Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: David Bell

Re: David Bell

bell is an overtinkering incompetent

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yes, they did interview him.

I preferred Baldelli and I know others did as well, he wasn't a name I had really considered at first but when he was confirmed as a candidate he quickly shot up my list to just behind Girardi. Impressive stuff he's doing so far with Minnesota. I get the impression though that some of his ideas wouldn't go over great here.

https://twitter.com/betsyhelfand/sta...57538061766656
    I think being in first place and a team like the Twins players looking focused and making adjustments im sure those ideas would not have a problem. Unless losing and being comfortable with it, then you get rid of so called players.

David Bell just looks so overmatched do you stop playing good at pushing all the wrong buttons
    Crazy Reds Fan

Still not seeing manager as a real issue of concern with the 2019 Reds. Ask me again in 2020.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Cooper (06-18-2019),M2 (06-18-2019)

I just don't see much improvement maybe that's not bells fault but I just thought he would be a lot of good ideas but not seeing them.
    Crazy Reds Fan

Still not seeing manager as a real issue of concern with the 2019 Reds. Ask me again in 2020.
    Since June they have looked a lot like Bryan Price's Reds.
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    I just don't see much improvement maybe that's not bells fault but I just thought he would be a lot of good ideas but not seeing them.
    I don’t necessarily expect miracles I just like some solid thought process behind the moves. I never got the sense Price had a strategy he committed to. He couldn’t decide if he was trying to win or trying to develop players, if he wanted to be old school or new school. I think Bell does and it’s an analytics focused one. He’s putting guys in matchups that they can succeed in, that they aren’t succeeding is more of a player issue than a managerial one.

There’s been Bell decisions I’ve disagreed with but I’m never gonna get a manager who does 100% of what I want, I just want some decent enough thought process. Avoiding 3rd time through the order penalty, platoon splits, playing guys in the right positions, etc.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I don’t necessarily expect miracles I just like some solid thought process behind the moves. I never got the sense Price had a strategy he committed to. He couldn’t decide if he was trying to win or trying to develop players, if he wanted to be old school or new school. I think Bell does and it’s an analytics focused one. He’s putting guys in matchups that they can succeed in, that they aren’t succeeding is more of a player issue than a managerial one.

There’s been Bell decisions I’ve disagreed with but I’m never gonna get a manager who does 100% of what I want, I just want some decent enough thought process. Avoiding 3rd time through the order penalty, platoon splits, playing guys in the right positions, etc.
    Fair enough and definitely I see your point I was just hoping we weren't going to have sit thru another 90 lose season. I will say this whoever decides to hire Turner Waed made a huge mistake.
    Crazy Reds Fan

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsOH/stat...24014711132160

Bell's comments about removing Raisel from the game.

Also, he survives an assassination attempt from a WLW reporter at the beginning

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-18-2019)

Major credit to David Bell tonight we're not staying with Iglesias until it was too late. Definitely deserves a lot of credit and obviously so does lorenzen!
    Crazy Reds Fan

14. Likes:

757690 (06-18-2019),DocRed (06-18-2019),Kc61 (06-17-2019),KronoRed (06-18-2019),M2 (06-18-2019),malcontent (06-18-2019),marcshoe (06-18-2019),Playadlc (06-18-2019),Ron Madden (06-18-2019),sdm24 (06-18-2019),Tom Servo (06-18-2019),Tony Cloninger (06-18-2019)

Bell summoned closer Raisel Iglesias for the final five outs. But pitching for the first time since June 11, Iglesias was not sharp. He walked a batter and threw a wild pitch in the eighth, then he walked the leadoff batter in the ninth. After Iglesias got Alex Bregman to pop out, Bell emerged from the dugout and summoned Michael Lorenzen from the bullpen for the final two outs. Lorenzen got Brantley with a first-pitch flyout and struck out Alvarez, but not before a line drive to left field that was foul by only a couple of feet.

“We’re just trying to do whatever we can to give us our best chance to win. Raisel’s done it before, he’s going to do it again. He’s a great pitcher. He’s going to be ready next time,” Bell said. “What I asked him to do was going to be difficult for anybody to do, to be able to finish the game from that point against that team. Tonight, it was just somebody else’s turn.”
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/luis-c...in-over-astros

I think Bell made the right move by pulling Iglesias,
    I’m glad he had the guts to make the move
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-18-2019 at 04:12 AM.

16. Likes:

malcontent (06-18-2019),sdm24 (06-18-2019),Tom Servo (06-18-2019),Tony Cloninger (06-18-2019)

Turn Off Ads?