Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Senzling Hot View Post
    I gotta agree the oline coach is an ass. Ask previous players not current ones vying for jobs. Been a huge Bengals fan my whole life Through the good and mostly bad.

This is the first time in many years I could care less. They made many questionable decisions this offseason. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade but sometimes it is hard to hear the truth about your team.They are like top 5 bad. The weird thing is the Bobby Hart signing is what finally did it for me. Anyone who evaluates him the way the Bengals did does not deserve my time. I hope they have a good season and everyone enjoys, but I'm done.
    I was pissed at the Bobby Hart signing at first until i saw it was essentially an over glorified one year deal.

I also can’t be mad at both the Jonah Williams pick and him subsequently being lost for the season. He was the best player available and filled an obvious need and you can’t predict injuries. He seemed to be the safest pick in the draft. The Sample pick was mind boggling but the biggest issue was not addressing linebacker. Our defense is going to be horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I was pissed at the Bobby Hart signing at first until i saw it was essentially an over glorified one year deal.

I also can’t be mad at both the Jonah Williams pick and him subsequently being lost for the season. He was the best player available and filled an obvious need and you can’t predict injuries. He seemed to be the safest pick in the draft. The Sample pick was mind boggling but the biggest issue was not addressing linebacker. Our defense is going to be horrible.
    I hated the first two picks of the draft at the time. I wanted Haskins and the BPA at 2. I came along on Williams, he was probably the safest pick for the Bengals, and hopefully a guy who can hold down a T spot for a decade. Injuries happen and they suck, and if you can predict them, well you wouldn't be posting on a message board. If you look back a few years, just because WJ3 got injured and missed his first season doesn't mean it was a bad pick.

The Sample pick confused me at that point in the 2nd. It may have been a reach, but he seems like the player Taylor was looking to implement his style of offense. He seemed about a round reach, which I am fine with, as long as he fits your style. I feel like under Marv they often waited for a player to fall into their lap, with Taylor it may be different. If that guy really fits the style you want to play,

4. Likes:

Hoosier Red (07-22-2019)

They need to get to where they find a usable lineman in the 3rd round or later now and then. Having to spend so many 1st round picks on the line is killer. 5 out of the last 11 years (12 first round picks total) they have taken an offensive lineman, and I think it was partially to mask bad coaching.

I believe in making heavy investments on both lines, but there's simply too many good players further down in the draft that the Bengals never seem to hit on. Imagine being able to take a skill player in the 1st round every year, or spending resources on the LB position, or being more open to taking a QB if there's a good one, because you have a decent line that doesn't need restocked constantly as guys leave for free agency.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

Winning is fun.

I will be rooting for them to win, but if there was ever a perfect time to go 2-14, this would be the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I will be rooting for them to win, but if there was ever a perfect time to go 2-14, this would be the season.
    I'd prefer next yr when Trevor Lawrence is draftable

8. Likes:

Reds Fanatic (07-23-2019),WVRed (07-23-2019)

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Bengals are signing WR Tyler Boyd to a four-year, $43 million extension, league sources tell ESPN. Boyd now will be under contract through the 2023 season.
    3:35pm · 23 Jul 2019
    I wonder if the Bengals are about ready to let Green walk.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Good deal for the Bengals on Boyd...Mike Brown loves AJ Green and his contract is pretty favorable so I would imagine he will be here unless he wants to leave.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (07-24-2019),Senzling Hot (07-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'd prefer next yr when Trevor Lawrence is draftable
    If they are bad enough to be in the running for Tua, Fromm, Herbert, or whoever emerges in the season I’d be fine with it. There’s a better chance of them having a top QB next season than winning that sweepstakes.

That said, I’d be happy with Andrew Thomas, Chase Young, or Empenesa from Iowa.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

Hoosier Red (07-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Good deal for the Bengals on Boyd...Mike Brown loves AJ Green and his contract is pretty favorable so I would imagine he will be here unless he wants to leave.
    You realize Greens contract is up at the end of the season right?

I don't think Boyd's contract has much effect on signing AJ Green. A lot of balls in the air on him...How does he do with Zach Taylor's offense, who will the QB be, can he stay healthy, does he want to stay, how much money does he want.

I'd like to see him re-signed for about 3 yrs but he may have had enough

They said they want to get Green done next, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Today was mock turtle soup day.

That's the day when reporters get to pretend like they're asking Mike Brown relevant questions, and Mike Brown gets to vaguely pretend like winning a Super Bowl is a primary goal of his.
    "Learn what it is that you do. Or we'll find someone else that will."

18. Likes:

Todd Gack (07-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They said they want to get Green done next, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    The question I have is how much does Green have left in the tank?

He’s been injured two off the last three years. Boyd took a major step forward but if the Bengals can get younger and get similar production they should go for it, especially if they do ultimately replace the Red Rifle.

Going to say after so many years of Marvin's stale approach...Taylor seems like a breath of fresh air. He has stated he wants to keep guys fresh during camp to cut down on injuries and to having them be their best, so practices will be 2 hrs instead of 3 with an extra day off thrown in. I always thought Marvin overworked the team during camp which resulted in a ton of injuries. Also new this season a head of game mgmt which has been sorely needed the last 15 years. How many games did good ole Marv blow due to poor clock mgmt and strategy year after year. Lance said Mike Brown said the differences between the staffs have been stunning from the draft to how the run the ship. Change is good.

Taylor will be on with Lance at 6pm tonight.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-25-2019)

Has anyone in the local media asked Zac Taylor about the Turner hire? That seems noteworthy and I have not seen any type of response.

Turn Off Ads?