Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    You're wrong. Again.

He knew about the blood clots months ago.

And saying that the Bengals will be Dave Shula bad this season because of the poor decisions streak they have going on... that's not my narrative, that's reality.

The Bengals won't win 4 games this season. They may not win any. Vegas has them at 5 wins and just like with all things Bengal, I'd take the under.

I'll finish with this. I would never pay for a Bengals ticket, but I would enjoy watching the faces of fans that continue to line Mike Browns pockets, as the results of his "product" unfolds.
    Yes he did, he was trying to treat the blood clots with blood thinners. Its not something that happens overnight, it takes time to see if the treatment is working. But carry on with the narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You keep using the word stupid to describe the Bengals. Is that your word or are you referring to what someone else posted?
    Sarcastic.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The reason why now from the article I read in the Athletic was him and his wife had been going to several doctors for months to try to find the best way to deal with this. They still have more doctor visits scheduled but with it getting this close to training camp they finally decided they had to make a decision and when you are dealing with blood clots they made the right call for their family. The Bengals coaches have been in contact throughout the year and always knew this was a possibility. There are a lot of things you can get on the Bengals about but to me this is not one of them it is just an unfortunate situation but the Bolings did the right thing and the Bengals knew this could happen and will have to deal with it.

4. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-17-2019),bucksfan2 (07-17-2019),Kingspoint (07-19-2019),UKFlounder (07-17-2019)

The reason the Bengals will be bad this year is because they've made a series of bad choices:

1) Hung onto Marvin Lewis for too long
    2) Didn't keep Whitworth
    3) Signed an incredibly "green" head coach
    4) Didn't surround that head coach with experienced assistants
    5) Very poor recent drafts; Ced O; John Ross
    6) Should have retained last year's O line coach who was experienced and under contract
    7) Never acquired competition for Andy Dalton

I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my head. Specifically I think this year will blow because I think they've really screwed up the coaching staff. It lacks experience and has a kids taking over the Principal's office feel to it. This won't go well

We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Yes he did, he was trying to treat the blood clots with blood thinners. Its not something that happens overnight, it takes time to see if the treatment is working. But carry on with the narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarcastic.
    The Bengals won't win 4 games.
    Dalton will either get injured, or be in and out of concussion protocol all season.
    The Bengals will draft Tua, and Tua will refuse to sign.
    And regardless of all of this, Mike Brown will still take his 1/32 cut of that sweet sweet revenue share, which of course explains his body of work for the past 30 years.

Narrative... lol
    "Learn what it is that you do. Or we'll find someone else that will."

Nobody really holds out anymore, where do you come up with this? The Bengals aren't even close to one of the worst NFL franchises right now, even as bad as it has been lately.

You'd think they were coming off a string of 3-13s, and not a few very mediocre years with the way the conversation is going.

They could be very bad if Taylor isn't up to the job, and it's a fair argument to think he won't be, but it's not something anyone can say with certainty.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

8. Likes:

bucksfan2 (07-17-2019),RiverRat13 (07-17-2019),UKFlounder (07-17-2019)

The Bengals won't win 4 games.
    Dalton will either get injured, or be in and out of concussion protocol all season.
    And regardless of all of this, Mike Brown will still take his 1/32 cut of that sweet sweet revenue share, which of course explains his body of work for the past 30 years.

Narrative... lol
    Why do you bother posting in the Bengals thread? Do you just get enjoyment in trying to ruin other people's fun? Nobody in here expects the Bengals to be a Super Bowl contender, and the most optimistic only think they have an outside chance at sneaking into the playoffs, primarily because of an easy schedule. If you think the Bengals are a garbage organization with no hope for the future, I don't think that's crazy. But spending every post to troll those who are actually looking forward to the football season is pathetic

- - - Updated - - -

I hear the new oline coach has a drill sergeant like approach. That should go over well in 2019.
    This could be true, but it would be the opposite of everything that the players have been saying about the new regime

10. Likes:

Hoosier Red (07-17-2019),ScotlandRed (07-21-2019)

The Bengals can be criticized for many things, but criticizing them for Boling is asinine. Of course he's known about blood clots for months, but he'd been trying to see if they respond to treatment. He wasn't just going to retire at the first diagnosis. Brandon Ingram had blood clots this year, but he seems to be fine after treatment. Chris Bosh held out for years hoping his clots would be resolved. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it unfortunately doesn't. But the Bengals signed a starting guard, drafted a LT to push Glenn to guard, and drafted Boling's replacement. They were not caught off guard. Even if Boling played this season, this was going to be his last as a Bengal, so they were prepared for life without him.

