Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexus Diamond Seats Are On My Bucket-list

Lexus Diamond Seats Are On My Bucket-list

My life-long friend, golfing buddy, and fellow Red's fan retired recently when I did. I've always wanted to do it (one time), and so has he, so I'm looking to get a couple tickets at some point this season. And we're talking sections 2, 3, or 4, first row (LOL). Since we're retired any day of the week is OK; but logic tells us one of the weekdays affords us our best shot.

I've went through about 20+ dates and it ain't happening so far (LOL). In every case, the first 5 rows in every section is not available (Season-ticket holders?). And in some cases the entire section is not available (organizations reserved entire section for certain dates?)

So I guess we're going to have to lower our standards (LOL). But I have no huge problem sitting in section 2,3, or 4, rows 6 or 7
    Last edited by GAC; 04-20-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-20-2019),cumberlandreds (04-22-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lexus Diamond Seats Are On My Bucket-list

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My life-long friend, golfing buddy, and fellow Red's retired recently when I did. I've always wanted to do it (one time), and so has he, so I'm looking to get a couple tickets at some point this season. And we're talking sections 2, 3, or 4, first row (LOL). Since we're retired any day of the week is OK; but logic tells us one of the weekdays affords us our best shot.

I've went through about 20+ dates and it ain't happening so far (LOL). In every case, the first 5 rows in every section is not available (Season-ticket holders?). And in some cases the entire section is not available (organizations reserved entire section for certain dates?)

So I guess we're going to have to lower our standards (LOL). But I have no huge problem sitting in section 2,3, or 4, rows 6 or 7
    have you tried Stubhub ?

Diamond is the only place I have not sat in the park besides bleachers (I hate sitting on bleachers) and Riverboat Fan Deck (no group event there yet). I have had Scout behind home plate and the view is amazing. I don't drink alcohol - so the cost benefit for Diamond (gotta check stubhub late in a bad season for sure) has not happened just yet for me.

I 'm big fan of the club seats. Sitting in a suite is pretty choice too.

My dad's company had front row green behind home plate at Riverfront (full season with parking pass) and it was amazing (and free!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    have you tried Stubhub ?

Diamond is the only place I have not sat in the park besides bleachers (I hate sitting on bleachers) and Riverboat Fan Deck (no group event there yet). I have had Scout behind home plate and the view is amazing. I don't drink alcohol - so the cost benefit for Diamond (gotta check stubhub late in a bad season for sure) has not happened just yet for me.

I 'm big fan of the club seats. Sitting in a suite is pretty choice too.

My dad's company had front row green behind home plate at Riverfront (full season with parking pass) and it was amazing (and free!).
    I would have to say the view from the scout seats are better than the diamond. The perks are better in diamond though.

I had diamond seats once, winning a company lottery. They were spectacular - row 1. (The company I worked for at the time rhymed with Smeat Bamerican They told us the tickets belonged to the Lindner family and that people sitting in that section knew the Lindners, so be sure you behave yourselves, LOL.) Unfortunately, 2 of the winners were ladies who cared nothing about baseball and spent the entire time in the back getting food. It was a shame such an opportunity was wasted on them instead of actual fans.) Hearing the ball smack the catcher's glove and seeing foul balls coming right at me at a billion miles per hour (hitting the net or a bit lower off the brick wall) was just a great experience. Even some dust from the field flew up into the seats when the ball hit near the wall. It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime afternoon.

The game was cool too - Francisco Cordero blew the save in the 9th, but Orlando Cabrera hit a walk-off HR in the 10th, the only walk-off HR I have ever seen. Plus it was a day game, so I missed a few hours of work too. That was a memorable day - I wish I had had a smart phone then. I had one picture on my flip phone, but don't know where I saved it.)

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-22-2019),Roy Tucker (04-21-2019)

We have season tickets 5th row behind the visitors bench for the Indiana Pacers. All I can tell you is they are probally some of the worst seats we have ever had. Being so close to the action is not always good because you simply cannot see as well. The same goes for the Indy 500 and NFL games. I have sat in the very front row on the finish line for the Indy 500 and I would never sit there again. I couldnt see squat. The moral of the story is be careful what you wish for.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

9. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (04-20-2019)

My life-long friend, golfing buddy, and fellow Red's retired recently when I did. I've always wanted to do it (one time), and so has he, so I'm looking to get a couple tickets at some point this season. And we're talking sections 2, 3, or 4, first row (LOL). Since we're retired any day of the week is OK; but logic tells us one of the weekdays affords us our best shot.

Wednesday April 24th against the Braves

Section 2, Row C (i.e. 3rd row), Seats 5-8 are available

They cost 260$ a piece on Reds.com

----------------------

Same Game

Section 4, Row G (i.e. 7th row), seats 7-8 are available

They cost 180$ a piece on Stubhub

The Monday May 6th game has tix available in Section 2 - 3rd row (C), Section 3 - 4th row (D), and Section 4 - 6th row (F)

The Tuesday June 18th game has tix available in Section 3 - 6th row, and Section 4 - 5th row.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 04-20-2019 at 10:11 AM.

There's quite a few games available that I can find tix for in that general area.

You can get them on stubhub before games cheaper than purchasing through the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I had diamond seats once, winning a company lottery. They were spectacular - row 1. (The company I worked for at the time rhymed with Smeat Bamerican They told us the tickets belonged to the Lindner family and that people sitting in that section knew the Lindners, so be sure you behave yourselves, LOL.) Unfortunately, 2 of the winners were ladies who cared nothing about baseball and spent the entire time in the back getting food. It was a shame such an opportunity was wasted on them instead of actual fans.) Hearing the ball smack the catcher's glove and seeing foul balls coming right at me at a billion miles per hour (hitting the net or a bit lower off the brick wall) was just a great experience. Even some dust from the field flew up into the seats when the ball hit near the wall. It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime afternoon.

The game was cool too - Francisco Cordero blew the save in the 9th, but Orlando Cabrera hit a walk-off HR in the 10th, the only walk-off HR I have ever seen. Plus it was a day game, so I missed a few hours of work too. That was a memorable day - I wish I had had a smart phone then. I had one picture on my flip phone, but don't know where I saved it.)
    I was at that game with my son. Unfortunately, we left after the 9th because my son had a practice and I was the coach. Only time I have ever left a game early. Anyways by the time we walk to the car, we have the game on the radio, we hear Cabrera's walk off home run just as we are driving right next to the stadium. We were there, but we were not there.

Thanks Kinsm. I really appreciate your effort. Are you finding these thru Stubhub? Heard of them, but I've never dealt with them. I was simply looking up games and available seats on the Red's website, ticket purchasing area. Like I said, I looked at 20+ dates, and there was absolutely nothing available in sections 1-5, and the first five rows. I guess the Lindner family, season-ticket holders and Stub Hub have them all? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Alright. Went on Stubhub, had to learn how to "maneuver" around on there, but figured it out. Found a few dates on there (so far) where seats are available in some of those sections, and the first 5 rows too, that weren't on the Red's website. And I have to admit, cheaper then the Red's regular website (why is that?) LOL

I'm assuming I should move fast on these though, correct?

Alright. Went on Stubhub, had to learn how to "maneuver" around on there, but figured it out. Found a few dates on there (so far) where seats are available in some of those sections, and the first 5 rows too, that weren't on the Red's website. And I have to admit, cheaper then the Red's regular website (why is that?) LOL

I'm assuming I should move fast on these though, correct?
    If you are wanting specific seats on a specific date then you probably should move fast on Stubhub. However, I usually wait until real close to gates opening for buying on stubhub. I should say don’t go too close because they sometimes stop selling tix close to game time. I have bought tickets literally right beside the dugout several times for far cheaper than what is available on Reds.com. I have gotten tickets several times in the Club section which is all you can eat and is really awesome because going to the bathroom or getting food can all be done in between innings without missing a single pitch. I do agree with others about scout seats. I really like them probably even better than beside the dugout but I have never been in diamond section. I should note that I even bought tickets for home run derby on stubhub like an hour before they stopped selling them and saved probably half the cost...for Club seats.

I usually watch everyday about a week out to see how many tickets are available and as they start getting low I start considering buying. I will often see stubhub having 2000 seats and get down to less than 500 before I buy. Doing that I have seen tickets get much cheaper as the time gets within 2-3 hours of gate opening time.

As for why is stubhub cheaper? These tickets have already been sold once and they aren’t professional scalpers on there selling them. Also, be sure to click the button that says include all fees because the fees do add up on Stubhub and if you are new to buying that way you might not realize that fees can be steep. The better the Reds are the less difference in price they will be compared to Reds.com...and in fact could be higher for hot tickets.
    Last edited by paulrichjr; 04-20-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

18. Likes:

GAC (04-21-2019)

Be sure to wave while on your phone, it's part of the experience
    Go Gators!

20. Likes:

DocRed (04-21-2019)

I smell a "Go Fund Me" coming on.

22. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-20-2019)

Turn Off Ads?