Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Re: Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Hole 5 - PAR. 5-4 record.

Season golf record remains +5. (the quadruple bogey on opening hole, one bogey and 3 pars)

Real life record after 45 games is 20-25.

Hole 6 is nasty - nine games is two against Dodgers at home, two against Brewers on road, 3 against Cubs on road and the day night DH against the Pirates on Memorial Day. Need to get the tee shot into the fairway, otherwise all sorts of trouble on this hole.
    So, they've played well since the opening hole. Avoid Bogey's the rest of the way and sprinkle in some Birdie's and an Eagle or two, and I like our chances of winning the Division.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (06-01-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

4-3 on this hole so far / tomorrow with the day night double header this hole could go birdie, par or bogey.

Big day.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-27-2019)

Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Hole 6 — PAR (5-4 record).

Season golf score is still +5 (quadruple bogey on hole one, a bogey and now four pars among the other five holes).

Real life record 25-29.

Hole 7 is two at home vs pirates, three at home against Nats, three on road against cards and one on road against Phillies.
    Last edited by membengal; 05-28-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-28-2019)

Scorecard through six holes:

Hole 1: 1-8 --- the dreaded snowman (+4 overall )
    Hole 2: 5-4 ---Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 6-12)
    Hole 3: 5-4 --- Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 11-16_
    Hole 4: 4-5 --- Bogey (+5 overall) (Real life record: 15-21)
    Hole 5: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 20-25)
    Hole 6: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 25-29)

Scorecard through six holes:

Hole 1: 1-8 --- the dreaded snowman (+4 overall )
    Hole 2: 5-4 ---Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 6-12)
    Hole 3: 5-4 --- Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 11-16_
    Hole 4: 4-5 --- Bogey (+5 overall) (Real life record: 15-21)
    Hole 5: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 20-25)
    Hole 6: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 25-29)
    Some perspective. Par equals 90 wins. If the Reds par out from here, that equates to an 85 win season. Probably short of the play-offs, but probably in excess of most expectations.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Yup - (winky emoji) - covered that in the first post.

Off to a 2-1 start on hole 7 - would love the W tomorrow to give them a leg up on a run at a birdie.

Unless Oregon State can rally from 3 down with 3 innings left with a group that's been struggling to score runs, they are going to be the only one of the 16 Regional #1 Seeds to lose the Opening game.

- - - Updated - - -

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

3-3 on hole 7 so far - double - bogey to birdie on the table over the next three games.

Hole finishes now with one in StL and two in Philly.

On a hole we desperately needed a Birdie, we need to two-putt from 75 feet just to save Par.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    On a hole we desperately needed a Birdie, we need to two-putt from 75 feet just to save Par.
    It's not ideal.

It's not ideal.
    Hope Mahle leads them to a good lag.

Lagged it past the whole and off the green.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?