Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 100

Thread: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati/Athens
    Posts
    692

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAce View Post
    3 Hrs in game 2 for cards

    Goldy is a top 10 offensive player, and will be for a few more years

    The cards are such a better baseball company than we are
    Yep, the Reds should have traded for Goldschmidt and put Votto on the bench
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    11,991

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Yep, the Reds should have traded for Goldschmidt and put Votto on the bench
    It’s almost as if he’s just trolling
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  4. #18
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    23,535

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Yet such a better baseball company hasnt made the playoffs in 3 years.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Which happenes to be the first three season after they were caught cheating. But Im sure its just a coincidence.
    Were going to get the pitching. -Bob Castellini
    You got the pitching, now what? - Reds fans

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    21

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Yep, the Reds should have traded for Goldschmidt and put Votto on the bench
    Who said that? Weird comment

  6. #20
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,777

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAce View Post
    Who said that? Weird comment
    What were you saying then? Things can be inferred from comments. You mentioned Goldschmidt and then said the Cards are a better organization than the Reds. Having the take away that the Reds should have traded for him isn’t too crazy. But if that wasn’t your point please clarify.

  7. #21
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    This board calling this guy a troll is just going too far. The Cards saw a huge weakness and addressed it with the best player on the market (that includes Machado and Harper). We can use our red colored glasses and be nasty if we wish, but had the Reds done something similar in regard to it's biggest weakness, they'd be a serious contender now. Thankfully, the Reds did address their biggest need, but they didn't go after the high end caliber player needed to really go for it. That seems to be the difference being pointed out. Last year he Brewers went out and got Yelich and Cain, then they won. This year, whether you like it or not, the Cardinals are the most improved team in the division, simply because they aimed the highest. I think that's all that is being pointed out here.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  8. Likes:

    Number_Fourteen (03-30-2019),Revering4Blue (03-30-2019),texasdave (03-30-2019),wlf WV (03-31-2019)

  9. #22
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    11,991

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    This board calling this guy a troll is just going too far. The Cards saw a huge weakness and addressed it with the best player on the market (that includes Machado and Harper). We can use our red colored glasses and be nasty if we wish, but had the Reds done something similar in regard to it's biggest weakness, they'd be a serious contender now. Thankfully, the Reds did address their biggest need, but they didn't go after the high end caliber player needed to really go for it. That seems to be the difference being pointed out. Last year he Brewers went out and got Yelich and Cain, then they won. This year, whether you like it or not, the Cardinals are the most improved team in the division, simply because they aimed the highest. I think that's all that is being pointed out here.
    Go back and check out his post history. Every post is ripping on reds fans, this board, or the reds in general.

    But sure, calling him a troll is just too far.

    It’s clearly Bresser
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-30-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  10. Likes:

    marcshoe (03-30-2019)

  11. #23
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,963

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Go back and check out his post history. Every post is ripping on reds fans, this board, or the reds in general.

    But sure, calling him a troll is just too far.
    Personally, I think calling somebody a Troll in the middle of a thread is the wrong way to behave even if it's true. In this thread, all he posted was that the Cardinals signing Goldschmidt seems to make them a better organization than the Reds are. Looking over the last couple of decades, I don't see how anyone can dispute that. Sorry, I've been a Reds fan probably twice as long as you've been alive and it pains me to see them be such an also ran, but it doesn't make it any less true.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  12. Likes:

    Sea Ray (03-31-2019),wlf WV (03-31-2019)

  13. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    21

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    What were you saying then? Things can be inferred from comments. You mentioned Goldschmidt and then said the Cards are a better organization than the Reds. Having the take away that the Reds should have traded for him isnt too crazy. But if that wasnt your point please clarify.
    I think the Cardinals saw an opporunity to trade for the Best available bat in baseball, and they did not have to give up a ton to acquire.

    I think they then intelligently extended him to a very fair contract, making him the conerstone of their offense for 5 more years

    He is 4 full years younger than Votto, and by the time he is vottos current age, he will be on his way out of STL in a year or so.

    I think with Ozuna, Carp and the rest of their players, they have a great offense that checks all the boxes.

    Shoot me. Call me a troll. Say im brester (What the hell?) I dont care

  14. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    21

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Go back and check out his post history. Every post is ripping on reds fans, this board, or the reds in general.

    But sure, calling him a troll is just too far.

    It’s clearly Bresser
    You are very protective of the Reds.

  15. #26
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    11,991

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAce View Post
    You are very protective of the Reds.
    Not really, especially recently.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (03-30-2019),Tom Servo (03-30-2019)

  17. #27
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,777

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAce View Post
    I think the Cardinals saw an opporunity to trade for the Best available bat in baseball, and they did not have to give up a ton to acquire.

    I think they then intelligently extended him to a very fair contract, making him the conerstone of their offense for 5 more years

    He is 4 full years younger than Votto, and by the time he is vottos current age, he will be on his way out of STL in a year or so.

    I think with Ozuna, Carp and the rest of their players, they have a great offense that checks all the boxes.

    Shoot me. Call me a troll. Say im brester (What the hell?) I dont care
    I didn’t call you any any of those things. I just asked to clarify the point because I thought it could come off a few different ways. What you just said seems like a valid argument

  18. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Which happenes to be the first three season after they were caught cheating. But Im sure its just a coincidence.
    They won 100 games and the division the first year they got busted.

  19. #29
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,964

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Go back and check out his post history. Every post is ripping on reds fans, this board, or the reds in general.

    But sure, calling him a troll is just too far.

    It’s clearly Bresser
    Is it really Bresser himself making the posts?

    Or has the ghost of Bresser just evolved to the point where any unruly troll is referred to as Bresser, sort of an urban legend-type character?

  20. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (03-31-2019),RedTeamGo! (03-30-2019)

  21. #30
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Twice upon a midnight dreary.
    Posts
    9,285

    Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

    Does Bresser call people Fanboys?
    [Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator