Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Reds @ Pirates 4/6/2019

Re: Reds @ Pirates 4/6/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Don't get the Garrett line, and I was critical of him last season. But he's got the stuff and so far he's looked good.
    Need more than a couple innings so far this year to change my stance. He's had multiple years of sucking.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    you had me up until your last sentence. That's just such a turn-off.
    I do see how it can come off that way, and probably should have been said differently, but these moves are just so obviously clunky it’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    I do see how it can come off that way, and probably should have been said differently, but these moves are just so obviously clunky it’s ridiculous.
    I totally agree with you they make a lot of stupid moves. I also appreciate you reply to my post. I'm just willing to give it a little bit more time
    I'll make 98% sure you're right and this is another 90 loss plus team. But I figure I can give it a few more weeks even after after that it will give me five more months to complain about how bad they are and believe me I'll be right there with you
    Crazy Reds Fan

5. Likes:

Alabama (04-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Need more than a couple innings so far this year to change my stance. He's had multiple years of sucking.
    He didn’t suck last year. He was a soldi middle reliever.

He put up solid late inning reliever numbers until he was overused like everyone else in the pen last season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You actually thought that this looked like a 90 loss team ? I mean I get not having my 85-88 win type team but 90 losses is what you looked at? That’s overly negative
    Might be realistic. I know ESPN projected the cellar
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He didn’t suck last year. He was a soldi middle reliever.

He put up solid late inning reliever numbers until he was overused like everyone else in the pen last season.
    I guess we have a different definition of solid. He was a major league reliever who is worthy of being on a staff. He shouldn't be used in high leverage situations. He's really not a match-up guy and he struggles when extended in longer outings. He's fine to get a low leverage out or two here or there to save the better guys for the more important outs, but he's basically just middle of the bullpen filler. An ERA over 3.25 to 3.50 isn't really good for a guy who doesn't have to face a line-up multiple times. The team has Iglesias, Hughes and Hernandez to try to win with. The rest are just guys to try to eat some innings without allowing a lot of damage. if they are going to go the 5 inning starter route, these guys will be exposed. Get two more high leverage guys who can push Hernandez and Hughes to the middle and Lorenzen and Garrett to mop-up and the others off the roster and they could have chance. Otherwise, get an ace or two who can take some of those middle relief innings off the board by staying in the game through 7. I'd say one of each would be good. One ace type starter and one high leverage reliever. Otherwise we'll get what we have. A team that wins around 75 games or so.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Re: Reds @ Pirates 3/6/2019

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Thank goodness! With Kyle Farmer in the lineup, we are surely to MASH

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You actually thought that this looked like a 90 loss team ? I mean I get not having my 85-88 win type team but 90 losses is what you looked at? That’s overly negative
    After seeing them in March in Arizona, yeah, they look like a 90 loss team. By far they had the worst record of any MLB team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    After seeing them in March in Arizona, yeah, they look like a 90 loss team. By far they had the worst record of any MLB team.
    Are you being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Seriously, how they looked in AZ was how they looked in the reg season up till last night

Turn Off Ads?