Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Trammell

Taylor Trammell

This is now the official thread of our prized ofer. Great OBP, approach, tools, and a great kid. Needs to cut down on the Ks and show some in game power.
    Elite athlete, solid instincts, weak arm, but plenty rangy enough for center or left field.
    Great frame, will be an upper level MLB athlete his whole career.
    My closest comp is Carl Crawford. The frame and football background are undeniable. As is the throwing arm. I have Trammell with a better approach/patience, on base skills and a little more home run power(although this may be due to the game today). Crawford was probably a little more electric with his speed and the dude just didn’t K much. If he can have a Crawford like career we are in for a treat.
    My favorite thing about TT is how old school he is. He is all about baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Taylor Trammell

The batting eye still has me very optimistic.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    My closest comp is Carl Crawford. The frame and football background are undeniable. As is the throwing arm. I have Trammell with a better approach/patience, on base skills and a little more home run power(although this may be due to the game today). Crawford was probably a little more electric with his speed and the dude just didn’t K much. If he can have a Crawford like career we are in for a treat.
    I have often pondered a Curtis Granderson comp but have not bothered to research it.

I keep waiting for him to turn it around but no dice. Everybody on the team hit tonight except him. 2 more Ks

Nobody in AA appears to be having a good season offensively until you compare them to the league average. The average ops in the Southern League is .664. Now compare that to the .782 average ops in the International league where the Bats play. The Lookouts have the second highest team ops out of the 10 teams in the league. Trammell is still nearly 60 points above the league average despite being 3 years younger than league average. I'll start to worry if his ops is in the low 700's after a long stint in AAA.

7. Likes:

BillDoran (05-24-2019),malcontent (05-24-2019),membengal (05-23-2019),RiverRat13 (05-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Nobody in AA appears to be having a good season offensively until you compare them to the league average. The average ops in the Southern League is .664. Now compare that to the .782 average ops in the International league where the Bats play. The Lookouts have the second highest team ops out of the 10 teams in the league. Trammell is still nearly 60 points above the league average despite being 3 years younger than league average. I'll start to worry if his ops is in the low 700's after a long stint in AAA.
    None of that has to do with all the Ks. It excuses the flea like power but not strikeouts.

I honestly think you should pick another sport to follow.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-24-2019),Bourgeois Zee (06-04-2019),corkedbat (05-23-2019),HammerTime (05-23-2019),Hillsdale87 (06-04-2019),membengal (05-24-2019),TRF (05-23-2019)

None of that has to do with all the Ks. It excuses the flea like power but not strikeouts.
    His K% is less than 2pts. higher than last year's. And his BB% is nearly 6% up over last season. I would chill on the TT attacks, he's due for a hot streak.

If you want point out alarming K% trends I would focus on Jose Siri, who's 2 years older and repeating his current level and still can't get his K% below 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    His K% is less than 2pts. higher than last year's. And his BB% is nearly 6% up over last season. I would chill on the TT attacks, he's due for a hot streak.

If you want point out alarming K% trends I would focus on Jose Siri, who's 2 years older and repeating his current level and still can't get his K% below 30%.
    Trammell's prospect helium from last summer and offseason top 20 rankings put him a little more under the microscope.

3 more Ks on an 0-3 night with a walk.

Thank you for your support.

15. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (05-26-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

ok

Here we go! Bomb and a steal tonight so far

I know it's hard with Siri on the roster, but it's disappointing to see Trammell playing exclusively LF this year. Don't know if that is an indication of the Reds' confidence in his arm being able to play in CF going forward, or it's merely respect for Siri's status as a potential gold glove CF, but I'd like to see TT at least getting some CF reps.
    Go BLUE!!!

Beni - I may be wrong but I believe I had read for years he doesn’t have the arm for CF and is destined for a corner spot. The comp of Carl Crawford for him works on that level too.

Btw, the reds have a really good CFer at GABP now. And he’s young.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?