Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Refresh my memory but why did Mack Wilson who many pegged to the Bengals in the second round fall all the way to the 5th?

Two picks tonight for the Browns.
    Browns took the opening drive and scored a td. Nothing else matters (except to avoid injuries).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Refresh my memory but why did Mack Wilson who many pegged to the Bengals in the second round fall all the way to the 5th?

Two picks tonight for the Browns.
    Good question. I don't recall the tv folks making much noise about his drop.
    Fiat justitia ruat caleum. Nolo timere. Laus Deo.

I know there are rumors going around about a Gio trade, anyone see any speculation even on what they might be going after? He's out tomorrow night with no injury, so it feels like they are making sure he doesn't get hurt before a deal.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I know there are rumors going around about a Gio trade, anyone see any speculation even on what they might be going after? He's out tomorrow night with no injury, so it feels like they are making sure he doesn't get hurt before a deal.
    I think they said he's nursing a minor hamstring injury. Most of the reports I'd seen suggested he's more likely to sign a (rare for a RB) third contract with the Bengals rather than a trade. I think people saw his agent was in town and assumed that meant a trade, but I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I think they said he's nursing a minor hamstring injury. Most of the reports I'd seen suggested he's more likely to sign a (rare for a RB) third contract with the Bengals rather than a trade. I think people saw his agent was in town and assumed that meant a trade, but I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.
    Ah interesting, I thought maybe the Oklahoma back being healthy sooner than they expected might have made it even more likely. That's a bummer to hear, not because I want to lose Gio, but I thought maybe they could grab a project O-lineman or something else that might fill a hole.
    “When I use a word,” Trumpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Trumpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

So, I suppose he goes to the Patriots and catches 60 passes for 1000 yds and 8 TD's?

- - - Updated - - -

Can't imagine Gio netting more than a 6th or future (2021+) 5th.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Ah interesting, I thought maybe the Oklahoma back being healthy sooner than they expected might have made it even more likely. That's a bummer to hear, not because I want to lose Gio, but I thought maybe they could grab a project O-lineman or something else that might fill a hole.
    Yeah I can understand on paper why it makes sense, but as you know, the Bengals really value loyalty, players who do things the right way and are good in the locker room. Gio is one of those guys.

On the bright side, I can't imagine a RB his age coming off a couple years of small production has much value - probably a project, as you said. If that's the case, I'm fine holding on to him as insurance if Mixon goes down again and because I think the new coaching staff will find ways to get him more reps than he's had the past two years.

9. Likes:

Redsfaithful (08-10-2019),RiverRat13 (08-10-2019)

I wonder what the o/u is on B'gals injuries in this game. :-/

After his efforts tonight I am hoping they find some burn for Auden Tate...

Finley looked good as well...Driskel needs to go tomorrow.

The D is still pretty bad.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Seemed fine. TD first offensive drive with half the starters not playing. Auden Tate flashed. Lot to worry about, but there was a lot to worry about going in, not much changed.

14. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-12-2019),Kingspoint (08-11-2019)

Winning is fun.

Crazy to see how bad the LB play was last night considering how much they invested at that position in the offseason... oh, that's right, they didn't invest jack at that position in the offseason.

16. Likes:

North (08-11-2019),Tony Cloninger (08-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Crazy to see how bad the LB play was last night considering how much they invested at that position in the offseason... oh, that's right, they didn't invest jack at that position in the offseason.
    Meanwhile Devin Bush looks like a star...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

As much as I think the Bengals and the Brown family fail this season, (I really am a Bengals fan), I wouldn't take too much out of this first preseason game. I typically wait until after the 3rd to make any kind of measured prediction about the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Well, getting that blocking tight end in the 2nd round before somebody scooped him up in the 4th was a big priority.

20. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-11-2019)

Turn Off Ads?