Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is India a bust?

Is India a bust?

He's had short stops at Greeneville, Billings, Dayton, and now Daytona. He hasn't exactly raked at any of those spots. Looking more and more like a bust. Hope i'm wrong about this. If he's having problems versus rookie league and A ball pitchers, imagine what his future is versus AA-AAA-major league pitching. I wonder if he is getting fooled by alot of breaking pitches?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is India a bust?

Far too early but I am disappointed with his start to this season. Last year was more forgivable given that he and the Gators went all the way to the College World Series so it’s understandable that he was perhaps worn down. Was hoping he would come out on a tear to start this season and so far that’s not happening.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Norwood (04-17-2019)

April 14th
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    April 14th
    Yeah, i know it is awfully early in the season. If he had raked during last years half season i wouldn't be worried at all. But he didn't.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Ask me in 3 years.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

His swing reminds me of Justin Smoak. I can see him having a similar career, which would mean India would not be a bust, but it would be hard to classify that pick as a big success as well.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Here we go...

10. Likes:

BoxingRed (04-20-2019),HokieRed (04-15-2019),OGB (04-15-2019),Rojo Rijo (04-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Far too early but I am disappointed with his start to this season. Last year was more forgivable given that he and the Gators went all the way to the College World Series so it’s understandable that he was perhaps worn down. Was hoping he would come out on a tear to start this season and so far that’s not happening.
    I’m terribly vexed by this post.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

It’s early but looking closer to what he was as a fr and soph as opposed to the monster jr year. I’m always apprehensive when there’s one huge outlier year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    It’s early but looking closer to what he was as a fr and soph as opposed to the monster jr year. I’m always apprehensive when there’s one huge outlier year.
    While I don't read anything into his start, this was always the thing that had me scratching my head about India. If he flipped a switch and became a monster, great. Yet maybe he just played out of his mind one college season and he's not really going to be that guy on a consistent basis. So I'm kind of reserving my expectations on him until we get deeper into this season. Note: playing in the FSL likely isn't going to help his numbers.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’m terribly vexed by this post.
    I know I'm usually the person preaching patience, and I still am here because I'm far far from writing him off, but I have to admit I have doubts about India. I thought he was a perfectly sensible pick but I was never in love with him coming out of college like I was with Senzel.

Honestly, I thought he was drafted intended to be trade bait, and so I'm a bit disappointed the Reds weren't able to pull the trigger on moving him for a large piece this offseason.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

757690 (04-15-2019),mth123 (04-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    While I don't read anything into his start, this was always the thing that had me scratching my head about India. If he flipped a switch and became a monster, great. Yet maybe he just played out of his mind one college season and he's not really going to be that guy on a consistent basis. So I'm kind of reserving my expectations on him until we get deeper into this season. Note: playing in the FSL likely isn't going to help his numbers.

Yeah. See me in July and we can compare his numbers relative to the league.

Side note - he is pretty much of age for A ball so there is no “young for his level” excuse.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

No.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

19. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (04-15-2019),Vander (04-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    [/B]
    Yeah. See me in July and we can compare his numbers relative to the league.

Side note - he is pretty much of age for A ball so there is no “young for his level” excuse.
    The comparison point for him is going to be Senzel from two years ago. Same age, same position, same level.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

NM
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-15-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Turn Off Ads?