Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Games 5/9/19

Minor League Games 5/9/19

Some notable things happening this evening.

Vlad Gutierrez is not getting lit up for once, he's through 5 innings with 1 run (solo HR) against him. While it's obviously discouraging how he's been kicked around in AAA so far I think it's worth remembering he had similar dire struggles in AA last year before righting the ship. Hopefully that's the case here as well.

Brian O'Grady has two more base knocks.

Jose Siri is 2-2 with a double and a stolen base for Chattanooga (still keep wanting to say Pensacola). TJ Friedl has a double and stole home. Tejay Antone has spun five scoreless so far. The man of the hour around here, Alfredo Rodriguez, is not in the lineup tonight.

Stuart Fairchild exorcized some demons with a first inning grand slam for the Tortugas, his first HR of the year. Been a very rough start for the Wake Forest product, hopefully a sign here that he's starting to come around.

Speaking of first HRs of the year, Jose Garcia hit his first tonight as well.

Packy Naughton is through 6 innings on 76 pitches for Daytona and has allowed just a run.

Dayton is the only game where nothing much has happened yet, the Dragons trail 3-0 in the 2nd.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Games 5/9/19

Antone was relieved after 6 perfect innings.

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-09-2019),Kingspoint (05-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Antone was relieved after 6 perfect innings.
    I bet he was !!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

7. Likes:

Benihana (05-10-2019),M2 (05-09-2019),mace (05-09-2019),RiverRat13 (05-10-2019),Tony Cloninger (05-09-2019)

Dayton, chip off the old block, is hitless in the 8th.

Update: Miguel Hernandez broke it up leading off the ninth.
    Last edited by mace; 05-09-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Brian O'Grady has two more base knocks.
    And 3 SB. We cannot prove Notorious B.O.G. is not the dopest player on the planet at this moment.

Packy Naughton is through 6 innings on 76 pitches for Daytona and has allowed just a run.
    He's like the only cone at the ice cream shop this season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

While April was as ugly as one can get regarding Starting Pitching, I like the idea I had. Forget it ever happened and start the season May 1st.

That idea's working out pretty good so far as we're averaging about one good start per day in May. That's leaps and bounds better than it was. Maybe in another week we can average two per day from the Minor Leagues.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    While April was as ugly as one can get regarding Starting Pitching, I like the idea I had. Forget it ever happened and start the season May 1st.

That idea's working out pretty good so far as we're averaging about one good start per day in May. That's leaps and bounds better than it was. Maybe in another week we can average two per day from the Minor Leagues.
    What they can't forget is they need to import young pitching.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    What they can't forget is they need to import young pitching.
    Josiah Gray

We might want to talk at some point about how bad Sal Romano has been as a reliever in Triple A so far. I wonder if its a case where he felt he belonged in the bigs and is not taking kindly to being back down in the sticks, and as a reliever to boot, and his performance is suffering as a result.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Josiah Gray
    I remember being upset when the Reds traded Buddy Carlyle.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

We might want to talk at some point about how bad Sal Romano has been as a reliever in Triple A so far. I wonder if its a case where he felt he belonged in the bigs and is not taking kindly to being back down in the sticks, and as a reliever to boot, and his performance is suffering as a result.
    The silver lining is that he has that 10.31 K rate, but that 4.91 BB rate is certainly killing him. I hope that comes down over time, and his peripherals say he deserves better than his 6.38 ERA. A 57% LOB rate will do that to you, I guess.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-10-2019)

Turn Off Ads?