Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schebler Improving A Bit

Re: Schebler Improving A Bit

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    As bad as he's been in 95 PA this year, Schebler has a .760 career OPS and 3.2 WAR prior to 2019.
    I'm excited about what (for the most part non prospects) VanMeter, Longhi, OGrady, and Aquino are doing so far this year.
    I'm excited about the future of actual prospects Trammell, Siri, and Friedl.
    Ervin has also hit a little in the bigs and last year in AAA.

Taking all of that into account, I still believe Schebler will start to hit and be a valuable piece on the Reds bench in a month or so.
    The rest of those guys are playing for possible spots next year or fill ins if the Reds have a rash of injuries.
    If I'm wrong, I only hope it's because they all succeed and some of those guys manage to outshine Scott.
    There are plenty of teams that can use a career .760 bat on their bench.
    I'm pretty sure Dietrich wasn't that high going into this year.
    I'm not certain Schebler can succeed in a bench role. He'll need regular ABs to keep him out of a funk. Adam Duvall had better numbers in his career through age 28 (Schebler's age) and now he's done. I think this is Schebler's fate too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just don't get it.

It's the shift that triggered the downhill spiral. Yet it seems like it's the big elephant in the room. No one wants to address it.

"Must be his confidence."

"Maybe it's his bat speed."

"No no... it's his launch angle."

ITS THE SHIFT! THE END!

"Maybe it's his batting gloves? Or perhaps his walk-up music. Yeah that must be it."

"Maybe it's Maybelline?"

No wait, I know... "it's just a small sample size."

"He just needs to get his swagger back. He's over thinking it."

So anyway... I wonder what happened to Schebler? He used to be pretty good. Baffling and totally out of nowhere. I guess it'll always be a mystery. Hopefully he gets his swagger back in AAA, I'm sure that's all it is.
    "Learn what it is that you do. Or we'll find someone else that will."

yes he is improving steadily, if he continues this uphill slope he has a chance to be the next Buddy Bradford

Other factors that should make AAA pitching easier to hit aside, do they do all of this shifting in the minors? That would seem to have a huge impact on what can be discerned from his AAA statistics.

I watched two of the games and Syracuse WAS shifting. They kept the pitcher, catcher and 1st baseman out (in case of a dropped third strike) and the rest played cards out behind second base.
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

7. Likes:

goldglover9 (05-21-2019)

Seems like the big league clubs would order the AAA teams to play the shift.
    Go Gators!

They call me "chef"

Schebler joined an improv team? Good for him. The baseball stuff didn't seem like it was panning out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

Turn Off Ads?