Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Steph just kinda stood around after he missed that shot. Hoping for a magical deflection I guess.
    Cousins was in position for a tip-in, but the shot was too off and bounced too far away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Good for Canada.

Almost thirty years since a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup. Seems only fair.
    And, they know that.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Good for Canada.

Almost thirty years since a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup. Seems only fair.
    Yeah, but they win the Grey Cup every year.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

4. Likes:

Chip R (06-14-2019),cumberlandreds (06-14-2019),Revering4Blue (06-14-2019),RichRed (06-15-2019)

Big congrats to @Dame_Lillard, the 2018-19 recipient of the NBA’s J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. This is a VERY prestigious honor. He joins Terry Porter, Chris Dudley and Brian Grant as Trail Blazers who have received the award.#RipCity

— kerry eggers (@kerryeggers)
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn

Golden State’s Klay Thompson has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, his agent Greg Lawrence tells ESPN.
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1139404947940765698

I'm speechless.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Unbelievable. I really thought it was the MCL with it bending towards the inside. That's the case 90% of the time. Hopefully it's no worse than a Grade 2 strain and they won't know until a full MRI, which they can't take until the swelling goes down tomorrow.

They're going to get a chance to develop quickly those picks they stole in the last couple drafts.

Pretty remarkable that the Warriors made a game of it missing Klay and KD. It sure was a makeshift lineup.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a box and one getting played in the NBA.
    A saxophone someplace far off played

10. Likes:

Chip R (06-14-2019),dubc47834 (06-14-2019),Hillsdale87 (06-14-2019),Revering4Blue (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yeah, but they win the Grey Cup every year.
    Not in 1995.

Congratulations to my fellow Northern Iowa alum Nick Nurse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

M2 (06-14-2019),Revering4Blue (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Masai Ujiri set a world record for finding his star player immediately after the buzzer.
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Wizards are reportedly preparing a six-year, $60 million offer for Raptors president Masai Ujiri.

Ujiri is riding high and is a hot commodity after constructing a roster that helped Toronto capture the franchise's first NBA championship. According to the report in The Athletic, Washington has been waiting on Ujiri since mid-May and did not want to make an official run at him until the Raptorsí playoff run ended. Per ESPN, Owner Ted Leonsis plans to request permission from Toronto shortly.

SOURCE: The Athletic

They mentioned last night that not a single player was a top-15 pick.

14. Likes:

Chip R (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Wizards are reportedly preparing a six-year, $60 million offer for Raptors president Masai Ujiri.
    Well, the Wiz dragging their feet now makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Well, the Wiz dragging their feet now makes more sense.
    That’s the Wiz, always outsmarting the league and playing the long game.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

17. Likes:

Chip R (06-17-2019)

Questions to ponder as the draft approaches:

1. Does the successful acquisition of Kawhi Leonard, do expensive, one-year veteran All-Stars become more popular? If so, Mike Conley and the Grizzlies might be in the right spot and the right time.

2. Who's going to be the Ian Mahini/ Solomon Hill poster child for free agency bonanza? My guess: Fred Van Fleet from Toronto. Perhaps Jeremy Lamb?

3. There are remarkably few true small forwards on the free agency front, but 14 wings dot the first round of the 2019 draft, including RJ Barrett, Culver, and Hunter in the top six. With that in mind, do true wings like Tobias Harris become more valuable (and expensive), or do teams turn to smaller shooters like Jimmy Butler to take over that spot? And would that make a guy like Andrew Wiggins valuable enough for Minnesota to get something useful for him?

4. Which RFA would you target, were you a team in need of a talent infusion? Who would you offer $20M or more? Who may break out with a new team?

5. Who's your draft steal? Mine: Jordan Bone, from UT. Super quick, good shooter. Fair defender too. He'll be undervalued, IMO.

6. What team makes the most sense for AD? My pick: Denver. A Porter/ Moore/ Beasley/ draft picks/ salary ballast makes a lot of sense for NOP, and AD in place of Millsap would make the Nugs the West favorites.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-14-2019 at 01:15 PM.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-14-2019),M2 (06-14-2019)

4. Which RFA would you target, were you a team in need of a talent infusion? Who would you offer $20M or more? Who may break out with a new team?
    One of the keys is that it needs to be a guy on a team that might not be able to keep him for financial reasons. So Thomas Bryant, Bobby Portis and Tomas Satoransky with the Wizards might be had because DC is in cap hell. Terry Rozier seems like a decent bet to bounce back if someone hands him the keys to a team (though that team might be the Celtics). Kelly Oubre Jr. probably gets a far offer from someone, but I would expect Phoenix to match it (making T.J. Warren available for probably no more than a modest return). Everybody's keying in on D'Angelo Russell, for good reason. Yet I'll pick Trey Lyles as my sleeper RFA. He's a mobile PF who could be ready to thrive with more minutes. I don't think Denver can keep him if someone offers eight digits.

6. What team makes the most sense for AD? My pick: Denver. A Porter/ Moore/ Beasley/ draft picks/ salary ballast makes a lot of sense for NOP, and AD in place of Millsap would make the Nugs the West favorites.
    Denver would be a great fit, and it fits the one-year model that Kawhi just immortalized. The ballast would be Mason Plumlee. I like that offer better than anything the Lakers or Knicks can put on the table. Though I still think the Nets offer the optimal fit + package.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-15-2019)

...and that's that. Even after losing Durant and Thompson for next season, it's obvious the Warriors see Cousins as a bad fit to their style of play.

Coach Steve Kerr said he is hopeful DeMarcus Cousins will be able to find a bigger contract somewhere else.

Kerr did add that he could "absolutely foresee a place for DeMarcus" in the Bay Area. In other words, it doesn't sound like the Warriors will be inclined to offer Cousins much in free agency after they were able to fit him into their mid-level exception last season. Look for Boogie to seek a long-term deal on a team willing to take a chance on him.

SOURCE: Nick Friedell on Twitter

Windhorst said the Warriors plan to offer max deals to Durant and Thompson. I doubt Durant takes it, but it'll be funny if the Warriors sneak into the playoffs after playing the whole regular season without KD and Klay, and then those guys show up for the playoffs.

Turn Off Ads?