Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My dad’s in the hospital...doesn’t look good.

Re: My dad’s in the hospital...doesn’t look good.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Thanks so much everyone. He passed about a half hour ago.
    Bless his soul.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So sorry to hear of your loss ORH, I hope the positive memories help ease the pain over time.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, I just got home. We had the funeral yesterday in Cimarron, New Mexico and flew back today. We flew out of Denver, which is 270 miles away because there weren’t any reasonably priced flights from closer cities. It’s been a rough few days, and now I’m back home ready to get back into the routine, but with still a big empty hole inside. I said some words, played an instrumental piece, and sang at the funeral, barely getting through it without losing it. Thanks for all the kind words and the prayers. I really appreciate it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

5. Likes:

919191 (05-21-2019),BillDoran (05-21-2019),bounty37h (05-29-2019),dubc47834 (05-27-2019),marcshoe (05-19-2019),ochoa30 (05-22-2019),RedEye (05-21-2019)

Thinking of you and your family, ORH. Very sorry for your loss.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Well, I just got home. We had the funeral yesterday in Cimarron, New Mexico and flew back today. We flew out of Denver, which is 270 miles away because there weren’t any reasonably priced flights from closer cities. It’s been a rough few days, and now I’m back home ready to get back into the routine, but with still a big empty hole inside. I said some words, played an instrumental piece, and sang at the funeral, barely getting through it without losing it. Thanks for all the kind words and the prayers. I really appreciate it.
    Just curious, did he ever read any of your books?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Just curious, did he ever read any of your books?
    One of them. Out of Time, the sci fi comedy one.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-22-2019),Sea Ray (05-22-2019)

Just remember the good times and the good memories and he'll live on with you. I still picture my grandpa sitting in his chair watching WVU football or Cincinnati baseball and he's been gone 15 years. I still miss him but just sort of learn to go on without him.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

So sorry for your loss my friend.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Very sorry for your loss, ORH.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?