Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Barnhart

Re: Barnhart

Quote Originally Posted by Senzling Hot View Post
    Your narrative is always the same and tired. You add no facts to your argument and make pointless points. I for one never new where he is from. I think Major league players live off there talents and not old awards. But hey why let facts get in the middle of ur daily ***** sessions.
    Lol wut.

And I don’t think you finished the first sentence of my post “amongst fans.”

Look at post #67 a few posts before hours “But he is a gold Glover.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Everyone knew what Barnhart is. He is not great, but he is not this bad. I have fine with a critique based on stats but some crap he is playing because he is from Indiana is juvenile.
    The point with where he is from and his GG had to do with why he isn’t being critiqued by the FANS.

But either way, I don’t even post on the ORG much anymore.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The point with where he is from and his GG had to do with why he isn’t being critiqued by the FANS.

But either way, I don’t even post on the ORG much anymore.
    Fans aren't criticizing him because he is so far down on the Reds list of worries. There are only a handful of good everyday catchers offensively. This lowers the acceptable bar level. A catchers main job is handling the pitchers, and he has been more than fine.
    REDS WIN! REDS WIN!

Everyone knew what Barnhart is. He is not great, but he is not this bad. I have fine with a critique based on stats but some crap he is playing because he is from Indiana is juvenile.
    I disagree with you.....fans always have a little extra support for players from their local region. I recall when Barnhart first became the catcher, it was often mentioned that he was an Indianapolis guy which is partially a Reds market. I love Scooter, but the fact that he is a Cincy born kid never hurt his story. Hell, I want us to draft Alek Manoah this year because he plays for my college. It matters to some small degree for most fans.

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I disagree with you.....fans always have a little extra support for players from their local region. I recall when Barnhart first became the catcher, it was often mentioned that he was an Indianapolis guy which is partially a Reds market. I love Scooter, but the fact that he is a Cincy born kid never hurt his story. Hell, I want us to draft Alek Manoah this year because he plays for my college. It matters to some small degree for most fans.
    In 1971, the Reds drafted Mike Miley, a high school SS from East Jefferson High School in Metairie, LA with the final pick in the first round. Miley didn't sign, and went to LSU on a football scholarship, where as a QB he led the Tigers to an Orange Bowl berth. (He was later drafted in the first round by the Angels in 1974, and had a couple of cups of coffee in the big leagues before tragically being killed in a one-car crash in Baton Rouge in January of 1977.)

Six picks after the Reds selected Miley with the 24th and final pick of the first round of the 1971 draft, the Phillies selected a Dayton native and All-American SS from Ohio University (who had grown up as a Reds fan) in the second round by the name of Mike Schmidt.

It would have been nice if the Reds had "drafted local" that year.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 05-16-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-17-2019),HokieRed (05-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    Historically, there are two positions that you afford a fair to poor hitter--shortstop and catcher. We have a better than average hitting shortstop, Iglesias. We can put up with Barnhart.
    Why put up with Barnhart, though?
    I want to see Casali, who is hitting far better, play more often.
    Why should we be putting up with a guy who is a handful of ABs away from qualifying as the second worst hitter in all of major league baseball?

10. Likes:

Rolando (05-17-2019)

Turn Off Ads?