Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I also think they want to keep the 3ER stuff for a spin off, but I totally agree D&D didn’t want to touch it.

I think he will have something to do in the finale though.
    Warging into Rhaegal?
    ď[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Warging into Rhaegal?
    Rhaegal's at the bottom of Blackwater Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Rhaegal's at the bottom of Blackwater Bay
    He is now, but. . .

there's a theory that Bran can resurrect him. Has something to do with where he warged to during the episode 3 battle.
    ď[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Questions I am disappointed haven't been answered (but maybe I missed something):
    - What was with the blue eyed Craster babies? They weren't technically raised from the dead, so did they survive the NK death? If so, who is raising them? Or did they insta-grow into those NK henchmen?
    - What happened to Uncle Benjen? Did he finally die (all the way) fighting to save John? If not what happened to him? Once the wall came down he could have crossed.
    - Why are the NK and Three-eyed Raven mortal enemies? How did the original Three-Eyed Raven even come to be? Apparently he served and was protected by the Children of the Forest, but to what end?
    - Are there any Children of the Forest left?
    - Was the NK a Targaryen? He could ride a dragon, was impervious to fire and the message he left using Ned Umber looked a lot like the Targaryen sigil. But the timeline seems off for a Targaryen to have been the original NK.

One twist I consider (though I've been pretty wrong about everything up to this point):

Just like Bran played a part in Hodor's back story, I always thought he (or another three-eyed raven) played a part in the Mad King's madness. Perhaps also in Dany's attack on Kings Landing. Maybe it turns out that the three-eyed raven is the real villain. If he works for the Children of the Forest, the the destruction of men/women of Westeros might be the end goal. If Bran's story is completed, then it was disappointingly under-developed in my opinion.
    https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wik...r%27s_last_son

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Benjen_Stark

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Night_King

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Three-Eyed_Raven

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wik..._of_the_Forest

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/House_Targaryen

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

The discussion/catfight here is almost as good as the show.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-15-2019),savafan (05-15-2019)

One point that a lot of people are missing regarding the timeline. D & D and the cast are real people with real lives outside of GOT. These real live people have dedicated a decade to the series. Many, if not all, are ready to move on into the next phase of their lives. Iím sure at some point they all came together and said hereís how much time were willing to dedicate to getting to the end of this series. At that point, theyíve got to get on with it. Spend three episodes deepening Danyís decent into madness? Nope, Emilia is only available for three months next year. Kit Harrington isnít available for one of them. Lena Headley has a thing that will keep her away for 6 weeks during that stretch too. And so on, and so on.

Ending prediction from me. Dany sentences Tyrion and Jon to die for treason. BOTH emerge from the flames. (Aegon was hot for Tywinís wife). Bran confirms that Tyrion is indeed a Targaryen bastard. Jon and Tyrion defeat Dany. Jon (much like Aemon) walks away from it all leaving Tyrion to rule with Sansa as the warden of the north. Final scene is Jon petting Ghost north of the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes:

Redsfaithful (05-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler View Post
    One point that a lot of people are missing regarding the timeline. D & D and the cast are real people with real lives outside of GOT. These real live people have dedicated a decade to the series. Many, if not all, are ready to move on into the next phase of their lives. I’m sure at some point they all came together and said here’s how much time were willing to dedicate to getting to the end of this series. At that point, they’ve got to get on with it. Spend three episodes deepening Dany’s decent into madness? Nope, Emilia is only available for three months next year. Kit Harrington isn’t available for one of them. Lena Headley has a thing that will keep her away for 6 weeks during that stretch too. And so on, and so on.

Ending prediction from me. Dany sentences Tyrion and Jon to die for treason. BOTH emerge from the flames. (Aegon was hot for Tywin’s wife). Bran confirms that Tyrion is indeed a Targaryen bastard. Jon and Tyrion defeat Dany. Jon (much like Aemon) walks away from it all leaving Tyrion to rule with Sansa as the warden of the north. Final scene is Jon petting Ghost north of the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephen King predicted Tyrion as the leader at the end

King Stephen
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

They call me "chef"

Lmao. I’ve sort of been defending the show and enjoying it but that last episode was wild in how matter of fact and sort of random the last half was. Stuff...happened? Then it ended. Lol.

13. Likes:

dabvu2498 (05-19-2019),marcshoe (05-19-2019)

I think that was the point where someone said, "Hey, guys, George told us how this thing ended, and we haven't really set it up yet. . . . "

15. Likes:

757690 (05-21-2019),dabvu2498 (05-19-2019),RiverRat13 (05-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Lmao. I’ve sort of been defending the show and enjoying it but that last episode was wild in how matter of fact and sort of random the last half was. Stuff...happened? Then it ended. Lol.
    Meanwhile they spent the first 15 minutes of the episode following Tyrion around to find something he already knew had happened.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Meanwhile they spent the first 15 minutes of the episode following Tyrion around to find something he already knew had happened.
    That was bad.

The brief glimpse of Nazi King’s Landing was kind of awesome. Very bleak and terrifying, IMO. Drogon somehow knowing the significance of the iron throne and burning it was a leap but I allowed it for the cool visual of a dragon destroying their precious. Everything after Danys stab felt like a coin toss of theoretically logical events. If it had followed a better conclusion, Jon walking away to live off the grid with the wildlings at the end would have hit much harder as a final image.

Arya starring in 2021 in "West of the West" Where the Maps all End

19. Likes:

Redsfaithful (05-20-2019)

They call me "chef"

I’ll also add that it was a dumb final stretch of the journey to get there but having essentially every kingdom ruled by a Stark is kinda cool.

Turn Off Ads?