a middle INF spot
    Corey Seager is what? 6'3"?

I think the size thing is overplayed.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Corey Seager is what? 6'3"?

I think the size thing is overplayed.
    Carlos Correa is 6'4" and Tatis Jr. is 6'3"
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Lets just hope he's not another Juan Duran and goes from 6'3 to 6'7 with no idea how to use his body

18. Likes:

Spanky (02-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Lets just hope he's not another Juan Duran and goes from 6'3 to 6'7 with no idea how to use his body
    He's 19, most people are done growing by then. but hey maybe he's a freak of nature
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Turn Off Ads?