Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What will Votto's performance be for the last half of this year and next yeat?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return to 2017 level

5 4.20%
  • Return to 2018 level

31 26.05%
  • Somewhere between current and 2018

55 46.22%
  • He is finished

28 23.53%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of Votto

Re: The future of Votto

Most likely, he'll end up at his 2019 level.

2. Likes:

757690 (05-20-2019),alwaysawarrior (05-22-2019),Kinsm (05-24-2019),malcontent (05-20-2019),marcshoe (05-21-2019),Red Raindog (05-21-2019),RedEye (05-21-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I see Votto being Prime Minister of Canada in his future.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Just when is the next "yeat?" Is that an annual thing? Is that a festival of choking-up, weird swinging baseball players with an excessive salary?

He will succeed Bran Stark as King.

7. Likes:

marcshoe (05-21-2019)

Glad we have to wait all week for message board poll results. I think he'll be back to 2018 levels.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

9. Likes:

HammerTime (05-21-2019)

i voted a combination of what we're seeing this year and last year. i don't think we'll ever see anything close to 2017 production levels again from votto. i would love to be wrong on that. but we are now approaching 1.5 years of his power being completely zapped.

I think he'll fall short of 2018 levels. His days of 3.5 WAR yrs are over. The question then becomes how far will he dip and what will 2020 look like?

12. Likes:

Redeye fly (05-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedForLife View Post
    Just when is the next "yeat?" Is that an annual thing? Is that a festival of choking-up, weird swinging baseball players with an excessive salary?
    it's a Canadian thing

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    it's a Canadian thing
    So it involves swilling mugs of poutine?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    So it involves swilling mugs of poutine?
    Nah, at least the French Canadians are cool. Votto is from Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Nah, at least the French Canadians are cool. Votto is from Ontario.
    My grandfather was French Canadian and btw an illegal immigrant to the US.. I'm still waiting to get deported to Canada.. If it weren't so cold I'd volunteer yesterday..

I'm channeling Miss Cleo now, so I'll let you all know.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-22-2019)

The only things I get from Votto's performance is that Reds fans don't understand that Luis Castillo is more important to the team than Votto right now, and that it's a mistake to have contracts that pay a player for what they've already done instead of what they are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    The only things I get from Votto's performance is that Reds fans don't understand that Luis Castillo is more important to the team than Votto right now, and that it's a mistake to have contracts that pay a player for what they've already done instead of what they are doing now.
    There are many on RZ and elsewhere that'll tell you Votto is being paid now for what he did after he signed the contract. Of course in order to do that, you have to go along with the idea that he was worth $70 million in each 2015 and 2017...

21. Likes:

Hubba (12-07-2019)

I think the more interesting question is what his legacy will ultimately be, provided that he’s “washed” and this is really who he now is.

Is he a hall of famer? (I doubt it) How will he be thought of generally by Reds fans? The greatest hitter the Reds have ever had? (An argument for that can certainly be made.) Or as a good but overrated player who will be remembered for his contract and being the face of some lousy squads? (I think this is largely how he’s perceived by Joe Fan)

These questions can be answered easily if Votto turns things around and becomes a good to great hitter again (and the Reds win something while he’s still here) but as things stand today, I think it’s a good question.

23. Likes:

Kevin1476 (05-22-2019)

Turn Off Ads?