Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    ...and that's that. Even after losing Durant and Thompson for next season, it's obvious the Warriors see Cousins as a bad fit to their style of play.

Coach Steve Kerr said he is hopeful DeMarcus Cousins will be able to find a bigger contract somewhere else.

Kerr did add that he could "absolutely foresee a place for DeMarcus" in the Bay Area. In other words, it doesn't sound like the Warriors will be inclined to offer Cousins much in free agency after they were able to fit him into their mid-level exception last season. Look for Boogie to seek a long-term deal on a team willing to take a chance on him.

SOURCE: Nick Friedell on Twitter
    Boogie deserves serious respect for rehabbing back and contributing something in the finals. He had no lift and he was driving to the rim, getting buckets. I don't expect him to get back to his former self, but a big man with scoring skills is going to find some takers.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-17-2019),dubc47834 (06-15-2019),Kingspoint (06-14-2019),Revering4Blue (06-15-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Boogie deserves serious respect for rehabbing back and contributing something in the finals. He had no lift and he was driving to the rim, getting buckets. I don't expect him to get back to his former self, but a big man with scoring skills is going to find some takers.
    It was always going to take at least two years because of his size, and even then, he'll have to adjust his game. The Warriors know what they need at Center and it's not him. Someone is going to get a good, smart Veteran, who will still have great Offensive skills. Time will tell if he can fix his speed on pick-and-rolls

He won't be able to cover a 3-pt shooting Center unless he stays out on him. I think he makes the transition, adjusts his game, and gets back to being at least a Top-15 Center.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

It was always going to take at least two years because of his size, and even then, he'll have to adjust his game. The Warriors know what they need at Center and it's not him. Someone is going to get a good, smart Veteran, who will still have great Offensive skills. Time will tell if he can fix his speed on pick-and-rolls

He won't be able to cover a 3-pt shooting Center unless he stays out on him. I think he makes the transition, adjusts his game, and gets back to being at least a Top-15 Center.
    The Warriors could use a rim protector. Get that and small forward with some offensive skills and they should be groovy.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Windhorst said the Warriors plan to offer max deals to Durant and Thompson. I doubt Durant takes it, but it'll be funny if the Warriors sneak into the playoffs after playing the whole regular season without KD and Klay, and then those guys show up for the playoffs.
    I think the Warriors will still make the playoffs. Their style of play on both ends encourages every player to give a great effort, even though Thompson and Curry would often take plays off.

Kerr resting his starters a lot in order to have them fresh for the playoffs won't change. With Green, Igoudala and Curry more important than ever, he'll make sure to have them fresh come April. Those are three outstanding players who will still set the tone, as will Kerr. They have drafted very well the last two years. It's still a destination spot as a player gets a lot more freedom in their Offense.

- - - Updated - - -

The Warriors could use a rim protector. Get that and small forward with some offensive skills and they should be groovy.
    The rim-protector is easy to get. The market is tight for the latter.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The rim-protector is easy to get. The market is tight for the latter.
    I feel like they could steal a Bruno Caboclo.

Coddle thy pitchers.

I feel like they could steal a Bruno Caboclo.
    Rodney Hood would he perfect.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Questions to ponder as the draft approaches:
    1. Does the successful acquisition of Kawhi Leonard, do expensive, one-year veteran All-Stars become more popular? If so, Mike Conley and the Grizzlies might be in the right spot and the right time.
    Yes, I believe so. The fact that Paul George re-upped in OKC following a "rental" season should also help the argument.

As for Conley, should he play in 55 games next season, his '20-'21 seasonal deal becomes fully guaranteed. IMHO, on that note, should Ainge offer Hayward and Memphis' pick ('20) back, he'll land Conley. And for Memphis, with Parsons off the books at next season, Hayward's deal is a risk worth taking.

2. Who's going to be the Ian Mahini/ Solomon Hill poster child for free agency bonanza? My guess: Fred Van Fleet from Toronto. Perhaps Jeremy Lamb?
    Provided Garland is off the board by the time Phoenix or Chicago pick, I can envision either team foregoing first round PG/Combo guard options and handing the PG keys to Patrick Beverley, with a substantial eyebrow-raising deal.

3. There are remarkably few true small forwards on the free agency front, but 14 wings dot the first round of the 2019 draft, including RJ Barrett, Culver, and Hunter in the top six. With that in mind, do true wings like Tobias Harris become more valuable (and expensive), or do teams turn to smaller shooters like Jimmy Butler to take over that spot? And would that make a guy like Andrew Wiggins valuable enough for Minnesota to get something useful for him?
    While 2Gs with decent-sized wingspans and small forwards are often interchangeable in today's pace-and-space NBA landscape, it's the Tobias Harris-types that are just as capable of substantial minutes at stretch-four - where they present match-up problems for opponents in the process - that are now coveted commodities. For that reason alone, it's likely that the true wing positions (specifically, the SF position) will be manned by players the size of Jimmy Butler, as the Tobias Harris types continue to cause problems for opposing defenses as stretch fours with spot minutes as SFs.

