Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Reds Attendance

Re: 2019 Reds Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RedseatHR View Post
    This has probably been mentioned already somewhere but what method do the Reds use to report attendance? Most teams use tickets sold. The Marlins last year changed from “tickets distributed” to actual butts in seats. Tickets distributed includes all seasons tickets AND any ticket packages given to corporations for sponsorships which those companies can distribute to employees or clients or whomever. The crowd on TV for these Padres games looks a lot less than 10-12 K to me but I’m terrible at guessing attendance
    tickets sold

Last night's game probably had 6K in attendance.

2. Likes:

RedseatHR (08-21-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Off topic Question.

Do the Reds have a way of counting the amount of people watching their games? Local Cable and MLBTV?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRed View Post
    Off topic Question.

Do the Reds have a way of counting the amount of people watching their games? Local Cable and MLBTV?
    Yes, they can count households tuned into the broadcast.

Lance McAlister
    @LanceMcAlister
    ·
    5h
    Overall MLB attendance is down 939,259 from this point a year ago. The #Reds are up 176,613...5th biggest increase in MLB.

I was at the game tonight and announced attendance was 20k but it didnt seem like it. The place was dead like a morgue. Alot of eating places were closed. Just zero energy in the place

8. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2019)

Announced attendance of 16,530 tonight...I'd be surprised if there was half that amount at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Announced attendance of 16,530 tonight...I'd be surprised if there was half that amount at the game.
    I wonder what attendance will be like next year. I know a lot of it will depend on whether the Reds make some big moves this offseason.
    Seems like a lot of Reds fans bought tickets before the season started, then never showed up for the games due to the product.. I wonder how easy it will be to sell tickets to them again?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

11. Likes:

wlf WV (09-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Lance McAlister
    @LanceMcAlister
    ·
    5h
    Overall MLB attendance is down 939,259 from this point a year ago. The #Reds are up 176,613...5th biggest increase in MLB.
    The Reds adding attendance this year reminds me of the old line about "the easiest way to lose 15 pounds is to first gain 50."

13. Likes:

757690 (09-30-2019),Chip R (09-27-2019),REDREAD (09-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I wonder what attendance will be like next year. I know a lot of it will depend on whether the Reds make some big moves this offseason.
    Seems like a lot of Reds fans bought tickets before the season started, then never showed up for the games due to the product.. I wonder how easy it will be to sell tickets to them again?
    Unless the Reds trade for Mike Trout, attendance will be down. Mark my word.

This season the Reds had four-- four!-- school-vacation weekend-series against the Cubs and Cards. Next season there's one. I don't think that the Rockies and Rays will draw as well. One of the other Cards series is opening weekend, the first of which games will (obviously) be a sellout, regardless, so the Reds don't get the benefit of Cards fans showing up for an otherwise-low draw game in the middle of summer.

15. Likes:

muethibp (09-30-2019),REDREAD (09-27-2019)

"So Fla Red"

How about a 5th winning season since 2000 - that might help with the turnstiles

It's almost amazing after a generation of utter futility and grinding down the fanbase that the franchise was 19th in attendance this year out of 30

It is mind boggling and almost criminal the pitiful gate the Indians, Rays and A's have put up this season

17. Likes:

REDREAD (09-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CincyDave View Post
    Unless the Reds trade for Mike Trout, attendance will be down. Mark my word.

This season the Reds had four-- four!-- school-vacation weekend-series against the Cubs and Cards. Next season there's one. I don't think that the Rockies and Rays will draw as well. One of the other Cards series is opening weekend, the first of which games will (obviously) be a sellout, regardless, so the Reds don't get the benefit of Cards fans showing up for an otherwise-low draw game in the middle of summer.
    (Whispers). The reds are trading for mike trout...pass it on

The 2019 Reds sold 1,808,685 tickets to their 81 home games this year, an average of 22,329 per game.

That ranks as the 3rd worst season attendance in the 17 year history of GABP, behind 2009 and 2018.

They had just one sellout, 44,049 on opening day - and then set the lowest single game attendance record in GABP history four days later with 7,799.

Though it's not all bad since they increased their per game attendance by 2,214 from last year and managed to finish ahead of 11 other teams in total home attendance.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (09-30-2019)

One thing that I think helps attendance is starting pitching. I know in the past people would not go to games because the reds starter was so bad they thought we did not have a chance. But going out to see Gray or Castillo pitch made it easier to decide to go to a game. I am curious if we had better attendance with those two guys.

What would really help attendance is if the Reds got off to an excellent start - something they rarely do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

23. Likes:

bm1475 (09-30-2019),Plus Plus (09-30-2019),Revering4Blue (09-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    What would really help attendance is if the Reds got off to an excellent start - something they rarely do.
    I think at one time, they posted that about 1/2 or more than half of ticket sales are done before the season even starts.. I am not sure on the exact number, but it makes sense.
    That's why John Allen waited until right before the season started in 2003 to order the salary dumping.. most of the tickets had already been sold.

They are going to need a big , exciting offseason to sell more tickets. They need a move on a Greg Vaughn scale.. an exciting offensive player that everyone has heard of. Grabbing a few bullpen arms (even if they are good) really is not going to get them back over 2 million in 2020, even if it does pay off in the 2020 W-L record. A fast start would help, but people are going to be skeptical unless the Reds are within striking distance of the division title at the allstar breaking.. Being 3-4 games out of the last wildcard is not going to cut it.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

25. Likes:

bm1475 (09-30-2019),mbgrayson (10-01-2019),Revering4Blue (09-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?