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-17-2019),Hoosier Red (07-17-2019),Reds Fanatic (07-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The Bengals can be criticized for many things, but criticizing them for Boling is asinine. Of course he's known about blood clots for months, but he'd been trying to see if they respond to treatment. He wasn't just going to retire at the first diagnosis. Brandon Ingram had blood clots this year, but he seems to be fine after treatment. Chris Bosh held out for years hoping his clots would be resolved. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it unfortunately doesn't. But the Bengals signed a starting guard, drafted a LT to push Glenn to guard, and drafted Boling's replacement. They were not caught off guard. Even if Boling played this season, this was going to be his last as a Bengal, so they were prepared for life without him.
    There is a lot to dislike about the Bengals. I would argue that their lack of success has more to do with lack of execution than it does lack of a plan.

14. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (07-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Nobody really holds out anymore, where do you come up with this? The Bengals aren't even close to one of the worst NFL franchises right now, even as bad as it has been lately.

You'd think they were coming off a string of 3-13s, and not a few very mediocre years with the way the conversation is going.

They could be very bad if Taylor isn't up to the job, and it's a fair argument to think he won't be, but it's not something anyone can say with certainty.
    What he lacks in factual basis, he makes up for in certainty.
    There's plenty to criticize the Bengals for, they could in fact be terrible this year.
    But to suggest that Boling retired due to the O-Line coach runs counter to all publicly stated reason and would require actually hearing differently from one of the principal's involved.
    Otherwise it's speculation based on pre-conceived notions.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

"Hear me now and believe me later."

Bengals won't win 4 games.
    This oline is going to get Dalton injured.
    Questionable decision making for quite a few decisions in a row, will continue to haunt the Bengals for at least a few more years at this point.
    Mike Brown doesn't care/checks still cash.

Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

"Hear me now and believe me later."

Bengals won't win 4 games.
    This oline is going to get Dalton injured.
    Questionable decision making for quite a few decisions in a row, will continue to haunt the Bengals for at least a few more years at this point.
    Mike Brown doesn't care/checks still cash.

Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.
    I think it's past time to ask: do you have anything new to add to this thread, or do you intend to continue hammering home the same points over and over and over again here? I have zero issue if you or others want to criticize the Bengals because there's no shortage of things to criticize, but you are now at the point of beating a dead horse.

18. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (07-17-2019),Playadlc (07-22-2019)

6 games is optimistic but the team still has talent it's not like the cupboard is bare. I am excited to see what Taylor and his squad comes up with as Lazor's game plans were stale and predictable. The defense has been raving about the new coaches and any thing has to be better then last year for that squad. What scares me is riding the mediocre train for the next 5 yrs and continuing a run of 6-10 finishes. If we lose this year it will be time for a full on rebuild.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I can't abandon the opportunity the Defensive Coordinator from Kingspoint has been given. Whether or not he's up to the challenge is questionable, but it won't be from a lack of effort, passion and hard work.

I will watch with utter optimism.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Why do you bother posting in the Bengals thread? Do you just get enjoyment in trying to ruin other people's fun? Nobody in here expects the Bengals to be a Super Bowl contender, and the most optimistic only think they have an outside chance at sneaking into the playoffs, primarily because of an easy schedule. If you think the Bengals are a garbage organization with no hope for the future, I don't think that's crazy. But spending every post to troll those who are actually looking forward to the football season is pathetic

- - - Updated - - -

This could be true, but it would be the opposite of everything that the players have been saying about the new regime
    I gotta agree the oline coach is an ass. Ask previous players not current ones vying for jobs. Been a huge Bengals fan my whole life Through the good and mostly bad.

This is the first time in many years I could care less. They made many questionable decisions this offseason. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade but sometimes it is hard to hear the truth about your team.They are like top 5 bad. The weird thing is the Bobby Hart signing is what finally did it for me. Anyone who evaluates him the way the Bengals did does not deserve my time. I hope they have a good season and everyone enjoys, but I'm done.
    Last edited by Senzling Hot; 07-19-2019 at 06:06 PM.

29 years since they last won a playoff game.

Turn Off Ads?