5. Who's your draft steal? Mine: Jordan Bone, from UT. Super quick, good shooter. Fair defender too. He'll be undervalued, IMO.
    Bone is an excellent choice for the reasons that you mentioned, but I'll go with Gonzaga's 6'6" shooting guard, Zach Norvell. While he may not be the most athletic at his position, he rates really highly in the following categories:

AST/TO
    Projected NBA 3P%
    FT%
    Defensive Win Shares
    Defensive Rating
    Overall Win Shares
    Turnovers
    Off Rating
    Assists
    Fouls
    Off Box +/-

Given the above, he may be a second round/undrafted steal.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-15-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-15-2019),M2 (06-15-2019)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Wizards are reportedly preparing a six-year, $60 million offer for Raptors president Masai Ujiri.

Ujiri is riding high and is a hot commodity after constructing a roster that helped Toronto capture the franchise's first NBA championship. According to the report in The Athletic, Washington has been waiting on Ujiri since mid-May and did not want to make an official run at him until the Raptors’ playoff run ended. Per ESPN, Owner Ted Leonsis plans to request permission from Toronto shortly.

SOURCE: The Athletic

They mentioned last night that not a single player was a top-15 pick.
    Ujiri is being investigated for assault of a sheriff's deputy following the game. A Warriors fan disputes the police account.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...in/1453997001/
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    IMHO, on that note, should Ainge offer Hayward and Memphis' pick ('20) back, he'll land Conley. And for Memphis, with Parsons off the books at next season, Hayward's deal is a risk worth taking.
    That's a great deal.

Memphis could then deal Hayward in another deal, if they so wish, perhaps midway through the season (once he proves he's fully "back").

Conley would be a shades of Tiny Archibald acquisition for the Celtics.

Coddle thy pitchers.

According to Ian Begley of SNY, "members of the Pacers organization are high on D'Angelo Russell."

According to multiple published reports, Kyrie Irving is expected to sign with Brooklyn once free agency opens. Per Begley, the Nets are "highly unlikely" to keep Russell if they ink Irving. If the Nets are determined to move on from Russell, he will draw interest from plenty of teams, as he is only 23 years, and played at an All-Star level last season.

SOURCE: SNY.com

- - - Updated - - -

Patrick Beverley said that he would welcome the opportunity to sign with the Bulls this offseason.

The Bulls are in need of point guard help, as Kris Dunn has failed to live up to expectations in the Windy City. It's possible they draft a PG as well, but they might still be in the market for depth. Beverley said that "he’s open to anything," but a chance to play with his hometown Bulls would be an amazing opportunity. "I am Chicago. I’m from Chicago. I bleed Chicago," Beverley said.

SOURCE: Chicago Tribune

AD to the Lakers.

Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks — including the 2019 No. 4 overall pick.

Meh.

NOP's likely lineup (assuming no free agents):

PG L. Ball
    SG J. Holiday
    SF B. Ingram
    PF Williamson
    C Okafor
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.

16. Likes:

M2 (06-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    AD to the Lakers.

Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks — including the 2019 No. 4 overall pick.

Meh.

NOP's likely lineup (assuming no free agents):

PG L. Ball
    SG J. Holiday
    SF B. Ingram
    PF Williamson
    C Okafor
    And likely Darius Garland or De’Andre Hunter pushing Ball or Ingram.

Wonder what Lavar Ball thinks of the Big Easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Before this move, the Lakers were the 9-2 favorites to win the 2020 championship. The Knicks/Nets are somehow ahead of actually good teams.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And likely Darius Garland or De’Andre Hunter pushing Ball or Ingram.
    Were I in charge in New Orleans, I'd trade Ball and Ingram to Phoenix for the 6th pick, TJ Warren, and more picks.

I really don't think much of either Ball or Ingram. The former can't shoot free throws at all, has an unorthodox shooting stroke prone to massive slumps, and struggles to stay in front of quick guards. The latter is three years into a career wherein he knows he needs to get stronger in order to play, yet he's still as rail thin and weak as he was when he entered the league. Ingram too seems uninterested on the defensive end (55th in the league in DRPM among SF). Both players took fairly large steps backwards when asked to do less last year. That's not a good sign-- especially considering they're going to be tertiary players on their new team.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-15-2019),M2 (06-16-2019),RiverRat13 (06-16-2019)

Turn Off Ads?