Turn Off Ads?

Thread: R.I.P. Henri Richard....one of the greatest of All-time

R.I.P. Henri Richard....one of the greatest of All-time

I would put him along Gretzky's line on my GOAT team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Richard
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

M2 (03-06-2020),Revering4Blue (03-07-2020),Roy Tucker (03-07-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: R.I.P. Henri Richard....one of the greatest of All-time

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I would put him along Gretzky's line on my GOAT team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Richard
    Sad to hear. Great player. Don't think he makes the all-time Canadiens first line (Rocket, Flower, Beliveau), but that's a difference between gods and demi-gods.
    Last edited by M2; 03-07-2020 at 02:05 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Chip R (03-09-2020),Kingspoint (03-07-2020),North (03-06-2020),Revering4Blue (03-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sad to hear. Great player. Don't think he makes the all-tie Canadiens first line (Rocket, Flower, Beliveau), but that's a difference between gods and demi-gods.
    He "only" ranked 29th on Hockey's list of the 100 greatest players of all-time. Just a personal favorite of mine, probably my favorite NHL player, though Wayne Babych is close.

15 years younger and 3 inches shorter than Rocket, his brother Maurice, he was thus, of course, Pocket Rocket. He had over 1000 career points. Rocket did not reach that number. Not saying he was better, of course, just different. Like you said, Gods and Demi-Gods.

From Wikiedia:

"He scored the Stanley Cup clinching goal at the 2:20 mark of the first overtime of Game Six in the 1966 Stanley Cup Finals against the Detroit Red Wings. In the 1971 Stanley Cup Finals, Richard scored the game-tying and Stanley Cup-winning goals in Game Seven against the Chicago Black Hawks."

Henri and Bill Russell are the only two North American athletes to win their respective league titles 11 times.

- - - Updated - - -

He was actually only 20, having been born on Leap Day.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-07-2020 at 01:45 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

Chip R (03-09-2020),M2 (03-07-2020)

The Rocket is a religion in Quebec. Not joking. People have shrines in their homes to him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Rocket is a religion in Quebec. Not joking. People have shrines in their homes to him.
    Like I said, I love Wayne Babych.

If there was a Mt. Rushmore for Hockey, Rocket is probably part of it. Don't know what monument Pocket would be...Colorado River?...always moving and twisting and never in one place.

11. Likes:

Chip R (03-09-2020)

Turn Off Ads?