Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 311

Thread: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Can we keep this going another year? I should be good for two days a week (Sunday, Wednesday games). Last year, Tom Servo took two days (Tuesday, Friday). Lollipopcurve has a fine tradition of Saturday. Monday and Thursday were passed around a bit, involving Montana, Bill Doran, texasdave, and company. (Sorry if I missed somebody.)

    In a separate thread, Montana took care of the recap.

    My primary request is that reports be posted by noon of the following day. If they're not, I worry that they're not being done and have to scramble. Advance notice helps a lot.

    The minor leagues open a week from today. Anyone stepping up?

    Monday games (for Tuesday post) -- ?
    Tuesday games -- Tom Servo
    Wednesday games -- mace
    Thursday games -- ?
    Friday games -- Tom Servo
    Saturday games -- Lollipopcurve
    Sunday games -- mace
    Last edited by mace; 03-28-2019 at 07:38 PM.

  2. Likes:

    BillDoran (04-01-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019)

  3. #2
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,292

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Tuesday and Friday are still good for me
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  4. Likes:

    BillDoran (04-01-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019),mace (03-28-2019)

  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Montana can't do the recap this year. RedlegJake did it previously.

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shelburne Falls, MA
    Posts
    12,010

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    I'll play again.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

  7. Likes:

    BillDoran (04-01-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019),mace (03-28-2019)

  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    With Mondays and Thursdays not covered, and the start of the season three days away, it's looking like we might not get off the ground this year. Two posts a week is my self-imposed limit. The commitment is comparatively light in the early portion of the season, before the rookie leagues kick in--meaning, it wouldn't be terribly taxing for me or someone to fill in the unassigned dates--but even so, I'd rather not start now with a short roster and have to abort two months later.

    I'll keep this open for a couple days, but if the slots aren't filled by Wednesday afternoon, we'll just move on. Thanks.

  9. #6
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    I'll take Monday and Thursday (so Tuesday and Friday mornings), but if someone wants one or both days, I will give them up.

  10. Likes:

    BillDoran (04-01-2019),mace (04-01-2019),Tom Servo (04-01-2019)

  11. #7
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I'll take Monday and Thursday (so Tuesday and Friday mornings), but if someone wants one or both days, I will give them up.
    If someone is contemplating one day to take from me, I would rather give up Friday morning's review of Thursday than Tuesday's morning's review of Monday, since I always have a 9 AM meeting on Friday.

  12. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    If someone is contemplating one day to take from me, I would rather give up Friday morning's review of Thursday than Tuesday's morning's review of Monday, since I always have a 9 AM meeting on Friday.
    Awesome, Edd. Thank you! . . . Depending on when you go to bed, you'll find, early in the season, that you might prefer to do it as soon as the games are over. Of course, that's a lot tougher when Billings and Arizona start playing.

    I've found that it can help to compile it on a separate file so that you can keep up by doing a game at a time, then paste it in when the night's over. But to each his own.

  13. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Lineup for 2019

    Sunday games (for Monday post) -- Mace
    Monday games -- Edd Roush
    Tuesday games -- Tom Servo
    Wednesday games -- Mace
    Thursday games -- Edd Roush
    Friday games -- Tom Servo
    Saturday games -- Lollipopcurve

    Progressive season summary: I guess this requires an administrator, because the rest of us can't edit a post on an ongoing basis to update it every day.

  14. #10
    Member corkedbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    10,867

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Can we keep this going another year? I should be good for two days a week (Sunday, Wednesday games). Last year, Tom Servo took two days (Tuesday, Friday). Lollipopcurve has a fine tradition of Saturday. Monday and Thursday were passed around a bit, involving Montana, Bill Doran, texasdave, and company. (Sorry if I missed somebody.)

    In a separate thread, Montana took care of the recap.

    My primary request is that reports be posted by noon of the following day. If they're not, I worry that they're not being done and have to scramble. Advance notice helps a lot.

    The minor leagues open a week from today. Anyone stepping up?

    Monday games (for Tuesday post) -- ?
    Tuesday games -- Tom Servo
    Wednesday games -- mace
    Thursday games -- ?
    Friday games -- Tom Servo
    Saturday games -- Lollipopcurve
    Sunday games -- mace
    I can fill in here and there if needed.

  15. Likes:

    mace (04-01-2019)

  16. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,150

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I can fill in here and there if needed.
    Same. Once we get into May, I may be able to pick up a weekly shift as well.

  17. Likes:

    mace (04-01-2019)

  18. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Edd: Looks like your inbox is full. You ready to lead off with tomorrow night's games? You can just do it as a reply on this thread. Thanks!

  19. #13
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    South Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Edd: Looks like your inbox is full. You ready to lead off with tomorrow night's games? You can just do it as a reply on this thread. Thanks!
    I have deleted some messages and I am good tomorrow. Next Tuesday will be tough, though. Most Tuesdays will be good, but my first Tuesday will be tough. Can I have a sub for next Tuesday (4/9)?

  20. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,866

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I have deleted some messages and I am good tomorrow. Next Tuesday will be tough, though. Most Tuesdays will be good, but my first Tuesday will be tough. Can I have a sub for next Tuesday (4/9)?
    You mean the Monday games (for Tuesday post), right? No problem.

  21. Likes:

    Edd Roush (04-03-2019)

  22. #15
    Member RedsfaninMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

    I can cover Monday's games this week

  23. Likes:

    Edd Roush (04-03-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator