Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Anyone getting a feel, yet, about this team?

Chances of them not winning 5 games?

Chances of them winning at least 10 games?

Right now I would put it at 40% for the former and 20% for the latter, but there's truly no read for this team right now. That makes for a good opportunity to cash in for a bet if you think you have a read on them.
    The AFC North is as up in the air as I've ever seen it IMO.
    I think the teams are likely to go 6-10,7-9,8-8,10-6 and I honestly wouldn't be stunned to see any team finish in any spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The AFC North is as up in the air as I've ever seen it IMO.
    I think the teams are likely to go 6-10,7-9,8-8,10-6 and I honestly wouldn't be stunned to see any team finish in any spot.
    End of August would be a great time to revisit this question.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I could see the offense matching the 2015 offense. The defense, I really don't know. Feels like if the linebackers could just be average they might be ok, but I think that's a stretch.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I could see the offense matching the 2015 offense.
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm guessing not just bad, but very bad.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm guessing not just bad, but very bad.
    2015 was Dalton's best year as a pro, so I would consider it a good thing. He will have plenty of weapons again, and I think a good running game. Really no excuse for them not to be a top half of the league offense, but of course the offensive line could be bad again.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

2015 was Dalton's best year as a pro, so I would consider it a good thing. He will have plenty of weapons again, and I think a good running game. Really no excuse for them not to be a top half of the league offense, but of course the offensive line could be bad again.
    Sorry. I misread that. I thought it said last year for some reason.

We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Vegas is at 6 wins.

If I spent the last 30 years taking the under on the Bengals instead of rooting for them, I'd be a billionaire.
    "Learn what it is that you do. Or we'll find someone else that will."

9. Likes:

Hoosier Red (06-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Vegas is at 6 wins.

If I spent the last 30 years taking the under on the Bengals instead of rooting for them, I'd be a billionaire.
    Never bet on or against your own team. Can't be fully objective.

11. Likes:

Hoosier Red (06-10-2019)

If you can try to really be objective, I think it can be like having some inside information.

I was in Vegas for this game: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1410190clt.htm

It was Colts -3.5, and I bet heavy against the Bengals. Everyone on offense was hurt, the targets that day went to Sanu and Gresham. It would have taken a miracle to get within 3.5.

I think with a new head coach it will be confusing for awhile and there won't be opportunities like this. I'm convinced there were many games where Marvin went vanilla in scheme if he thought they had no shot at winning, just like he went vanilla when they were up a couple of scores on an opponent.

If you can try to really be objective, I think it can be like having some inside information.

I was in Vegas for this game: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1410190clt.htm

It was Colts -3.5, and I bet heavy against the Bengals. Everyone on offense was hurt, the targets that day went to Sanu and Gresham. It would have taken a miracle to get within 3.5.

I think with a new head coach it will be confusing for awhile and there won't be opportunities like this. I'm convinced there were many games where Marvin went vanilla in scheme if he thought they had no shot at winning, just like he went vanilla when they were up a couple of scores on an opponent.
    One has a tendency to overevaluate or underevaluate the information if you are emotionally involved. It's a general rule I agree with.

It's like raising your own kids. An outsider sees things much more clearly as you are just too emotionally involved. You have more information, but you can't give it its proper weight.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

A.J. Green said, "Hopefully I can be [in Cincinnati] for a couple more years."

Earlier this offseason, Bengals owner Mike Brown said Green is a candidate for a contract extension since he's in the final year of his deal, so expect the two sides to come to an agreement before the 2019 season. Currently the NFL's 14th-highest paid receiver, Green is due for a pay bump, even if he's entering his age-31 season. Green is still a Pro Bowl-level receiver when healthy.

SOURCE: NFL.com

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing helps a Defense more than an Offense that can keep them off the field and force the other team to go at least 75 yards every time to score a TD.

15. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (06-09-2019)

I rarely ever bet on sports games, the only time I do is if I happen to be in Vegas, which has been twice in 10 years. I do from time to time send friends with money, maybe $20 or so, to bet on OSU to win the national title or maybe the Reds or Bengals to win a division. This past time I was in Vegas it was during the B1G championship and I knew OSU should have been bet hard against NW. There were no reasons that NW should have stayed close in the game, none. OSU won and covered, but since I bet, it wasn't about OSU winning, it was about OSU covering, it just wasn't that fun to watch. I won't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I rarely ever bet on sports games, the only time I do is if I happen to be in Vegas, which has been twice in 10 years. I do from time to time send friends with money, maybe $20 or so, to bet on OSU to win the national title or maybe the Reds or Bengals to win a division. This past time I was in Vegas it was during the B1G championship and I knew OSU should have been bet hard against NW. There were no reasons that NW should have stayed close in the game, none. OSU won and covered, but since I bet, it wasn't about OSU winning, it was about OSU covering, it just wasn't that fun to watch. I won't do it again.
    Yes. That's not betting. That's entertainment, like buying lunch.

When I bet, it's $500 at a time. Of course, it's all perspective. Someone else would say, "That's not betting. That's entertainment, like spending a weekend at the beach. When I bet, it's $10,000 at a time."

One has a tendency to overevaluate or underevaluate the information if you are emotionally involved. It's a general rule I agree with.

It's like raising your own kids. An outsider sees things much more clearly as you are just too emotionally involved. You have more information, but you can't give it its proper weight.
    Probably true, I hammered that bet though, paid for a lot of the trip.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-10-2019)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

A.J. Green said, "Hopefully I can be [in Cincinnati] for a couple more years."

Earlier this offseason, Bengals owner Mike Brown said Green is a candidate for a contract extension since he's in the final year of his deal, so expect the two sides to come to an agreement before the 2019 season. Currently the NFL's 14th-highest paid receiver, Green is due for a pay bump, even if he's entering his age-31 season. Green is still a Pro Bowl-level receiver when healthy.

SOURCE: NFL.com

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing helps a Defense more than an Offense that can keep them off the field and force the other team to go at least 75 yards every time to score a TD.
    I wouldnt resign him.

Turn Off Ads?