Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    He apologized for not having an update today when he previously said he'd have an update today. It has nothing to do with anything they reported on the injury being incorrect, which is apparently what you're arguing.
    The important thing here is his apology. It speaks volumes to there being a different regime in charge, at least at the Coaching level, and it's one a fan and a player can respect, just like this article about Taylor and the players:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/201...tent=home-hero
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The important thing here is his apology. It speaks volumes to there being a different regime in charge, at least at the Coaching level, and it's one a fan and a player can respect, just like this article about Taylor and the players:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/201...tent=home-hero
    No argument at all there

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    No argument at all there
    Despite questionable decisions by Ownership (free agent moves and non-moves along with the draft itself), I haven't been this interested in seeing what the Coaches do with the talent they have to work with since Zimmer's first season, while not being this interested in in-game adjustments since Sam Wyche was Head Coach.

That's a lot to be positive about that should last for me the entire season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-30-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-29-2019)

Latest on AJ Green. Never really heard of ankle being cleaned out before

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Bengals WR AJ Green underwent a minor ankle procedure this morning to clean it out after his injury, sources say. The timeline should remain the same and Week 1 is still possible.

We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Hobson reporting that the ankle will be even stronger than it was before the injury, and that Green should be ready to go as soon as 2 weeks ago.
    "Learn what it is that you do. Or we'll find someone else that will."

8. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Hobson reporting that the ankle will be even stronger than it was before the injury, and that Green should be ready to go as soon as 2 weeks ago.
    They actually had to amputate.

Ok, it's not that bad, but dayumm...

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

Another update on #Bengals WR AJ Green: Following surgery, based on what they found cleaning out the ankle, he’s now expected to miss a few games, I’m told. Not ideal.
    8:53pm · 30 Jul 2019
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

10. Likes:

UKFlounder (07-30-2019)

Best tweet of the day

The Bengals injury timeline is like a girls number of partners they've had, whatever number they tell you, double it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (07-30-2019),dubc47834 (08-02-2019),Reds Fanatic (07-30-2019)

Transparency from the Bengals' Head Coach.

It's refreshing and puts all other transgressions by other members of the organization to rest for me.

I truly like Zach Taylor.

Transparency from the Bengals' Head Coach.

It's refreshing and puts all other transgressions by other members of the organization to rest for me.

I truly like Zach Taylor.
    I liked Dave Shula. He was a great assistant coach, with a top notch pedigree.

Early on when he was Bengals HC I liked his quiet but purposeful intent, and I liked his transparancy with the media.

As time went on, that was gradually replaced with that deer in the headlights Bengalized look on the sidelines and in post game that we have come to know from every Bengals HC since Sam Wyche near the end of their time here.

Before/After pictures of Bengal HCs are telling.
    They look like before/after pictures of US presidents. Clearly, working for Mike Brown sucks the life right out of you, and they either go into autopilot mode, or lash out and/or quit. Much like being a Bengals fan, honestly.

But yeah, great coach, I'm sure it'll be way different with him, than it has been for every single HC since Mike Brown took over.

Mike Brown ruined a lot of careers in the 90s, Shula among them. I don't know that anyone succeeds at that point in time, Brown was taking equity out of the team after his father's death and running it on a shoestring. Not really comparable to now.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-31-2019),Kingspoint (07-31-2019)

Early on when he was Bengals HC I liked his quiet but purposeful intent, and I liked his transparancy with the media.

As time went on, that was gradually replaced with that deer in the headlights Bengalized look on the sidelines and in post game that we have come to know from every Bengals HC since Sam Wyche near the end of their time here.

They look like before/after pictures of US presidents. Clearly, working for Mike Brown sucks the life right out of you, and they either go into autopilot mode, or lash out and/or quit. Much like being a Bengals fan, honestly.

But yeah, great coach, I'm sure it'll be way different with him, than it has been for every single HC since Mike Brown took over.
    I cannot agree with this.

Let's just add that it's really hard to consistently lose in today's NFL and the Bengals are still doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Let's just add that it's really hard to consistently lose in today's NFL and the Bengals are still doing it.
    I think you have to further define losing...

Last few yrs (3 seasons) have been bad to mediocre but before that we had a pretty good run of getting into the playoffs... and losing in the 1st round.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I think you have to further define losing...

Last few yrs (3 seasons) have been bad to mediocre but before that we had a pretty good run of getting into the playoffs... and losing in the 1st round.
    The last time the Bengals won a playoff game was 1990. The year Paul Brown died.

AMAZING, that darn string of bad luck they've been having since then.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot agree with this.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Mike Brown ruined a lot of careers in the 90s, Shula among them. I don't know that anyone succeeds at that point in time, Brown was taking equity out of the team after his father's death and running it on a shoestring. Not really comparable to now.
    It is though, because of revenue sharing. Mike Brown can do the absolute bare minimum when it comes to non-cap related expenditures, and he always gets his 1/32 equal cut of the owners share.

I say non-cap because NFL actually had to make a rule requiring teams to spend up close to the cap every year.

The Mike Brown rule.

Now... you would think such a rule would never need to be made, with every team trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the Salary Cap.

But, you know... Mike Brown.

Turn Off Ads?