Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 227

Thread: Taylor Trammell

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    987

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I remember when we went through this when Winker started off even slower in AA, he had a sub .700 OPS this time in 2015. I never get why people let themselves get so down on a good prospect because of 100 PAs or whatever.
    Well Jesse is a platoon player now, so maybe not the best example.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Wait... What? Vander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    858

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lol, thats an example of losing ones mind? Nah

    I am not writing him off in the slightest, he can regain value.

    People were expecting him to be a consensus top 10-15 prospect at the halfway point this season. You cant tell me with a straight face thats going to happen now.
    .
    *puts on straight face*

    I think if an industry source believed that Trammell was a consensus top 10-15 prospect in the game before the season, he most likely holds him in the same regard now. If that source believed he was in a teir below that group, he probably feels the same right now.

    Now, if you're saying you were expecting him to increase his value, then no, he hasn't done that either.

  4. #63
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,580

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    *puts on straight face*

    I think if an industry source believed that Trammell was a consensus top 10-15 prospect in the game before the season, he most likely holds him in the same regard now. If that source believed he was in a teir below that group, he probably feels the same right now.

    Now, if you're saying you were expecting him to increase his value, then no, he hasn't done that either.
    We shall see where he falls pretty soon here in the midseason lists.

    If he’s in the top 25 I’ll be fairly shocked.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  5. #64
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,580

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Tramm update:

    0-4 tonight.

    He scored a run, but not sure how he got on as he didn’t walk. Must be a FC or HBP.

    Hopefully he gets a couple hits in his next couple of at bats so he doesn’t dip below .700 OPS.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  6. #65
    Wait... What? Vander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    858

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    We shall see where he falls pretty soon here in the midseason lists.

    If he’s in the top 25 I’ll be fairly shocked.
    "Top 25" is not really important. They're in tiers, but one guy ranked 30th can be just as valuable as a guy ranked 50th. Look at his future value (fv). If that changes, I'll be shocked.

  7. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    987

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Tramm update:

    0-4 tonight.

    He scored a run, but not sure how he got on as he didn’t walk. Must be a FC or HBP.

    Hopefully he gets a couple hits in his next couple of at bats so he doesn’t dip below .700 OPS.
    Down to 238. Not sure the league is an excuse anymore as their are 5 or 6 guys in his lineup with better Ops. If trends continue Alfredo Rodriguez will catch him

  8. #67
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,304

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    To quote Assembly Hall:

    And Jonathan India says hello.
    I have some doubts about India (still do, and he's about a year older than Trammell!) but I never freaked out or said he’s lost all value or anything. And I distanced myself from whoever that guy was who called him a bust while you and the immortal Alabama seem on the same page here in practically throwing in the towel on Trammell.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 06-05-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  9. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    4,994

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    I guess that a prospect is not legitimate unless he goes out and OPS’s 1.000 for four straight seasons in the minors.
    I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast. Eddie Bane

    We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it. Tony Gwynn

  10. #69
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,580

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I have some doubts about India (still do, and he's about a year older than Trammell!) but I never freaked out or said he’s lost all value or anything. And I distanced myself from whoever that guy was who called him a bust while you and the immortal Alabama seem on the same page here in practically throwing in the towel on Trammell.
    None of this is true about my stance on Tram
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  11. #70
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,580

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    I guess that a prospect is not legitimate unless he goes out and OPS’s 1.000 for four straight seasons in the minors.

    Litetally nobody is saying anything remotely like this.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  12. #71
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,688

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    The concern about Trammell is that maybe he was over-rated in the first place. His performance in the low minors was fueled largely by BABIP numbers of .396, .345 and .358. This year it's still a strong .317, but still quite a drop. The lower BABIP is resulting in lower batting average and lower slugging percentage numbers. His BA is down .034 points from last year and his slugging is down .063 points. His walk rate is improved and his K Rate is about the same and so is his Line Drive rate. I do think he'll add some power as he ages, but if the BABIP stays in this more realistic range, it's possible that he just isn't the player he seemed to be based off of his low minors numbers.


    One thing I wonder about is whether he's experimenting with launch angle in an attempt to add more power. His Ground ball percentage has dropped and his fly ball rate has increased. His IFFB rate is up significantly. Seems like he's trying to hit the ball in the air more and is popping up a lot. That could just be temporary while he adjusts and when the adjustment is complete, an increase in power should more than offset the lower BABIP level that could easily be more what we should expect. .

    I didn't drop Trammell in my rankings, but India jumped ahead of him based on his performance to date with more power and a higher BA. I love Trammell's speed, but assuming other factors aren't out of line (like K rate which is roughly the same for the two of them) I'll take the guy with twice as many extra base hits every time.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-05-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  13. #72
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,580

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    I also think there is less wiggle room as a LF. It’s pretty clear Tramm is not a CF, he NEEDS to hit for power to be an elite LF prospect.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  14. #73
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,424

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Carl Crawford (Rays version) was always the top comp for me. Jasons Heyward maybe next, but more speed and less arm. Put me down in the not concerned/still a believer camp for Trammell.
    I guess I never realized Trammell was supposed to be that fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  15. #74
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,304

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    One thing I wonder about is whether he's experimenting with launch angle in an attempt to add more power. His Ground ball percentage has dropped and his fly ball rate has increased. His IFFB rate is up significantly. Seems like he's trying to hit the ball in the air more and is popping up a lot. That could just be temporary while he adjusts and when the adjustment is complete, an increase in power should more than offset the lower BABIP level that could easily be more what we should expect. .
    FWIW, saw a guy on Twitter who offers his insights on minor league talent say exactly this, that Trammell is working out the kinks of a new swing.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  16. Likes:

    mth123 (06-05-2019)

  17. #75
    Wait... What? Vander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    858

    Re: Taylor Trammell

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    FWIW, saw a guy on Twitter who offers his insights on minor league talent say exactly this, that Trammell is working out the kinks of a new swing.
    That would explain the slump and his underlying statistics for this season.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator