Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Re: Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

End the string of Bogey's with a win tonight?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just poking head back up from vacation weekend, and see what they finished hole 12 with a par at 5-4.

Hole 1: 1-8 --- the dreaded snowman (+4 overall )
    Hole 2: 5-4 ---Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 6-12)
    Hole 3: 5-4 --- Par (+4 overall) (Real life record: 11-16)
    Hole 4: 4-5 --- Bogey (+5 overall) (Real life record: 15-21)
    Hole 5: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 20-25)
    Hole 6: 5-4 --- Par (+5 overall) (Real life record 25-29)
    Hole 7: 3-6 --- Double Bogey (+7 overall) (Real life record 28-35 - blech)
    Hole 8: 6-3 --- Birdie (+6 overall) (Real life record 34-38)
    Hole 9: 4-5 --- Bogey (+7 overall) (Real life record 38-43)
    Hole 10: 4-5 --- Bogey (+8 overall) (Real life record 42-48 - blech again)
    Hole 11: 4-5 --- Bogey (+9 overall) (Real life record 46-53 - still blech)
    Hole 12: 5-4 --- Par (+9 overall) (Real life record 51-57 - still blech)

The 13th hole unfolds thusly: 2 at Braves (1-1 as I am late getting this up), 2 at home to the Angels, 4 at home to the Cubs, 1 at the Nats. We remain in the portion of the festivities where they really need to put together a 7-2 or 8-1 stretch if they want to make August and September even remotely relevant for 2019. And this is another brutal hole, really. Course is playing hella tough this year.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Just poking head back up from vacation weekend, and see what they finished hole 12 with a par at 5-4.

The 13th hole unfolds thusly: 2 at Braves (1-1 as I am late getting this up), 2 at home to the Angels, 4 at home to the Cubs, 1 at the Nats. We remain in the portion of the festivities where they really need to put together a 7-2 or 8-1 stretch if they want to make August and September even remotely relevant for 2019. And this is another brutal hole, really. Course is playing hella tough this year.
    Yep, yep, yep.

Just booked a couple of dates in Seattle Sep 11-13, hoping that after the Sep 12th game, they are within 2 games of a playoff spot. Put together back-to-back Eagle-Birdie-Birdie (in any order) and that should get them within 3-4 games of a playoff spot. That's 19-7 over the next 26 games. Very possible. Then there's still another 7-10 games to go before they face the Mariners Sep 10-12.

I don't think they need a Double-Eagle, yet. Just keep posting Birdie or better over the next four holes.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yep, yep, yep.

Just booked a couple of dates in Seattle Sep 11-13, hoping that after the Sep 12th game, they are within 2 games of a playoff spot. Put together back-to-back Eagle-Birdie-Birdie (in any order) and that should get them within 3-4 games of a playoff spot. That's 19-7 over the next 26 games. Very possible. Then there's still another 7-10 games to go before they face the Mariners Sep 10-12.

I don't think they need a Double-Eagle, yet. Just keep posting Birdie or better over the next four holes.
    I'm hoping to one of those Seattle games also. Visiting the wife's dad during that time.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm hoping to one of those Seattle games also. Visiting the wife's dad during that time.
    The Thursday game has reduced rates...$30 gets you close. Got right behind home plate on Wed for $75. Spouse and I will take public transportation up from Portland. Found a place downtown with an outdoor pool and hottub for $110 (Best Western). Hoping for hot as can be. I get the REDS for us. She gets the rest of our time.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-05-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Reds Season as Golf Thread ---2019 Version

Hole 13 --- Par. Feels like they missed a huge birdie or even eagle chance. Gave games away on Sunday and it felt like gave one away on Monday. Problems with the putter. Been there.

Hole 13 5-4 --- Par (+9 overall)(real life record 56-61 - still blech)

The 14th hole unfolds thusly: 2 at Nationals (0-1 so far after last night), 4 at home versus the Cardinals, 3 at home versus the Padres. That elusive 7-2 or 8-1 stretch to vault into true contention? Illusory.

By the way, that 1-8 stretch to start the season after the first nine games? It really effectively ruined things. Something to keep in mind for next year. Starts matter a little, maybe.
    Last edited by membengal; 08-14-2019 at 10:38 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

9. Likes:

Big Klu (08-14-2019)

Guess we need that double-eagle now.

Today is for either a bogey or watching it lip out for a double bogey...

Hole 14 --- Bogey. Clubs starting to feel heavy as we lug the bag through the back nine. Kinda want to just stagger to the clubhouse, but feel duty bound to keep playing on. Could use the beverage cart to wander by, maybe.

Hole 13 5-4 --- Par (+9 overall)(real life record 56-61 - still blech)
    Hole 14: 4-5 --- Bogey (+10 overall) real life record 60 - 66 ---all the blech)

The 15th hole unfolds thusly: 3 at the Pirates, 4 at the Marlins, 2 at the Cardinals (the last of those is first of the doubleheader).

Well, if the 15th is a par 5, I think we’ll reach the green in 2, and then 4 putt in St. Louis.

For the record, someone placed a joke ball on the tee and when the Reds hit it with the driver it exploded into a small puff of white smoke. Not very funny joke to start this 15th hole...

For the record, someone placed a joke ball on the tee and when the Reds hit it with the driver it exploded into a small puff of white smoke. Not very funny joke to start this 15th hole...
    I think last series was a snowman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think last series was a snowman.
    It has put them on that road, we had a snowman on hole 1 and it killed the season. Another snowman here would give them a legit run at a top 10 pick.

It has put them on that road, we had a snowman on hole 1 and it killed the season. Another snowman here would give them a legit run at a top 10 pick.
    Calling that start a snowman is being kind. I'd say it was more like a Laurel and Hardy.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

To put this weekend in a golf context, the Reds look like Charles Barkley with a club in his hand. Turrible..turrible.

19. Likes:

Chip R (08-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?