Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

Re: Nick Senzel

I'm sure it can happen but too often we hear of teams "ruining" players. I mean, a guy like Stubbs has his defense built in so that really wasn't the issue. At that point it is simply up to Stubbs to swing the bat well. If the teams tinkers with adjustments ultimately it is on the player to figure out what works for him. His job is simple - go to the plate and produce.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-13-2019),Edd Roush (11-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    oh cool, we’re comparing Senzel to Drew Stubbs again.
    I like to think of it as Six Degrees of Ben Grieve.

5. Likes:

North (12-06-2019),Old school 1983 (11-13-2019),Wonderful Monds (11-13-2019)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    ·
    58m
    Nick Senzel remains on track to play at the start of the 2020 season, and he plans to revert to his old swing after his end-of-year struggles

7. Likes:

North (12-06-2019),RED VAN HOT (12-07-2019),reds77 (12-07-2019),Tuff Nut (12-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    I think too much has been expected from him. I also do not think he is as talented as people thought he was. He seems like a solid player but not a superstar. Being a righty will keep him from being great offensive player. His not that good at hitting right handers. He has a lot of Drew Stubbs in him. Injuries are definately a concern in possibly derailing his career.
    The Reds need to be patient with Senzel. Not all people start off as stars. An example for the Indians was Carlos Carrasco. He would show signs but never would be consistent. They did not give up on him when he was out of options. The moved him to the bullpen where the light went off and success came. Then he was moved back to the starting rotation and continued to achieve success. Fans and teams need to learn more patience.
    Last edited by Tribe Guy; 12-07-2019 at 12:23 AM.

9. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (12-07-2019),Old school 1983 (12-07-2019),RedlegJake (12-07-2019),Ron Madden (12-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    ·
    58m
    Nick Senzel remains on track to play at the start of the 2020 season, and he plans to revert to his old swing after his end-of-year struggles
    I think this is a good move on his part.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...as/4360839002/

I’m sure there were many reason that Turner Ward got canned, but I can’t help but wonder if Senzels struggles after his adjustment ended up being the killing blow.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

12. Likes:

JaxRed (12-07-2019)

'on track to play at the start of the season' sounds like he will miss significant parts of spring training (unless i'm reading too much into that). if he misses most or all of spring training, he won't be the opening day centerfielder most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    'on track to play at the start of the season' sounds like he will miss significant parts of spring training (unless i'm reading too much into that). if he misses most or all of spring training, he won't be the opening day centerfielder most likely.
    Reds center fielder Nick Senzel recently heard what he hoped to hear from team medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek. Senzel is making good progress in his rehabilitation from right shoulder surgery and is on track to be ready in time for Spring Training.
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-s...ry-update-2020

15. Likes:

marcshoe (12-08-2019),North (12-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    I know what you mean.. Alex Wood was on track to be ready by Spring training last year too.
    I hope Senzel is healthy now, but the Reds have BSed so much on health reports over the last 20 years, I will believe it when I see it.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Nick is currently 0 for his last 21. Hasn’t gotten on base once in that stretch and doesn’t look good doing it. I know he isn’t the only guy struggling but he’s been quite the disappointment so far. He’s been pretty much invisible all year besides 3 games. Obviously it’s still quite early but we’re not seeing improvement at all. If anything he seems to have regressed since he was in the minors and even when he first came up. Maybe that shoulder injury destroyed his ability to hit? Idk. What should the Reds do with this guy?

18. Likes:

DocRed (04-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Nick is currently 0 for his last 21. Hasn’t gotten on base once in that stretch and doesn’t look good doing it. I know he isn’t the only guy struggling but he’s been quite the disappointment so far. He’s been pretty much invisible all year besides 3 games. Obviously it’s still quite early but we’re not seeing improvement at all. If anything he seems to have regressed since he was in the minors and even when he first came up. Maybe that shoulder injury destroyed his ability to hit? Idk. What should the Reds do with this guy?
    I thought he looked better last night. He just missed a dead center HR (101 mph) and had another deep flyout he just missed (95 mph).
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

20. Likes:

ochoa30 (04-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    At this point they are stuck with him for better or for worse. Should have traded him last offseason.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe Guy View Post
    The Reds need to be patient with Senzel. Not all people start off as stars. An example for the Indians was Carlos Carrasco. He would show signs but never would be consistent. They did not give up on him when he was out of options. The moved him to the bullpen where the light went off and success came. Then he was moved back to the starting rotation and continued to achieve success. Fans and teams need to learn more patience.
    It's telling that this post was from 2019.

Years ago, pre-internet, the beginning of the baseball season meant the full month of April. Typically, a guy was excused for a “bad April” because the season was still young. Even “second half players” were pretty common and tolerated.

Senzel has all of 46 PAs this season. He has been unable to stay on the field and needs continuous playing time. Let him be.

24. Likes:

ochoa30 (04-21-2021),Roy Tucker (04-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Years ago, pre-internet, the beginning of the baseball season meant the full month of April. Typically, a guy was excused for a “bad April” because the season was still young. Even “second half players” were pretty common and tolerated.

Senzel has all of 46 PAs this season. He has been unable to stay on the field and needs continuous playing time. Let him be.
    I mostly agree but Naquin's fast start and Shogo's impending return do complicate things a bit, if he doesn't start do something with the bat he's probably gonna have to mostly play off the bench to get those two playing time.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

26. Likes:

ochoa30 (04-21-2021)

Turn Off Ads?