Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ervin called up; Reed optioned to Louisville

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Ervin called up; Reed optioned to Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    I really hope Ervin can succeed this time up. Hopefully with Kemp out of the equation he can be more successful. This club desperately needs some pop from LF.
    Winker has 10 HR on May 18?
    sorry we're boring

2. Likes:

OGB (05-18-2019),Old school 1983 (05-18-2019),Qball (05-18-2019),Ron Madden (05-18-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    To platoon with Winker obviously

Someone explain options to me. Is there a special exception that allows the Reds to designate one guy who they allow to drive back and forth between Louisville and Cincinnati every two weeks? Given my lack of knowledge on this subject, I was under the impression that it was generally not a good idea to yo-yo a player back and forth this way. Or maybe they figure Reed has established himself enough to stay with the Reds?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Someone explain options to me. Is there a special exception that allows the Reds to designate one guy who they allow to drive back and forth between Louisville and Cincinnati every two weeks? Given my lack of knowledge on this subject, I was under the impression that it was generally not a good idea to yo-yo a player back and forth this way. Or maybe they figure Reed has established himself enough to stay with the Reds?
    You only use one option per season. When Reed was sent to AAA at the end of Spring training the Reds used an option for this year. They can use that same option to send him back and forth as much as they want all season. When they send him back, they have to wait 10 days to recall him to the 25 man roster unless there is an injury to a pitcher.

Think of an option as a hop-on/hop-off ticket on the AAA shuttle. It lasts the entire season, but you only get three of them in a lifetime. After that, you must make the player available to the other teams via waivers before removing him from the roster - which also removes him from the 40 man roster.
    Last edited by mth123; 05-19-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

7. Likes:

SunDeck (05-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Duke needs to go
    As a Carolina fan, I disliked duke from the get go...
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

9. Likes:

Hoosier Red (05-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    You only use one option per season. When Reed was sent to AAA at the end of Spring training the Reds used an option for this year. They can use that same option to send him back and forth as much as they want all season. When they send him back, they have to wait 10 days to recall him to the 25 man roster unless there is an injury to a pitcher.

Think of an option as a hop-on/hop-off ticket on the AAA shuttle. It lasts the entire season, but you only get three of them in a lifetime. After that, you must make the player available to the other teams via waivers before removing him from the roster - which also removes him from the 40 man roster.
    Think of it as an option year, not one option.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

11. Likes:

mth123 (05-19-2019)

Ervin sent back to Louisville, and Matt Bowman called up.

Let's begin THE RISE OF BOWMAN

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

Are you sure it has to be an injury to a pitcher? VanMeter got called back when a pitcher went on the IL

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I prefer the Winker that can hit for an average and take walks. Not this burgeoning Rob Deer clone.

15. Likes:

mth123 (05-25-2019)

Turn Off Ads?