Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'd make Roster move with Duke

Re: I'd make Roster move with Duke

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Is it too late to trade Duke for the 2010 version of Joey Votto?
    Not really, because you would have to have a time machine in order to do that, and if you have a time machine, it's never too late.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Likes:

Big Klu (05-11-2019),Tadasimha (05-11-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (05-12-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    He still bangs

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Not really, because you would have to have a time machine in order to do that, and if you have a time machine, it's never too late.
    You just blew my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Junkerson View Post
    Yep... It’s time. Maybe bring up Schebler too and use as a bench/spot starter? Are they still complaining about the tiredness of the bullpen?
    Why would you want to bring up Scott for? So Bell can rotate his non productive bat around since everyone plays on this team it seems or makes more starts than they should. Try O’Grady at least and see what he can do. He also adds more speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Why would you want to bring up Scott for? So Bell can rotate his non productive bat around since everyone plays on this team it seems or makes more starts than they should. Try O’Grady at least and see what he can do. He also adds more speed.
    Lol, I posted this right before I took a look at Schebler’s AAA stats... and I regret suggesting bringing him up... Yikes!

The next position player up should be Brian O'grady. The next bullpen piece just might be Jackson Stephens.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Clearly he doesn't since it hasnt happened
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

9. Likes:

marcshoe (05-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The next position player up should be Brian O'grady. The next bullpen piece just might be Jackson Stephens.
    Not Reed? He was really good in his (ridiculously) short stint
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Stephens may follow Reed but if he keeps doing what he's been doing lately, he'll be up. I looked this morning: ERA just over one, I think, in something like his last 17 innings. I'm really hoping he can be a bullpen piece next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkerson View Post
    Lol, I posted this right before I took a look at Schebler’s AAA stats... and I regret suggesting bringing him up... Yikes!
    I understand and I hope those shots of JD were worth it.

Zach Dook needs to be replaced with Reed.

How does RZ feel about Duke now? A lot of his peripherals still look bad, but he's definitely improved after a disastrous start.
    FTR, I like Bowman and I want Reed on the staff when he's ready, but has anyone changed their opinion on Duke going forward?
    Just curious.
    I'm a little drunk and don't really want to look up his splits, but he's clearly been better recently.
    Is it good enough?
    I say keep Bowman while he's pitching well.
    I also have zero confidence in Wandy, his 2017 seems to be a mirage.
    Derek Johnson has apparently been a difference maker for several of our pitchers. I'd have hoped Wandy would be one to benefit, but he hasn't.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

16. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    How does RZ feel about Duke now? A lot of his peripherals still look bad, but he's definitely improved after a disastrous start.
    FTR, I like Bowman and I want Reed on the staff when he's ready, but has anyone changed their opinion on Duke going forward?
    Just curious.
    I'm a little drunk and don't really want to look up his splits, but he's clearly been better recently.
    Is it good enough?
    I say keep Bowman while he's pitching well.
    I also have zero confidence in Wandy, his 2017 seems to be a mirage.
    Derek Johnson has apparently been a difference maker for several of our pitchers. I'd have hoped Wandy would be one to benefit, but he hasn't.
    The Reds will need a better LHP option behind Amir if they're gonna make a run but I can live with Duke for the time being, he's been okay since April ended. I absolutely feel more comfortable with him than Wandy, who I do not wish to see pitching for the Reds again in any capacity.

Bowman was slept on, he was pretty solid for STL until he got injured last year. He's clearly not THIS good, but he's generally a perfectly fine middle reliever.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Bell seems to like his 3 lefty reliever options, so I suspect when Reed is back, Bowman goes back down. He doesn't get much use anyway.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Since the 28th of April, Duke has pitched in 14 games - 0.66 ERA - .196 BAA - .339 OBPA - .304 SLGA

20. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (06-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Since the 28th of April, Duke has pitched in 14 games - 0.66 ERA - .196 BAA - .339 OBPA - .304 SLGA
    Too many people do not understand simple size and effectiveness when it comes to players like this

Turn Off Ads?