Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Senzel's Power?

Re: What Happened to Senzel's Power?

I understand the responses, but I do not think it is totally an unfair question. Anyone that watched him his first week up might assume he would be showing a little more consistent power, especially if they had not followed him closely in the minors.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Poster child thread in favor of a Sun Deck forum revival.
    "I got news for ya, Sugar Bear. We are going to be World Champions again. We are now going to be World Champions again!"

4. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-28-2019),PuffyPig (05-27-2019),Vander (05-27-2019),Wonderful Monds (05-25-2019)

I remember why I stopped posting on this forum last year not long after I joined. It slipped my mind when the season rolled around. Later.

Go Reds!

If you want to discuss site feedback or the Sun Deck, please make a thread in the site feedback forum. Please use tORG as a place to talk about baseball instead of airing personal grievances.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

7. Likes:

Alabama (05-25-2019),RiverRat13 (05-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    This board anymore.

<Shakes head>
    Kids these days. AmIRite?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    Senzel is hitting around what was expected. And 15-20 Hrs is what you would expect. As he matures maybe 25. he never had the power of a Bruce nor the hit tool of Winker. He has a good all around game. Solid hit tool, solid power, good base running, good arm and should be a good defender (sub par now in CF). He is good at every thing but not great at any one thing.
    I'm not comparing them as players or hitters, but the power potential reminds me of Altuve. Should mature into a mid-20s HR guy every year with a ton of doubles and a few triples.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Through 90 ABs - Vlad Guerrero Jr. with a .411 SLG.

Through 85 ABs - Nick Senzel with a .400 SLG.

Off to a Blue Jays forum to start an awesome thread worrying about Guerrero's alleged power.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

11. Likes:

westofyou (05-26-2019)

Winning is fun.

We knew the Reds were getting the best college bat when they drafted Senzel but the draft gurus really undersold his athleticism.

13. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-28-2019),mth123 (05-27-2019),Number_Fourteen (05-28-2019),OGB (05-28-2019)

I don't think I ever read one projection that had Senzel pegged as a power hitter. Most projections were a 15-20 HR guy with 30-40 doubles. To me he has the look of a guy that will be a .290-.300 hitter and sport an OBP north of .375, while slugging in the .450 range.

The thing I'm most impressed with that I didn't see coming is just how good of an athlete he is... The kid can freaking run and he has a very strong arm. When guys are 2nd basemen in college, I unfairly think that they must not be athletic enough to handle SS or have enough arm to play 3B. This kid has a ton of tools... I'm headed to GABP today for the first time this year and I'm excited to watch the kid play.

15. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (05-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    I don't think I ever read one projection that had Senzel pegged as a power hitter. Most projections were a 15-20 HR guy with 30-40 doubles. To me he has the look of a guy that will be a .290-.300 hitter and sport an OBP north of .375, while slugging in the .450 range.

The thing I'm most impressed with that I didn't see coming is just how good of an athlete he is... The kid can freaking run and he has a very strong arm. When guys are 2nd basemen in college, I unfairly think that they must not be athletic enough to handle SS or have enough arm to play 3B. This kid has a ton of tools... I'm headed to GABP today for the first time this year and I'm excited to watch the kid play.
    Sounds like Paul Molitor. Career numbers of .306/.369/.448/.817, and consistently in the 12-19 HR range with 30-40 doubles.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Sounds like Paul Molitor. Career numbers of .306/.369/.448/.817, and consistently in the 12-19 HR range with 30-40 doubles.
    Perhaps some Andy Van Slyke? He's got the arm.
    Fiat justitia ruat caleum. Nolo timere. Laus Deo.

NM
    Last edited by InsaneinthBrame; 05-27-2019 at 02:04 PM.

If he remains the leadoff hitter as in hitting leadoff...(you know..the number 1 spot in the batting order type stuff?) I wouldn't mind if he only hits 5-6 HRs per season if his BA is in the 2.80-3.20 range. His current job is literally to get on base, not hit home runs every 5th time up.. He can stand a better average, but power? I don't care a bit if he's leading off.. I would expect more power as he ages and builds up his upper body strength more, but he's fine as is leading off.
    Last edited by mamell; 05-27-2019 at 05:23 PM.

He is our new "Drew Stubbs/Choo"

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    He is our new "Drew Stubbs/Choo"
    Are we supposed to know what this means?
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Turn Off Ads?