Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 138

Thread: IU Football-2019

  1. #106
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,983

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I forgot about Schnell honestly. Gonso lead IU to the rose bowl and is still in the top 10 in many categories and played during an era of run first football so he’s gotta be in the conversation. There are a lot of people on this board who never saw Bench but they know he’s the greatest catcher ever.
    All of the QBs mentioned, including Randle El, played in run first eras. And, of course, Gonso should be in the conversation. All I'm saying is that I cannot fairly judge him because I never saw him play. I can just go by the opinion of those who remember Gonso -- my Father, for one -- who believe that (A) ARE was the best IU QB and (B) Penix has a chance to be the best IU QB to suit up for the program when all is said and done.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    All of the QBs mentioned, including Randle El, played in run first eras. And, of course, Gonso should be in the conversation. All I'm saying is that I cannot fairly judge him because I never saw him play. I can just go by the opinion of those who remember Gonso -- my Father, for one -- who believe that (A) ARE was the best IU QB and (B) Penix has a chance to be the best IU QB to suit up for the program when all is said and done.
    One thing I do know...ARE was electrifying.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  4. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,696

    Re: IU Football-2019

    This squad is legit, didn't get the W against PSU this weekend, but we were capable of pulling it off. A few odd plays/questionable calls/and a total inability to get a 3rd down stop in the 4th quarter were the difference. Very happy with the direction this team is headed. Let's pull one off against Michigan this weekend.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  5. Likes:

    *BaseClogger* (11-18-2019),Assembly Hall (11-18-2019),Hoosier Red (11-22-2019),Revering4Blue (11-18-2019)

  6. #109
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    This squad is legit, didn't get the W against PSU this weekend, but we were capable of pulling it off. A few odd plays/questionable calls/and a total inability to get a 3rd down stop in the 4th quarter were the difference. Very happy with the direction this team is headed. Let's pull one off against Michigan this weekend.
    Pretty much sums up the game and my thoughts as well. The Hoosiers are pretty dang good.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  7. Likes:

    Griffey012 (11-18-2019),Revering4Blue (11-22-2019)

  8. #110
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Big win for the program...
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  9. #111
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    585

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Big win for the program...
    I was surprised by the final score....I saw the score early and Indiana was up big, or am I mistaken?

  10. #112
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,448

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Big win for the program...
    How so? The Hoosiers were already Bowl eligible and this was a pretty bad Purdue team. IU was a TD favorite.

  11. #113
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How so? The Hoosiers were already Bowl eligible and this was a pretty bad Purdue team. IU was a TD favorite.
    1st time with 8 wins since '93. Haven't had 9 since '67. Rarified air for IU football.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  12. Likes:

    BillDoran (12-02-2019),GAC (12-06-2019),Griffey012 (12-02-2019),Revering4Blue (12-01-2019)

  13. #114
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I was surprised by the final score....I saw the score early and Indiana was up big, or am I mistaken?
    IU jumped out to a 14-0 lead...but that is as big as it was. Didn't help that the Hoosiers normally reliable kicker missed 3 FG's.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. Likes:

    Griffey012 (12-02-2019),Revering4Blue (12-01-2019)

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,696

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    1st time with 8 wins since '93. Haven't had 9 since '67. Rarified air for IU football.
    If they can get to 9, they could sneak into the back end of the top 25 to end the season.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  16. #116
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    If they can get to 9, they could sneak into the back end of the top 25 to end the season.
    That is what I am hoping/praying for. They are poised for a couple years of success with the current roster.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  17. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (12-04-2019)

  18. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,696

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That is what I am hoping/praying for. They are poised for a couple years of success with the current roster.
    Definitely. Very young team, lot of impacts players who are fresh/sophs. Based on the Purdue game Depth Chart they started 6 seniors. Two of those were replaceable WRs.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  19. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (12-04-2019)

  20. #118
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Definitely. Very young team, lot of impacts players who are fresh/sophs. Based on the Purdue game Depth Chart they started 6 seniors. Two of those were replaceable WRs.
    They are stacked...barring injuries or transfers.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  21. #119
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,448

    Re: IU Football-2019

    What's the word on Bowl destinations for the Hoosiers? Music City? Quicklane Bowl? Armed Forces Bowl?

  22. #120
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: IU Football-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's the word on Bowl destinations for the Hoosiers? Music City? Quicklane Bowl? Armed Forces Bowl?
    Music City is the one I see mentioned the most. Personally I would love to play on New Year's Day.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator