Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Re: Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

3-6 this hole - that’s a double bogey. That’s...bad.

Now +7 on the year after seven holes.

Sigh.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    3-6 this hole - that’s a double bogey. That’s...bad.

Now +7 on the year after seven holes.

Sigh.
    Looks like we are missing the cut again. SIGH
    Crazy Reds Fan

I’m glad we don’t have any players named Rory

Hole 1: 1-8 --- the dreaded snowman (+4 overall )
    Hole 2: 5-4 ---Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 6-12)
    Hole 3: 5-4 --- Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 11-16)
    Hole 4: 4-5 --- Bogey (+5 overall) (Real life record: 15-21)
    Hole 5: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 20-25)
    Hole 6: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 25-29)
    Hole 7: 3-6 --- Double Bogey (+7 overall) (Real life record 28-35 - blech)

Hole 8 is one at the phillies (got that one at least), two at Cleveland, 3 at home vs. Rangers, and 3 at home vs. Astros. That's...ALSO a very challenging hole. Don't look at how hot the Rangers have been, and the Astros are, well, their usual selves.
    Last edited by membengal; 06-10-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

By the way, "pars" on the remaining 11 holes (5-4 records for each set of nine games played) would get them to 83 wins. Problem is, they have not shown ability to rack up that many pars in a row, and what break up their pars are bogeys or worse. Right now they are on a 73-89 pace which would be...disappointing if it went that direction. They are putting another 90-loss season in play.
    Last edited by membengal; 06-10-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Hole 8 is one at the phillies (got that one at least), two at Cleveland, 3 at home vs. Rangers, and 3 at home vs. Astros. That's...ALSO a very challenging hole. Don't look at how hot the Rangers have been, and the Astros are, well, their usual selves.
    With two games left on this "hole" - they stand at 4-3 so far -- with a bogey, a par, or a birdie possible. Course, they only have to beat Verlander and Cole for the birdie so...let's assume they are staring at a 75-footer with a significant break downhill on this putt...

With two games left on this "hole" - they stand at 4-3 so far -- with a bogey, a par, or a birdie possible. Course, they only have to beat Verlander and Cole for the birdie so...let's assume they are staring at a 75-footer with a significant break downhill on this putt...
    Let's also say it's 3 feet off the green and they are getting the wedge out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Ooohhhh it’s on a good line...

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-19-2019),WrongVerb (06-19-2019)

"It's in the hole!"
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

12. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (06-19-2019),Ron Madden (06-19-2019),StRedlegs900 (06-19-2019),WrongVerb (06-19-2019)

Well.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-19-2019)

Hole 8: 6-3! A birdie! And an improbable one at that - needing four in a row to get there, and sweeping the Astros!

Hole 1: 1-8 --- the dreaded snowman (+4 overall )
    Hole 2: 5-4 ---Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 6-12)
    Hole 3: 5-4 --- Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 11-16)
    Hole 4: 4-5 --- Bogey (+5 overall) (Real life record: 15-21)
    Hole 5: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 20-25)
    Hole 6: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 25-29)
    Hole 7: 3-6 --- Double Bogey (+7 overall) (Real life record 28-35 - blech)
    Hole 8: 6-3 --- Birdie (+6 overall) (Real life record 34-38)

Hole 9 is 4 at the Brewers, 2 at the Angels and 3 at home to the Cubs. Man oh man would now be a GREAT time for them to get on a roll. A sweep like that and a win like that to do it feels like a great way to enter this stretch.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-19-2019),Ron Madden (06-19-2019)

Well.

That's the best shot I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Sign of a good player to follow a Double-Bogey with an improbable Birdie.

I go away for vacation and the reds drive it into the rough and behind some trees. Yeesh.

Needing two of three just to bogey.

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-28-2019)

I go away for vacation and the reds drive it into the rough and behind some trees. Yeesh.

Needing two of three just to bogey.
    So, you're saying Par is possible.

Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, you're saying Par is possible.
    As improbable as the birdie from last hole, but possible. When they started this hole 2-0 I didn’t see the hole veering this way.

Turn Off Ads?