Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    At first I thought LA could put together the best package but if the Knicks were to offer the #3 pick, the Mavs 2021 unprotected 1st, the Mavs protected 2023 pick, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and an expiring deal like Lance Thomas for Davis (and maybe some other small pieces to make the deal work) I think they could best any offer LA or Boston could come up with, unless Boston offers all three of their 1sts along with Tatum and Brown. LA would need to offer Igram, Kuzma, Ball, and the #4 to measure up.
    I'm down with this trade but switch out Robinson for Frank N and we got a deal. If Knicks make this trade and extend Davis they only have room for one max so it couldn't be AD, KD and Kyrie. It would more likely be AD and KD so Robinson is needed
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    At first I thought LA could put together the best package but if the Knicks were to offer the #3 pick, the Mavs 2021 unprotected 1st, the Mavs protected 2023 pick, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and an expiring deal like Lance Thomas for Davis (and maybe some other small pieces to make the deal work) I think they could best any offer LA or Boston could come up with, unless Boston offers all three of their 1sts along with Tatum and Brown. LA would need to offer Igram, Kuzma, Ball, and the #4 to measure up.
    It depends on the Pelicans' mood. Those Knicks picks aren't that sexy. If you're NO, what is R.J. Barrett other than a massive project? Knox and Robinson are still a few years off from being impact guys too. Leaves them with Zion-Jrue-Randle (maybe) waiting around for the rest to figure it out. Outside of Kuzma, I'm not particularly enamored with what the Lakers can put on the table, though David Griffin might have a different view on that. Ingram's up for a massive extension this summer that he hasn't earned (he's so Andrew Wiggins) and Lonzo can't shoot. I think I'd take a Jaylen Brown-Marcus Smart-Terry Rozier package (plus a pile of picks) over any of that. That puts them instantly in the playoffs with a young team that has big upside. Denver, the Clippers, Toronto, Brooklyn, Portland all could put something tasty on the table.

My view is draft picks should be the additive, not the main attraction. If the Pelicans get some legit players for AD, they're rebuilt.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I'm down with this trade but switch out Robinson for Frank N and we got a deal. If Knicks make this trade and extend Davis they only have room for one max so it couldn't be AD, KD and Kyrie. It would more likely be AD and KD so Robinson is needed
    If they were smart they'd find a PG needy team and move DSJ along with a bad contract (Noah) to create even more cap space. If Kyrie comes in DSJ has to go.

As I said a few months ago, the GREAT Brook Lopez!

6. Likes:

M2 (05-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    As I said a few months ago, the GREAT Brook Lopez!
    Best Free Agent signing of the Summer.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    With picks from Dallas -- as well as a '20 from Charlotte, which figures to be a high second rounder -- the assets are there for a deal involving Knox or Robinson (but not both), especially if Dennis Smith Jr. is included (as he figures to be). Given the best strategy of surrounding Zion with shooters (or players reputed to become good shooters), Knox should head the list of current Knicks.

Something like this?

Kevin Knox
    Dennis Smith Jr.
    Frank Ntilikina (with the idea of bringing back RFA Mudiay)
    Damyean Dotson
    #3 pick
    '20 1st
    '21 1st (via Dallas)
    '23 1st (via Dallas)

Some future protection (Top 2?) could be placed on one future 1st rounder with the aforementioned Charlotte'20 2nd rounder also throw in if need be.

Even with an additional future first from LA, the reported Lakers' offer of Ingram (who is experiencing a blood clot condition), Kuzma, Ball and the 4th overall pick this year doesn't measure up to the above hypothetical Knicks offer. Boston, too, would be hard pressed to top this unless Ainge decides to send both Tatum and Brown New Orlean's way in a package with picks, which I can't see Ainge doing unless Jrue Holiday is also heading to Boston with AD.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Best Free Agent signing of the Summer.
    No question.

But with that, he (Lopez) has likely priced himself out of Milwaukee, But it matters not should the Bucks win it all.
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It depends on the Pelicans' mood. Those Knicks picks aren't that sexy. If you're NO, what is R.J. Barrett other than a massive project? Knox and Robinson are still a few years off from being impact guys too. Leaves them with Zion-Jrue-Randle (maybe) waiting around for the rest to figure it out. Outside of Kuzma, I'm not particularly enamored with what the Lakers can put on the table, though David Griffin might have a different view on that. Ingram's up for a massive extension this summer that he hasn't earned (he's so Andrew Wiggins) and Lonzo can't shoot. I think I'd take a Jaylen Brown-Marcus Smart-Terry Rozier package (plus a pile of picks) over any of that. That puts them instantly in the playoffs with a young team that has big upside. Denver, the Clippers, Toronto, Brooklyn, Portland all could put something tasty on the table.

