Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

Well...IF the St Louis Cardinals play like the St Louis Cardinals team (Now the Arizona Cardinals) you won't hear me complain one it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Goldschmidt will be fine. He's 31 and in the MVP race almost every year.

4. Likes:

mth123 (06-25-2019)

Who cares if he will be fine. Assuming he will just because. If anything we hope he isn’t. Screw every team in Central not naked Cincinnati Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Goldschmidt will be fine. He's 31 and in the MVP race almost every year.
    You usually don't get better once you hit 30 and he very well may have hit that wall already. And he'll be 32 before the season is over. He's hit several career lows this year statistically as well, BA, OBP, SLG, SO%, SO/BB...not a good sign IMO. And as much criticism (myself included) that Votto has gotten this year, he may actually end up with a higher OPS this year. In fact, I think he will.

He doesn’t need to get better. Even 90% of his normal is all-star caliber.

Do you think Goldschmidt is an All-Star this year?
    Crazy Reds Fan

9. Likes:

DocRed (06-25-2019)

Always good when your rival shoots themselves in the foot. His new deal doesn't even start till next year, when he'll be 32 to start the season, and it'll cost them 26 million a year for 5 years. The deal for Mikolas isn't looking so good. 17m a year for 4 year starting next year for a guy who's putting up average numbers.

But they have a lot of cheap talent for next 3 years or so. They need to make some more mistakes.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

He certainly needs to get better than he's been this year. He's been terrible. Right now he's about 50% of his normal self.

12. Likes:

DocRed (06-25-2019)

He has zero zip zilch chance at being an all-star this year. He is ranked 17th for NL firstbasmen in OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    You usually don't get better once you hit 30 and he very well may have hit that wall already. And he'll be 32 before the season is over. He's hit several career lows this year statistically as well, BA, OBP, SLG, SO%, SO/BB...not a good sign IMO. And as much criticism (myself included) that Votto has gotten this year, he may actually end up with a higher OPS this year. In fact, I think he will.
    I'll take that one further and admittedly this is speculation, not fact based. It's possible that with all the hard throwers today that hitters "will age" more quickly than they historically have. Perhaps bat speed is the first hitting skill to decline. Even Bryce Harper is having issues with getting his bat around on these fastballs:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ouble-fastball

If I'm correct here, then it'll help the small market clubs cause it'll put a premium on younger hitters and younger hitters are cheaper hitters

15. Likes:

757690 (06-25-2019)

What big idiots the Cardinals are.
    Man you guys continue to wow me with your baseball intellect

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Except when they're winning all the time.. Then they're pretty good. Given the odds I'd take my chances on their organization over ours most seasons except for back in the mid 70s..
    Hate them but dang they know how to win games.

Goldschmidt's OPS was under .800 around this time last month when the Reds collapse began and the Cardinals rise began so he's been a big part of their surge. Still I think he and Arenado have let down their fans some, they expected the .900+ OPS players they were out West and were paid as such, but Tyler O'Neill is the one who is hitting like that.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-22-2021),Ron Madden (09-20-2021),westofyou (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Goldschmidt's OPS was under .800 around this time last month when the Reds collapse began and the Cardinals rise began so he's been a big part of their surge. Still I think he and Arenado have let down their fans some, they expected the .900+ OPS players they were out West and were paid as such, but Tyler O'Neill is the one who is hitting like that.
    Goldy is having a great month, O'Neil too, Wainwright is as well.

That's why they are surging, meanwhile Winker is on the DL, Votto is being more or less pitched around and the Reds aren't scoring.

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Goldy is having a great month, O'Neil too, Wainwright is as well.

That's why they are surging, meanwhile Winker is on the DL, Votto is being more or less pitched around and the Reds aren't scoring.

Yep, coming through in the clutch. Fans want to see wins and don’t cheer for a players ops.

Turn Off Ads?