Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Cubs 5-15-19

Re: Reds vs Cubs 5-15-19

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Where's Jim Day
    I think he might have gone to the clubhouse for interviews but I don’t really know

2. Turn Off Ads?

4. Likes:

goreds2 (05-15-2019),North (05-15-2019)

Suarez can carry this team for sure.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-15-2019),WVRedsFan (05-15-2019)

I have no visual, but I assume with Puig it was pretty enthusiastic?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Just gotta hope this gets some momentum building. Like our chances tomorrow with the ACE on the hill.
    Games like tomo are must wins to realistically contend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Joe Morgan looks and sounds good! Much better than he did last year.
    Joe won’t be around forever, but we are incredibly fortunate to have him. I could listen to him talk baseball for hours. He is a legend and still brings so much credibility as a BRM star with a knowledge of the game that is off the charts.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-16-2019),goreds2 (05-16-2019),North (05-15-2019),RedsFanInMS (05-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    Joe won’t be around forever, but we are incredibly fortunate to have him. I could listen to him talk baseball for hours. He is a legend and still brings so much credibility as a BRM star with a knowledge of the game that is off the charts.
    You are so right. Joe is a treasure.
    Last edited by North; 05-15-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    You are so right. Joe is a treasure.
    You can say that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I have no visual, but I assume with Puig it was pretty enthusiastic?
    https://www.facebook.com/Reds/videos...1273/?sfnsn=mo
    He was pretty casual about it - the bat flip in slo-mo is awesome, though
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

To revisit what I was saying the other night...Iggy pitched 1.2 innings today.

I’d try to give him a day off tomorrow. Try.

There are several situations where I would pitch him tomorrow but let’s say the Reds have a 2 run lead in the ninth. I’m sending someone else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    To revisit what I was saying the other night...Iggy pitched 1.2 innings today.

I’d try to give him a day off tomorrow. Try.

There are several situations where I would pitch him tomorrow but let’s say the Reds have a 2 run lead in the ninth. I’m sending someone else out there.
    Zach Duke obviously
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Wouldn't you know it? I was gonna watch the game, but started playing a game of online gin rummy and completely forgot about the Reds game until around midnight and decided to have a looksee just in case they might have won this one..
    I'm tellin ya..When I miss the games they win. When I watch it's usually really iffy. They haven't lost a single game I've missed watching all season. I'm the personal curse for this team. lol

I'm really hopeful this is the kind of game that can turn a season around. I think what jinxes it is when the players all act like they just won the world series after a Wednesday night game in May.. I remember when they just shook hands and went back to the dugout after winning like it was completely expected. IDK..Maybe..maybe not.
    Last edited by mamell; 05-16-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Wouldn't you know it? I was gonna watch the game, but started playing a game of online gin rummy and completely forgot about the Reds game until around midnight and decided to have a looksee just in case they might have won this one..
    I'm tellin ya..When I miss the games they win. When I watch it's usually really iffy. They haven't lost a single game I've missed watching all season. I'm the personal curse for this team. lol
    I'll have to go back and dig through my files for the data, but for 30 years I've been trying to prove a correlation between the Red's W-L record, as far as late game heroics (comebacks), and when I fall asleep!

Put this one in the Win Column. I was relaxed, watching the entire game, and actually enjoying it because it was a close game. I remember the Cubs putting the run up in the top of the 8th, that's it (LOL).

I look at the bright side .... it's great news to wake up to this morning! Let's get it rolling!

Loved reading where they intentionally walked Winker to get to Puig. Puig showed them that was a mistake.

And I just can't say enough how much of a boost Iglesias has been to this team. Wow!
    Last edited by GAC; 05-16-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

757690 (05-16-2019),goreds2 (05-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Reds/videos...1273/?sfnsn=mo
    He was pretty casual about it - the bat flip in slo-mo is awesome, though
    I love the drugbust video that follows it.

Back to Puig. With no video, I thought it was a cheap single. That was a crushing, no-doubt-about-it-Momma, blast where he stood there and watched it. That kind of stare usually earns a HBP the next day. He got a full shower. That was like a Grand Slam and on a pitch that could have been a bad. It was a good pitch that just destroyed. Puig can do that. It's why we traded for him.

Hope this does launch the team into a winning streak. They certainly needed something to stop this yoyo'ing of win-lose-win-lose.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Thom is starting to look a little old.
    Thom is same age as me. I'm looking it too.

A comeback win is always satisfying. Maybe this will get them headed in the right direction.

I'm sorry I missed Joe Morgan. We had someone in doing some work on the house and wasn't finished until around 8. I I always like listening to Morgan. He is a real treasure and we are very fortunate to have him and the others from BRM great 8 still around.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

21. Likes:

goreds2 (05-16-2019)

Turn Off Ads?