My view is draft picks should be the additive, not the main attraction. If the Pelicans get some legit players for AD, they're rebuilt.
    Well, following any hypothetical deal involving the Knicks, New Orleans is no, way, shape or form bound to selecting Barrett at #3, his relationship with Zion be damned. They could draft Garland and pair him with Holiday and roll with it.

Regardless, unless Hayward is involved -- which is risky for NO -- I can't see the Pels agreeing to any deal without Tatum headlining it. As it stands, it's likely going to have to be something like this:

Tatum (No way would I include Tatum and Brown without Holiday also coming to Boston with AD)
    Marcus Smart
    Robert Williams (Rozier is a RFA and would have to be dealt singly)
    '20 Pick from Memphis (Top 6 protected in '20; unprotected in '21)

Now, Ainge could package Hayward and Brown with a pick or two -- with AD and E'Tuan Moore going to Boston -- but again, that seems to be too risky for New Orleans, but I will concede that Hayward may well return to '17 form.

We will see.
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

I won't catch the game until the end of the 3rd Quarter as I have another appointment. Hoping for the best.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Well, following any hypothetical deal involving the Knicks, New Orleans is no, way, shape or form bound to selecting Barrett at #3, his relationship with Zion be damned. They could draft Garland and pair him with Holiday and roll with it.

Regardless, unless Hayward is involved -- which is risky for NO -- I can't see the Pels agreeing to any deal without Tatum headlining it. As it stands, it's likely going to have to be something like this:

Tatum (No way would I include Tatum and Brown without Holiday also coming to Boston with AD)
    Marcus Smart
    Robert Williams (Rozier is a RFA and would have to be dealt singly)
    '20 Pick from Memphis (Top 6 protected in '20; unprotected in '21)

Now, Ainge could package Hayward and Brown with a pick or two -- with AD and E'Tuan Moore going to Boston -- but again, that seems to be too risky for New Orleans, but I will concede that Hayward may well return to '17 form.

We will see.
    I could see NO taking Hayward if the Celtics took Solomon Hill. Hayward and Tatum/Brown would gives the Pels the sorts of wings they need to put around Zion and Randle (he's the guy Griffin should be looking to keep).

The draft picks strike me as interchangeable projects - Barrett, Garland, whoever. Why do a deep rebuild when Zion is ready today?
    Last edited by M2; 05-16-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

What a choke job by the Blazers.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Yeah, that was a massive choke. That probably should have been a foul on Iguodala at the end but the amount of open shots the my missed down the stretch bar Seth Curry was awful.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-17-2019)

Lillard is a solid player, but he will never be an all-timer. He’s no Curry. What a choke job on that last possession. Simply can’t turn the ball over there.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-17-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I could see NO taking Hayward if the Celtics took Solomon Hill. Hayward and Tatum/Brown would gives the Pels the sorts of wings they need to put around Zion and Randle (he's the guy Griffin should be looking to keep).

The draft picks strike me as interchangeable projects - Barrett, Garland, whoever. Why do a deep rebuild when Zion is ready today?
    I'm not on the Zion bandwagon yet. I do think he has the talent to be great, he is an athletic freak, but does his game translate to the NBA? His game doesn't translate to any type of half court system, he would need to be on a team that is up and down the court. He's not a shooter, so there would need to be a LOT of work put in on that. I'm not hating on Zion, he has the athleticism, but the NBA is full of grown men, unlike high school/college. I think his high end comp would be Shawn Kemp, which isn't a bad comp!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'm not on the Zion bandwagon yet. I do think he has the talent to be great, he is an athletic freak, but does his game translate to the NBA? His game doesn't translate to any type of half court system, he would need to be on a team that is up and down the court. He's not a shooter, so there would need to be a LOT of work put in on that. I'm not hating on Zion, he has the athleticism, but the NBA is full of grown men, unlike high school/college. I think his high end comp would be Shawn Kemp, which isn't a bad comp!
    His talent, desire to impact the game and skill are evident. Also evident is the greed. He already based one big decision (college-one year is enough) on who paid him the most and, concurrently, gave him the best platform to show off individual talent. Is he a Marbury, or mayo or does he transcend this selfish streak?

Turn Off Ads?